The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2010 Oz & Nz Show Results

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Welcome to 2010 everyone - may it be a great year for all of us.

Please post all your brags and results here and we'll have a constant reference throughout the year, always easy to find.

Thanks for kicking us off again Lana.

I know that Laddie ( Lysnagah Labarum) took BOB down in Victoria today for his owner Doug Broadbent. Not sure of any other details though so maybe someone down that way may have them. Congrats Doug- good way to start the year.

Way to go Laddie and Doug.

Congratulations on Laddie's win!! I also had a call that a Brandy/Cooper baby won Best Baby in Group!! (Sorry again no show name!! It would be the Liesor prefix though) Apparently Debbie was quite emotional when the judge handed her the ribbon as its her first home bred litter! I can relate to that!

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS DOUG & LADDIE!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great start of the year :)

Just got another excited call from Deb Thorne and Brandy/Cooper baby has just won another Baby in Group at the Gippland shows today! Her show name is Leisor Rockin Robin. BOB was Tony Wills minor puppy bitch Rosiel Royal Scandal (this is the Byerley Hilfiger baby whose name I didn't know!). Dog CC was Robynne Spencer's Ch. Taejaan Shut up and Drive, don't know any other results at the moment, but a big well done to Deb on her wins with her baby!

Congratulations everyone with wins so far :cheers: here's to many more throughout the year

(hmmm sigh .... bring on the start of our shows for the year) :)

Cristina

Just heard that Tony's bitch went on to win Best Minor Puppy in Show!

When do your shows start again Cristina?

A couple of more weeks Elly, maybe I should of taken a leaf out of Lana's book and taken a holiday down south. :lol:

Although I have done most of the things I wanted to do around home that I put aside to go showing last year :p but it's been too hot to travel with dogs anyway and then run around a ring :D now just have to see how the rain goes.

Cristina

We are home safe and sound.

I was lucky that nearly all the shows I went to in Brissie were night shows. Still muggy and quite warm but not sunny burning hot, and rain at a couple of them so not so bad at all. One day show and I didn't show the "oldies" - left them in front of the fan and only took the teenagers in.

The end of January is my first show for the year.

Glad to hear you made it home safely, now you can get back into the swing of things fully on the computer again :D

Cristina

Hopefully 2010 will continue the way it started. Laser (Ridgesetter Carbon Copy) won 2 CC's and 2 Minor Puppy In Groups at his first shows with the big boys. Naturally, at 6 months, the girls went BOB and RUBOB but we were still very happy.

2009 was a hard year for us. Two whippet litters, a Saluki litter, and in between we concentrated on campaigning our RR who I think will end up No. 2 in both Dogzonline competitions. Considering we were overseas and had judging appointments throughout the year and stupid me didn't add some of his results, we're still happy with the outcome. However, John keeps reminding me that competitions don't mean THAT much and just because a dog wins, doesn't mean it's good! So we will take it easier this year. We will campaign Clover and hopefully finish her Grand Championship and Laser will tag along. Blue's litter is 5 weeks old and then we'll probably hope to get her back out in to the ring. Plus we've enrolled for more judges groups and John is assistant Hound Group Co-ordinator so a busy year ahead.

At this point in time, I'm giving up my RR National in Sth Oz under a Sth African to come up to the Qld Whippet Show in May so have some compassion for me. :(

Happy New Year everyone. :D

Speaking of the Whippet Club of Queensland Championship Show in April I have attached the following so hopefully further interstate whippet owners enter ....... the more the merrier. For full information (along with Mrs Molly Head's resume) regarding this show please go to our website which is http://whippetclubqld.com

The Whippet Club of Queensland

2010 Inaugural Championship Show

Saturday 1st May 2010

Venue CCC Showgrounds King Avenue Durack

JUDGES

Mrs Molly Head (UK) Conformation

Classes: 1(1a),2(2a),3(3a),4(4a), 5(5a),10(10a),11(11a) General Specials

Mrs Marie McKenzie (Qld) Property

Best Head, Best Gait

Junior Handlers TBA

Entries Close : Friday 2nd April 2010

Entries To: Show Secretary.

86-98 Musch Rd Jimboomba Qld 4280, Enquiries Kerry Cooney 07 5546 3740

Entry Fees: Members $15.00 , Non Members $20.00, Babies $10.00 Property Classes $6.00

Catalogues: $10.00 paid with entries or $15.00 on the day

3 Generation pedigree submitted with each dog entered (for catalogue)

Advertisement available Black & White $25.00 full page Colour $50 full page

Judging commences at 9.00am Veterans parade (free entry please supply brief resume)

followed by property classes

Hope to see everyone there

Cristina

WOOO!!! GO LITTLE LASER!!! (I'm having another proud nana moment ... there's been a few this weekend!!) Toni do you have any more recent pics of Laser and Coco?

Cristina are there any other All Breed Shows on at the same time as the specialty? If I end up going I'm going to have to save and fly up because of work committments (can anyone offer me a job that predominantly involves me just staying at home and financing trips with Cooper every month or two?? :lol: :lol: )

That's the kind of job I want Elly - thery're pretty hard to find!

Hi Elly,

Lana and I were talking about car/trailer pooling for the trip down to Brissy for it, I'm sure we can squeeze you in as well if need be - will find out what else is on that weekend and let you know as well as anyone else thinking of doing this show.

..............and I'm sure everyone wants a job like that ........... why oh why can't I win lotto :(

I know I'm going to be sick of driving as I will only just be getting back from my trip to NSW with only about a week or so at home before turning around and heading back down the coast. If I do car pool with Lana I think it's lucky I like Country music :D

Cristina

Thanks for putting the WCQ show details up Cristina. Elly there are shows on the Sunday and Monday- think (but should check) that Sunday is Rocklea Ag show- usually interstate judges, and another show on Monday at Durack- it's our Labour Day holiday that day. Wouldn't you rather come to Movieworld on Sunday though LOL!!

Toni, you must love these whippets these days missing out on the RR show- will be great to have you and your dogs too.

Cheers

Gary

Mmm now let me see....

Movieworld? :unsure: Dog Show? :p Movieworld? :unsure: Dog Show? :p

:huh: Seriously Gary ... did you need to ask? :blink:

If I do car pool with Lana I think it's lucky I like Country music :D
Cristina
Hey, I'm not all Country ... I'm like Donny and Marie Osmond

I'm a little bit Country ... I'm a little bit Rock'n'Roll

LOL

Hey Gary - can we have Karaoke after the show ??????? :p :D :shifty:

Can we, can we? huh? Can we? :clown:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back