The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2 Year Old Male Looking For A Home

Rae

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hiya,

This is an appeal on behalf of a lovely 2 year old male whippet. He is housetrained, neutered, good with children, other dogs and lives with a cat. he can be left for a few hours with out being destructive. He has no vices and his owner is very sad to part with him but there has been a change in circumstances.

He is looking for a home - ideally with another whippet and where he will get plenty of off lead exercise.

He is not in any danger and is quite happy in his current home until a permanent and loving home can be found for him.

Sorry I dont have any photos of him, but he is fawn with a blue mask and white trim.

He is a typical 2 yr old whippet (w00t) :wub: and from show lines. He is a pet and has not been raced, coursed or worked.

I have met him and he is totally adorable and very loving.

If anyone is interested could they please PM me. :luck:

Thanks Rae.

Sounds very nice ... hope he gets agood home soon. :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Nobody interested in this lovely boy :(

where abouts is he? is there any way at all you can out up a pic? can you email a pic?

Don't think it will be long before he is in a new loving home.

Only wish I was able to have another, he sounds lovely. :wub:

Fletch could do with a mate to play with, but the mrs isnt too keen at all. ive been dropping hints about getting another but she's afraid it'll be too much for us too soon, not to mention the cost. If anyone remembers, when we were first looking for a whippet (we got fletch), we had thought of getting 2 pups, but then changed our minds after speaking to people on here. Im not saying we'd be wanting to take this dog specifically, but he sounds a lovely dog with plenty of good points.

Could someone list the pros and cons of taking a two yr old dog in with a 5 month old dog. Id hate to think we'd take on another only to find it upsets the household a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
markE said:
Fletch could do with a mate to play with, but the mrs isnt too keen at all. ive been dropping hints about getting another but she's afraid it'll be too much for us too soon, not to mention the cost. If anyone remembers, when we were first looking for a whippet (we got fletch), we had thought of getting 2 pups, but then changed our minds after speaking to people on here. Im not saying we'd be wanting to take this dog specifically, but he sounds a lovely dog with plenty of good points.
Could someone list the pros and cons of taking a two yr old dog  in with a 5 month old dog. Id hate to think we'd take on another only to find it upsets the household a lot.

Mark, do PM Rae, she will be able to give you some very interesting details about this boy and why he sounds like he could be perfect for you :thumbsup: ;) ;)

Hi Mark,

I think he would fit in really well with you - I think you might already know that he gets on very well with 5 month old puppies :D

He lives quite close to you so you could have a few visits and maybe take him for a few hours to see how you all got on - I'm sure his owner would like to do it like that to make sure everyone is happy before you take the plunge.

Pros of having 2 dogs....

company for each other

its great to see them run together and curl up together

you'll never regret having a second whippet

I cant think of any cons, other than double to food bill and the fact that you cant always watch TV in peace as there might be lots of roo rooing and pouncing :lol:

If you like having 1 you'll love having 2

I think the main thing as that as long as you stop at 2 :- " you can still take them on holiday etc with you without being restricted where you go.

This really is a fantastic dog and if we didnt already have 5 we would take him on like a shot. (Well I would anyway but I cant persuade my OH :( )

Come on you lot that have just got a second whippy what are the pros and cons - I've forgotten what it was is was like to just have 1....... :p

Two are easier to look after than one cos they entertain each other and snuggle up together and so on. Course, you also get double trouble :devil: but that won't be so bad with a two year old and a 5 month old. :- "

Like Rae, I'm up to my eyeballs in furry things here. :wub: If I didn't have my parents being the voice of reason (about this anyway! :p ) I'd take 'em all in. :)

Rae said:
Hi Mark,
I think he would fit in really well with you - I think you might already know that he gets on very well with 5 month old puppies  :D

He lives quite close to you so you could have a few visits and maybe take him for a few hours to see how you all got on - I'm sure his owner would like to do it like that to make sure everyone is happy before you take the plunge.

Pros of having 2 dogs....

company for each other

its great to see them run together and curl up together

you'll never regret having a second whippet

I cant think of any cons, other than double to food bill and the fact that you cant always watch TV in peace as there might be lots of roo rooing and pouncing  :lol:

If you like having 1 you'll love having 2

I think the main thing as that as long as you stop at 2  :- "  you can still take them on holiday etc with you without being restricted where you go.

This really is a fantastic dog and if we didnt already have 5 we would take him on like a shot. (Well I would anyway but I cant persuade my OH  :( )

Come on you lot that have just got a second whippy what are the pros and cons - I've forgotten what it was is was like to just have 1....... :p

Sounds tempting to have a look at him. Keep in mind that i havnt even mentioned it to the mrs yet. Whereabouts is he Rae? how far from me, in case we decide to take a look.

Ooo go on Mark - just have a loooook wont you :thumbsup:

In case you're wavering - two whippies is bliss :wub: :wub: and that age gap sounds perfect. I have a 19-month old and a 6- month old and they are the best of pals :)

Show your Mrs lots of pics of Oscar and kobi, Josie and lola and lots more with two whippets she will soften to the idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And Fletch would love a friend to play with I bet :huggles:

i always feel sorry for solitary dogs,it must get lonely for them with no other canine companion.so tell your better half its cruel to keep one dog all on its onesome.im sure shell relent! :thumbsup: :D

we're lookin for a play mate for charlie now, the pictures of 2 or more whips look like a jigsaw puzzle, charlie needs his other piece, have pm'd rae waiting to hear back,

Hello!

I was told he is up in the North, not far from me? I would just like to add, even we don't have another dog, we will still bring ours to work every day. It is several other ones up there, and he will have plenty of walks off the lead.

I was reading and looking at pics all night last night, when I finally went to sleep I was convinced it was a whippet in the bed kicking me all night. Turned out to be a combination of OH and a hot water bottle... :b Then again, have never known anybody who need electric blankets or hot water bottles when they have a whippet ...

Cathrine :luck: :luck:

Well I'll put a good word in for whoever sends me the biggest bribe!

Fingers crossed there will be a really good home for him out of the interest shown in him so far. :luck:

Hopefully there is a picture of him below... :wub: :wub: :wub:

He is in the NE - near Rowlands Gill.

finbar.jpg

i got jasper a 5 yr old boy when i already had gypsy a 5mth old bitch and it was the best thing i ever did

:huggles:

Fin now has a new home to go to. :)

Thanks to everyone that was interested and very sorry to anyone that has been dissapointed.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back