The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2 Steps Back

cefan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
first up a big hello to everyone from the new boy cefan!just got in from the most frustrating lamping session of my life and need to have a good blab about it.i have a 16month old 5/8 3/8 hancocks colliex (a whole topic in its self!!)and barring the odd giddy spell it has shown great promise.its a fairly heavy dog and never has or will be a prolific rabbit catcher,but this mornings performance beggers belief.in its defence (and ive walked back trying to think of many)it hasnt seen alamp or rabbit for nigh on 6 week,but it was like taking him out for the first time again.his pace and turning can be sharpened but not looking down the lamp,hunting on and missing squatters made me think id have been better off taking my terrier out instead!ive seen dogs have off nights and i may be over reacting a tad but after waiting 6 week for his pad to heal i am sorely dissapointed.has any one got a few words of encouragement for me and fly?

Heya - welcome to K9!

I'm sure that there will be some good support for you from the working/coursing guys :)

All I can do is sympathise with your frustration ..... my whippet is very good at catching sparrows but she hasn't got the hang of the rabbiting game yet and as for the lamp??? :lol: She thinks that's for showing her the way home (w00t)

thanks,nice pics too.any chance you could send me them sparrows my ferrets are eating me out of house and home and even they are sick of turkey!! :lol: also noticed i sent my note or whatever its called to chit chat,sorry to all those who take this v serious (its my first day,wont happen again) :oops:

hi there and welcome to k9 ,its a bit slow as its crimbo every one prob still nursing there hang overs :- " im shure somone with experience will be along shortly to give you some advise ,any chance of some picys of your dog :cheers:

It's still a young dog,and the bigger type need to muture a lot longer.Don't be in too much of a rush after injury,gently bring this dog back into training with gentle road work,and after a few weeks take the dog out again,hope this will give you some encouragement,keep trying ,it will come.Lady P :luck: GOOD LUCK

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back