The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

MSc Dissertation- Dog Nutrition please help!

JoPin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,
As part of my MSc in International Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law with the University of Edinburgh, I am exploring attitudes of UK dog owners towards canine nutrition and, in particular, insect-based diets. If you are a UK dog-owner aged 18 or over, I would be really grateful if you could assist by completing this short survey. It should only take around 5 minutes.

Consumer Survey- Dog Nutrition

I don't have a dog currently - do I still fit the criteria?

Hi Judy,
Thank you for your reply! You would need to currently have or be responsible for the care of one or more digs to take part at the moment. Of course if you have any thoughts you'd like to share on the forum I'm happy for this to spark a discussion as I think it's an interesting topic!

Hi Judy,
Thank you for your reply! You would need to currently have or be responsible for the care of one or more digs to take part at the moment. Of course if you have any thoughts you'd like to share on the forum I'm happy for this to spark a discussion as I think it's an interesting topic!

No problem - I've just had the one dog previously, and failed to find a kibble that gave him half-decent poos. He did so much better on a raw diet. That was just my own experience, but I've met lots of people who switched to raw and found a lot of benefits, and very few who have gone in the other direction (though there are some for whom raw didn't work for their dogs).

As far as insect-based diets are concerned, I'm all for it - it has to be more humane (though I think we should factor in even insect welfare - there are, after all, a lot more animals per meal), insects are full of protein, and it could have a lot of environmental benefits. So far, insect-based dog food is too expensive for most people with large dogs, but obviously the price will come down as production increases.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back