The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

3 Opens On The Same Day!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
a lot of people think along the same lines as u jeff but as the 2 other opens were additional and not top ten i dont think theres much we can do about it. sadly :( it was lovely to c people having travelled from old hall as there was an open on there on the same day so it was nice 2 c them supporting the prestigious one and making it to the final! mind i dont think anyone wudve travelled all the way from portsmouth to wallsend but u never know if there hadnt been anything else on then maybe there wud have been a bigger turn out. who knows? we still did get a good turn out though 80+ dogs and i think the lack of pups is due to the fact that theres not many about @ that age they r either too young or too old. 25 yearling isnt bad though is it?

I reckon if you look back through the different threads with the opens on there wont be many with more dogs running and more so now the bends have started as quite a number don't like to confuse their dogs with both ---bet there will be more at next open after seeing what a great club you are and how well organized you are getting through the race card so quickly once you had started ---with no hiccup's---- :oops:

steve :thumbsup:

i agree in one way carole but if it happened the other way round some clubs would not be happy, you,s yourself cancelled a open this year or last year for the very same reason horden changed dates to accommadate another open.

I know and understand that there,s not enough weeks in the year for every club to have there opens and for none of them to clash on the same day,but when it comes to the major events like the english derby the scottish derby ,jack cadman.the lord byron,devon and so on and so on. on these dates these should be the only opens on

Jeff i understand what your saying but---racers do have a choice and when Carole cancelled wallsend one this year the one she cancelled it for was Astley and Tilsley gin pit one and there wern't many from the north east attending it ---and camping is free for all drink is cheap for all food was great and at right price ---but it did not make much difference to my mind you tend to travel where you like best i do always---steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen-Coral said:
NEILPEM said:
nicky12 said:
im not going to any il only get lost  :- "  :lol:

YOU COULD ALWAYS FOLLOW ME N GEOF PARR :lol:

HOW THE WEST WAS WON---- without sat nav by pissworm !!!!the latest guide to ways around Britain---lol

don't follow Neil as he has never driven north of Sheffield ------

even gets lost on way to Highgate---

LOL IM STILL NO BETTER :thumbsup:

steve

Karen-Coral said:
Jeff i understand what your saying but---racers do  have a choice and when Carole cancelled wallsend one this year the one she cancelled  it for was Astley and Tilsley gin pit one and there wern't many from the north east attending it ---and camping is free for all drink is cheap for all food was great and at right price ---but it did not make much difference to my mind you tend to travel where you like best i do always---steve
can i just say it wasnt me who cancelled the open it was the bwra i was asked though as were the comittee.

THERE SHOULD BE NO OTHER OPENS ON WHEN THERE IS CLASSIC ON

springer said:
THERE SHOULD BE NO OTHER OPENS  ON WHEN THERE IS  CLASSIC ON
I have to agree with springer whoever they are it was allways the norm in the past that nothing clashed with either of the NNWRF/BWRA events or the CLASSICS there are plenty of saturdays free for additional opens if they are needed also I think the way aditional BWRA regional opens for the TOP GUN have been put on have made the competition a farce

What ever any one thinks you can not start dictating to clubs when and how they can run ---its up to them ---

you may politely ask them if they would not mind running when these others are on --

and i am sure they would respond in a favorable manner in most cases but it has to work both ways when they ask for something from you ---

steve

TOP GUN CHALLENGE quote "the accolade going to the best of the best yard per pound dog / bitch"

run on a points system for prize money

E./M. held 2

N/.E. held 2

N/W held 2

S/Y held 2

N.Y held 1

Sco held 1

SOUTH held 5 inc 3 additional

( which have clashed with major opens)

M/W held 5 inc 3 additional

how can it work unless the TOP GUN STATUS is limited to an equal number for each region

weathergirls said:
springer said:
I have to agree with springer whoever they are it was allways the norm in the past that nothing clashed with either of the NNWRF/BWRA events or the CLASSICS there are plenty of saturdays free for additional opens if they are needed also I think the way aditional BWRA regional opens for the TOP GUN have been put on have made the competition a farce

And I totally disagree with the comments made regarding Classic Events, and always have done - if you have a dog capable of winning classics (or any points open for that matter) you are hardly going to attend a no points open. Why should the owners of dogs that are "less talented", or recovering from injury/season be treated as second rate - having to race on "free saturdays". Do you honestly think that by stopping clubs holding these additional events on the same day as a classic you will get more people attending them? Who wants to travel a long distance only to be beaten in your heat, at least with the IRG every dog gets two runs and the E final winner gets the same pay out as the A winner.

Elaine

maid said:
weathergirls said:
springer said:

And I totally disagree with the comments made regarding Classic Events, and always have done - if you have a dog capable of winning classics (or any points open for that matter) you are hardly going to attend a no points open. Why should the owners of dogs that are "less talented", or recovering from injury/season be treated as second rate - having to race on "free saturdays". Do you honestly think that by stopping clubs holding these additional events on the same day as a classic you will get more people attending them? Who wants to travel a long distance only to be beaten in your heat, at least with the IRG every dog gets two runs and the E final winner gets the same pay out as the A winner.

Elaine

well said elaine

Quote (norm in the past that nothing clashed with either of the NNWRF/BWRA events or the CLASSICS there are plenty of saturdays free for additional opens) unquote

And vice versa, there are also plenty saturdays free for so called classic events then.

None of the weekend no points opens were expected to pull the good dogs away from this classic event, but why should racers be dictated too as to where and when they race their dogs, if i can have a bit of sport near to home and i aint bothered about the points or classic status then that should be ok.

Next thing we will be told we can only go and watch certain football teams play.

hey Mr Meades your getting a bit close to home now ----lol

steve

Karen-Coral said:
hey Mr Meades your getting a bit close to home now ----lol

steve

I did not know that you could stop a none top ten open anytime its up to the region or club who is they BWRA,FED,IRG,Indepndant,Whippet news i do not understand when you say they John /Elaine

john m said:
Quote (norm in the past that nothing clashed with either of the NNWRF/BWRA events or the CLASSICS there are plenty of saturdays free for additional opens) unquoteAnd vice versa, there are also plenty saturdays free for so called classic events then.

None of the weekend no points opens were expected to pull the good dogs away from this classic event, but why should racers be dictated too as to where and when they race their dogs, if i can have a bit of sport near to home and i aint bothered about the points or classic status then that should be ok.

Next thing we will be told we can only go and watch certain football teams play.

According to this thread some people think that you should not be able to race your dog when and where you like if a classic event is held on that day, those are the they in the post above

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back