The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1st Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
16LBS RCH Summa Breeze :thumbsup: 15.8218LBS RCH Fun to Run :thumbsup: 15.82

20LBS RCH Alethia :thumbsup: 15.65

22LBS Posh Paws :thumbsup: 15.42

24LBS RCH Braecombe Nadel :thumbsup: 15.37

26LBS RCH Evensent :thumbsup: 14.88

28LBS RCH Highland Warrior :)

30LBS Peppermint Perfection

32LBS RCH Blue & White Dynamite

Thanks to Mandy and Derek for a lovely weekend and big WELL DONE to Blue and White Dynamite for the fastest time of the day(In my eye's) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for everyones support and kind word's over the weekend :)
Are you sure that you have the Official winner for the <28lbs. Group?

Or are you an official of the body which organised the event and have disqualified Wheatroyd Constant Chimes?

Shades of "Animal Farm" and the writing on the barn wall?

We all know who changed that. ;)

Gavin.
I believe it was Squealer (propaganda) who re-wrote the rules to suit the needs of those in power. At the present time there is only ONE governing body in pedigree whippet racing not sure if the analogy fits Gavin. :-

Yep we were at the 1st champs and we know what we saw and what we think about it. :thumbsup:
yes I think we all know what we think about it beejay .

Thanks to Mandy and Derek for a lovely weekend and big WELL DONE to Blue and White Dynamite for the fastest time of the day(In my eye's) :) :) :) :)

Or are you an official of the body which organised the event and have disqualified Wheatroyd Constant Chimes?

Gavin.
I believe it was Squealer (propaganda) who re-wrote the rules to suit the needs of those in power. At the present time there is only ONE governing body in pedigree whippet racing not sure if the analogy fits Gavin. :-

Yep we were at the 1st champs and we know what we saw and what we think about it. :thumbsup:
And there was me thinking that the winning dog was registered, passported and DNA checked! It`s pedigree accepted by the registering body and the WRCA. Perhaps there are TWO registering bodies?

What do I know-I breed cats!

I`m glad my kittens aren`t in Britain`s Got Talent lottery, when it comes to registering them, when the result seems to depend on a Crowd Mentality. You know the sort of thing that happens then.Some fool yells "Crucify" and the mob all join in.

Gavin

Gavin.

And there was me thinking that the winning dog was registered, passported and DNA checked! It`s pedigree accepted by the registering body and the WRCA. Perhaps there are TWO registering bodies?

What do I know-I breed cats!

I`m glad my kittens aren`t in Britain`s Got Talent lottery, when it comes to registering them, when the result seems to depend on a Crowd Mentality. You know the sort of thing that happens then.Some fool yells "Crucify" and the mob all join in.

Gavin
Funny in the GOOD Book does it not say " let he who has not sinned cast the first stone " and i suppose it is wrong to think that the crowd should be allowed an opinion.

The response from the crowd, and from the pedigree racing clubs the length and breadth of the country say it all :thumbsup:

The response from the crowd, and from the pedigree racing clubs the length and breadth of the country say it all :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

so far........ how many clubs have ditched superstars???? :D

Well said you 2 :thumbsup: (w00t)

Go Highlander Go you are one true CHAMPION :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

so far........ how many clubs have ditched superstars???? :D
I think just about all clubs now Julie. I haven't heard about Maidstone, but it will be quiet there if they don't :D Heart of England and Harvel aren't running opens this year as far as I know, all other Northern clubs are supporting running to their own rules, and reserving the right to refuse entry :thumbsup: A couple of others have meetings arranged to discuss, but its looking good that all will support :thumbsup:

Regarding DNA testing, I would like to point out that unless the DNA test was taken publicly with witnesses's present who could readily identify the dogs present for the testing as those that are alleged to be the parents AND that the DNA samples were then sent directly after swabbing to the relevant labaratory by an independant person then you don't have any immunity or defence to accusations that the testing was rigged in some manner.

The reason I say this is because I've just recently done some DNA swab testing of our non-ped puppy and I know having it done by a vet carries no weight whatsoever, it's witnesses that are paramount that can identify the dogs and aren't your 'bessy' mates.

I don't know the circumstances (fully) but I can understand why allegations are still flying around especially if there have been flaws in how the DNA samples were first obtained, I expect that if they had been done correctly and publicly there wouldn't be a case for an argument now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding DNA testing, I would like to point out that unless the DNA test was taken publicly with witnesses's present who could readily identify the dogs present for the testing as those that are alleged to be the parents AND that the DNA samples were then sent directly after swabbing to the relevant labaratory by an independant person then you don't have any immunity or defence to accusations that the testing was rigged in some manner.
The reason I say this is because I've just recently done some DNA swab testing of our non-ped puppy and I know having it done by a vet carries no weight whatsoever, it's witnesses that are paramount that can identify the dogs and aren't your 'bessy' mates.

I don't know the circumstances (fully) but I can understand why allegations are still flying around especially if there have been flaws in how the DNA samples were first obtained, I expect that if they had been done correctly and publicly there wouldn't be a case for an argument now.
:thumbsup: Spot on :D

ive been told, 2nd DNA was asked for with the relevent witnesses, but shortly after this the sire died before DNA was carried out.

the kennel club have said that only DNA from parents can prove parentage,

tbh if i took my dogs to my vet for DNA or anything else for that matter, he wouldnt know who of my dogs he was looking at :wacko:

this whole thing is bring pedigree whippet racing to its knee's...........

I know everyone on both sides wants their say but I thought maybe I should close this thread until it all cools down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back