The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1 Bitch Bred To 2 Males ... At The Same Time ?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So great to see the first 6 pups born. Hope all continues to go well.

Pauline

am also watching the pups being born - really need to go to bed, but there's more to come i reckon :wub:

The total is 8 puppies, 5 girls and 3 boys Going to start a new discussion where I will keep you all updated with photos that I will post tomorrow ;)

Krys

Watching the webcam was a lovely experience :) :cheers:

Well done Dido - and what a lovely litter with those various colours :thumbsup:

:luck: :luck: Good luck to them all!

Having been away for a bit I've only just read this thread and have to say how interesting it is. The reasons given for using two sires seem to be well thought out. I realise it might not be the primary reason but -

2 - We wanted to see how puppies out of the same bitch and sired by different dogs grow up and compare to one another, growing up at the same time, under the same conditions.
- is the most fascinating to me. A good chance to see the effects of nature versus nurture.

I can also understand peoples initial reaction that they wouldn't do it as in the past it would have been an unethical thing to do as you wouldn't know which puppies were which, but times have moved on and that reason no longer exists. I guess the feeling that it is wrong will still persist with some people though and they are entitled to that opinion.

All the best with this litter - it will be one worth following I think and thanks for sharing your thoughts - I think its made us all think a bit. I see some people have already changed their minds :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back