The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

18 hours sleep for optimum puppy health?

London Drummer

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone, newbie here! My puppy is gonna be 11 weeks on Monday. She is a Staffordshire and I am trying to do everything so she can sleep more as I heard they should be sleeping a minimum of 18 hours a day. Is it really true?

She loves her crate, sleeps around 8 hours at night and 4 to 5 hours during the day. Sometimes she is almost sleeping, but then she hears someone in the house and becomes alert again.

is her schedule normal or it will be bad for her health?

Thanks

I'm sure mine didn't sleep that much - it certainly didn't feel like it, anyway! Bear in mind, though, that dogs can sleep very lightly, literally with one eye (or two eyes) open, so she may be asleep when he doesn't seem to be. As long as she has plenty of opportunities to chill and to nap if she wants to, I wouldn't worry.

Sounds to me as if you and she are doing really well. Puppies don't read text books!

Hey guys tanks for your reply and tips. I'll keep like this and if I have any behaviour issues I'll let you know, but yes so far so good!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back