The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

10am Weigh-in

Tony Taylor

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Is it just me or is this far too early to finish weigh in?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it does finish at ten ( :D )then at least it is out of the way and pplz can get on with whatever their race morining rituals are in peace ... Unless of course you are planning on getting totally wrecked the night before and sleep like a log for the night :(

On the whole I think it would be a good idea, if not just for a trial run to find the perfect time and to ensure racing commences smoothly at the correct time with everyone given the chance to prepare the dogs and get themselves set up and ready.

If u r wrecked on the other hand ... :0

Hmmm you might just be getting old Tony ;) :p

It just that it takes over 2 1/2 hrs to get there for us. We have to get ready and see to the other dogs before we set off so realisticaly it means getting up a 6am. Others live even futher away.

Early weigh-in would be fine if there was a corresponding early start but to date this hasn`t happened. Last year???

The weigh in time ought not to affect preparation for your dog,

when we run on the bends at the champs the clocks change we have to leave at 4 am up at 3am this is hard but we no how you feel.

:0 4am ......thats middle of the night!!!!!!. Fair enough it's ok to have a 10am weigh in if you are camping over, but not everyone can/does want to camp over. 11am i can live with but 10am when you have other commitments is hard work.

I can understand an early weigh in if racing was going to start at say 11 am and be over by 3pm but it doesnt.

Personally I dont have a problem with the 10.00am weigh in for the championships. I had to get up at 3am for the N.W.R.F championships as I was going down and back the same day. In my opinion if I am going down and back the same day the sooner the racing is over the sooner I get home. Why not put a new weigh in time in for a proposal at this years A.G.M and put it to the vote.

I could accept the 10am weigh-in if the racing started earlier but it doesn`t ( last year both days started well after 1.00pm with a 10am weigh-in), so the racing then doesn`t finish any earlier; the early weigh-in just makes the day longer.

BWRA rules state that all national events to have 11.00am weigh-in so there wouldn`t be much point in proposing a 11.00am weigh-in at the AGM as we already have a rule for this (which is being ignored)

If I was to propose an amendment it would be for racing to start within 1 hour of weigh-in finishing.

The weigh in time is an absolute joke...I work as a postman and work a 6 day week. I already have to to take a day's leave to drive up on the Saturday, leaving at 6 to be there on time. I wonder what time the racing starts! If it is after midday I'm gonna be well annoyed cos I could still work and get there on time...I wait with baited breath....ridicolous....plus we're staying Sat night in a hotel...how much DO THEY WANNA US TO SPEND! or is it better off not going...probably get one race too...cheaper watching Premiership football...

Paul

Hey paul which hotel? Might get the next room to us lol

The weigh in time doesn't bother me (i still have other dogs to see to & a 14 month old baby to sort out) but like others have already said it's the waiting between the end of weigh in & the start of racing - it's probably great if you've got a caravan to go back & sit in, watch telly etc

I think a proposal of racing to start within an hour or whilst it's champs 1 1/2hrs wouldn't be too much to ask for, i really can't see how it's that much of a problem as all needs doing is for races to be drawn once all dogs are weighed in - considering each weight class is run off scratch there's no handicap to work out etc, surely it doesn't take that long to print off a couple of hundred copies of a programme?

hi Vicky, dunno the hotel yet. Gotta check with the lads from the club tomorrow. They did say the local Tavel Lodge (?) takes dogs?. Already cost me 40 quid for another postie to do my walk on the 23rd. I could of just made a 11am weigh-in....

Never mind, C U there,

Paul

Could no-one take your dog up for you to weigh in so that you could go later in time for the racing?

If you don't already know about this one (or anyone else who's thinking of staying over the weekend) it's 5 mins from the track, not to badly priced, loves dogs (& they're free of charge), is right on the edge of the river & does excellent food - only problem, for some reason my dog weighs heavy when we stay there :D Oh & you never want to go home!!

Sysonby Knoll Hotel

has anyone tried getting an open going one hour after weigh in, its not easy 10 am is a bit early but lets give it a go and see ,personally it dosnt bother me either way

Hi Gaz, You are right its not just a top ten open or weekend event.

How many people offer to help evan if it was to sell the raffle tickets.

I offer my help and have never been refused. You can count the number of workers on one hand. And thay work hard all weekend. There is alot more to a big B.W.R.A event than people realise.

The weigh-in is much too early. as I stated earlier I will have to pay another postie £40 to do my walk as there is no leave left for bank holiday weekend. If the weigh-in was about 11.30 I could work and just about make it to Asfordby.

As it is I have one dog who is likely to have one race, we will pay £40 in fuel, probably about £50 for a hotel, at least £50 for an evening meal and the Saturday night in the club. That is at least £180 for one race and to support the event...As I said before I gave watching football, cos me season ticket was £650, but I did get 19X90 minutes!

I appreciate that people do have to work at these events, I've done at my club, but I'll be interested to know what time the racing starts...If it's after midday, I won't be doing it again...A reasonable weigh-in time could of saved me £40...which is still a fair bit of cash...

Regards,

Paul

On a happier note..thanks Vicky for the hotel link...I've emailed 'em..and will chase 'em up tomorrow...

Thanks,

Paul

Sorry about the rant...I appreciate you all have costs, but it is still a little annoying..actually the hotel is £77 for a room, superior they say.... ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back