The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

16 week puppy still waking up every 2 hours please help

Linzi Evans

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
I have a 16 week old puppy who has always slept in the lounge. We expected to be getting up during the night for a few weeks for toilet etc. However she seems to have now fallen into a habit of waking up every 2 hours sh will cry and scratch the door as well and banging into the door. I will come down but wait for quiet before I enter the room when I do enter the room she will go straight back to her bed or the sofa and go back to sleep within about 5 mins. I go back to bed and sure enough 2 hours later banging scratching and crying. Problem is it doesn’t seem to be getting any better and now she is starting to find her voice and the odd bark is coming out. Please help me before I have a crying barking dog at 3am

The most effective approach would be either to have her sleep in your bedroom, or you to sleep in with her for a while, till she feels more secure and independent. Dogs are social animals, and when we expect them to sleep on their own as puppies, we're going against their natures. Have a read of this post - it relates to the very early days, but applies to older pups to: Your new puppy: the first few nights

Also, could she be getting cold? You could try her in a pair of pjs and see if that helps.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back