The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2nd Bristol Walkies!

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[SIZE=21pt]Walkies! Saturday 10th December at 1pm[/SIZE]

Kingsweston House and Estate, Bristol

Everybody welcome. Bring your whippets, lurchers, and other canine friends. Or just yourself and your wet-weather gear :thumbsup:

We'll meet in a large safe field behind an old stately home for whippet-running, head off for a bit of woodland foraging and then a stroll back along some heathland. Last time it took an hour, and we revived ourselves up with a delicious mug of hot chocolate from a tearoom which overlooks the industrial estates of the River Severn (picturesque in an interesting "modern" way).

Pics of the last walk start on page 4 of this thread: First Bristol Walkies Oct 05

If you'd like to come along, please PM me with your email address, and I'll send out map references and instructions :thumbsup:

edited to say: in case anyone's worried that it might be boring going back to the same place, I walked a slightly different route today which took in the remains of some ancient earthworks from a Neolithic Settlement (w00t) and avoids too much of the woodland bit which I think might be a bit slippery in December.

And I'll hand over to someone else to organise the next one :thumbsup: (maybe we could go to Ashton Court or Leigh Woods?).

Last edited by a moderator:
~Helen~ said:
[SIZE=21pt]Walkies! Saturday 10th December at 1pm[/SIZE]Kingsweston House and Estate, Bristol

Everybody welcome. Bring your whippets, lurchers, and other canine friends. Or just yourself and your wet-weather gear :thumbsup:

We'll meet in a large safe field behind an old stately home for whippet-running, head off for a bit of woodland foraging and then a stroll back along some heathland. Last time it took an hour, and we revived ourselves up with a delicious mug of hot chocolate from a tearoom which overlooks the industrial estates of the River Severn (picturesque in an interesting "modern" way).

Pics of the last walk start on page 4 of this thread: First Bristol Walkies Oct 05

If you'd like to come along, please PM me with your email address, and I'll send out map references and instructions :thumbsup:

Me! me! ooo pick me i want to come....... :- " (w00t) :teehee:

Yes, we'll be there again :D

Any excuse to see Lola growing :wub:

I'm in Bristol - walk in Blaise/Kingsweston all the time - so may well come along. Fly and I don't usually meet many whippies on our walks, so it would be nice.

Eleanor (and Fly)

Eleanor Gibbins said:
I'm in Bristol - walk in Blaise/Kingsweston all the time - so may well come along.  Fly and I don't usually meet many whippies on our walks, so it would be nice.
Eleanor (and Fly)

It will be lovely to meet you :thumbsup:

Just bumping this up again :thumbsup:

I'm only bringing Lola, because Josie has just come in to season. It will be strange to be a one-dog person for the afternoon :blink: :b

bumping :)

Is it just going to be Kim, Rae, Eleanor Gibbins, and me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Helen,

Count us in, except if it is raining, our two dig their heels in and refuse to move if it is. :( :(

Please pm us the details and I will get Chris to bring the camera.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Sharon.

[SIZE=14pt]Directions![/SIZE]

and hopefully a map...

On the map you can see very clearly a triangle made by three roads: Kingsweston Lane, Napier Miles Road, and Kingsweston Road (B4057). The entrance to Kingsweston House is on Kingsweston Lane, directly opposite the end of Napier Miles Road.

For clearer maps and information go to www.multimap.com and put in the Kingsweston House postcode which is BS11 0UR. Full postal address is Kingsweston House, Kingsweston Lane, Bristol, BS11 0UR. Zoom out to see the proximity to the M5.

For those coming from the Fishponds side of Bristol, the Ring Road might be your best bet, going to Filton and then heading for Henbury and the B4057 towards Shirehampton.

From S Wales use M5 southbound to J18, then A403 towards Avonmouth and turn onto Kingsweston Lane (by the looks of the map).

From the south just reverse the M5 directions.

When you get there... enter the stone gateway for Kingsweston House (opposite the end of Napier Miles Road). Go along the driveway for about 20 yards. To the left, you'll see a track leading to a large carpark tucked away in some woodland. You can either park there, or turn towards the right and park in the main carpark which is situated at the back of the mansion house (it gets a bit parked up there, especially when they have conferences on in the house, or there's a wedding or function).

Once parked, go around to the far side of the mansion house where there is a large field. We'll all gather there, and then go off on the walk :thumbsup:

small_pic_1.jpg

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT ME AND MUM JO AND OUR DOGS WILL BE COMING ON SATURDAY AT 1PM.

KIM

In case people get lost or run late on Saturday, I've sent my mobile number to everyone who replied to this thread.

Sorry if I've missed anyone - please PM me and I'll send it to you too :thumbsup:

I live a bit far away, and things a rather hectic at the moment :- " with our impending house move. I hope we will be able to come along to a 'Bristol Walkies' next year. :luck:

Hope you all have a good day on Saturday and look forward to seeing some pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~Sarah~ said:
I live a bit far away, and things a rather hectic at the moment  :- "  with our impending house move. I hope we will be able to come along to a 'Bristol Walkies' next year.  :luck:
Hope you all have a good day on Saturday and look forward to seeing some pics.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

yey we will definitely be there, had a hectic few weeks after Harley had his op but he is back on form now and they are both looking forward to tomorrow, as are Steve and Myself!!!

see you there !!! :thumbsup:

Yay! The sun is shining! It'll be a good walk - see you all later :thumbsup: :D

Any chance of a Northern version of this?? Or maybe it's been done already!! :D

:cheers: I think there was one planned recently for the St Helen's area - weather was a bit dire, though :( Why don't you start a thread and chivvy everybody along!! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back