The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Afghan's Doing Agility!!! Some Pics

gina

Cesar Millan's next wife
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
John from MOLRIQ and ISTANI Afghans has very kindly allowed me to post photos of their gorgeous dogs doing agility. Firstly here is Isis who is doing really well and recently came 9th in an Elementary class, which is excellent considering she is not a Border Collie!!!! I have watched her several times running a course and she certainly attracts the crowds! Brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:
They also sent one of this Afghan called Sareb but i don't know anything else about it yet, but it's gorgeous another clever dog :wub: :thumbsup:

:teehee: Just to prove that ANY breed can enjoy doing Agility here is their Grand Bleu de Gascoigne called Guinevere who i've also seen at the shows :)

:clown: :clown: Now lastly here's Harvey their American Cocker Spaniel, showing that even the little dogs can fly round a ring!! :p :teehee: Many thanks again for allowing me to use your photos :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos and so lovely to see so many different breeds enjoying agility! :thumbsup: :) :) - it is such a fun thing to do, it is the highlight of Zephyr's week to go to agility and he barks and stands on his hind feet the whole time any other dog is running, cos he is DESPERATE for his go! :p :thumbsup:

A really fun sport and very sociable too :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers:

Agility looks great fun - wonder if Gabster would like it? :unsure:

Oh wow..some fab shots there. That last one of the cocker spaniel really tickled me, with one of his ears flying and the other down. :D

Ooooooh I WISH I could have a shot at that - nothing doing in the area, sadly ... :( ... Austin would be a flyer!

a11.jpg

Where bouts do you live ILKC??

Highlands of Scotland - Inverness would be almost do-able at a stretch if it was REALLY good fun :lol:

Great photo's, look at those ear's (w00t) . My Robbie would love to do agility :D , but I would never stop him or get him to go over the big wall thingy :oops:

Fab pics, :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind hair like that Afghans for myself very nice :lol:

I have a lurcher that i used to do agility with in my garden, but my jumps, see-saw, walking frame etc were all home-made and i just used a childs tunnel, my lurcher a (bed/whip) was actually quite good at it but there was no agility clubs near me & there still isnt and any time i went to country fairs were there was agility demo's i would ask them for info but i got the impression they didnt want to know because of my dog being a lurcher which was very upseting, and i know that you have to be in a club to compete which was annoying because i think my dog would have done well. :)

Miss Madam said:
I have a lurcher that i used to do agility with in my garden, but my jumps, see-saw, walking frame etc were all home-made and i just used a childs tunnel,
That's great! I might just try that - maybe I should start another thread elsewhere ... :- " ... you have inspired me, Miss! :lol:

It was great when i did that,lol :lol: i was so proud when i put it all together,lol, just a few ideas:

for the jumps - i just made my wings out of old wood that was lying about or just buckets,lol, and for the poles i just used the poles of the brushes.(it did the job)lol

for my tunnel - i just got a childs play tunnel out of argos,lol, they are'nt that expensive,lol.

for my weaving poles - i just got wooden poles cut them to the same length used about 5 or 6 and just stuck them into the ground.

For my see-saw - i just used a plank of wood and set it over a triangle i made out of wood,lol.

for my hoop jump - i used a childs hula hoop and taped it to 2 wooden wings.

just a few ideas, it all looked a bit shabby after i was finished but it really did the job, at least it will keep you occupied for a while ILKC,LOL :lol:

(w00t) what will the neighbours think when they see me running around jumping over buckets and squeaking at the poor dogs (who will doubtless show me up by standing to one side and giving me withering looks :mellow: ).

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back