The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Champion Of Champion's

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Congratulation's to Rose Mc Coy,and Tori.Fastest dog in Ireland,and the Irish recipient,of the Four Nation's Racing Championship Title.Also the winner of the Geoff Fletcher cup,for the under 23 inch Straight Racing Final.This will be a yearly event,and we would like to see more of our friend's from across the water,and down south,taking part in this prestigious event.Rain,and bucket's full of the stuff,which fell on us for hour's and hour's,obviously kept a large number of lurcher and terrier enthusiast's in their home today,so we did'nt have a great turnout.But the dedicated one's made the journey,and had a lovely wet day. BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what we faced all day,till evening.In the Gazeebo,are Karen and George Platt's,Judges,and Mike Palmer,owner of Ellie may,one of the fastest bitches in England,but unfortunately,not fast enough for the Irish.Better luck next time Mike.Then we have Kirsty,and im not too sure of the other 2,but they're sheltering out of the weather anyhow. just look at that rain.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_002.jpg

This is one of Colt,and it's about the best pic i got all day,as my camera was alway's steamed up,with the damp condition's and there was nothing i could do about it.Club photographer was there though,so if John or someone could get him to post some pic's on here,as i know he got load's of perfect one's with his EOS 350 D SLR. What a camera.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_029__2_.jpg

Here is another racing pic,and then im off to bed,as ive been up for 21 hour's now.......

ELLIE STAR, No4,ELLIE MAY, No 3,AND I THINK THE OTHER ONE IS ANN'S DOG,No 2 ,WHO HAS BEEN IN ALL THE PAPER'S LATELY.

DID'NT WIN TODAY THOUGH.

BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_018__2_.jpg

some great pictures there billy!

it's a shame about the weather but it looks like the show was a great success for N.D.L.T.C

hope it goes from strength to strength :)

Thanx billy for the lovely sheilds you presented to me for Miss Tori, & thanx Geoff also for the cup that you kindly sponsered, i really am so pleased with her.. like always she proved how great she really is,lol :D i would also like to thank the NDLTC for a great day minus the rain,lol :thumbsup: we really enjoyed ourselves :thumbsup: thanx again :thumbsup: & welldone everyone else :thumbsup:

Rose :D

Could we have the full results of the racing please, simulated, and un21" straight racing, and if there was any puppy racing that result aswell.

Geoff, please

milly said:
Could we have the full results of the racing please, simulated, and un21" straight racing, and if there was any puppy racing that result aswell.          Geoff, please

the under 21" was won by Ernie owned by Martin Tucker & i think it was a wee bitch called Zena that won the puppy racing owned by k9 member Longstone Lad but not sure correct me if im wrong,lol, dont know who won the simulated as we left b4 it finished :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Think this was a semi final,and Frankie's Ellie May,ripped her due claw completely off in this one.Hope it heal's up Frankie,as im sure it did a lot to keep Ellie out of the final.Dont know the one dog,but the other 2 are the 2 Ellie's,i recon.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_026.jpg

This is wee Ernie,about half way up the field,in his first runBARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_003.jpg

Good pics Billy :thumbsup: little ernie was giving it some welly

Would love to see Ernie get a fresh run against the bigger boy's n girl's,just to see what he can realy go like.Remembering that he is almost pure whippet,he just has'nt the stamina that the other 2 would have.Anyway,here's another few pix.

BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_014.jpg

STEVE180 said:
billyboy45 said:
POST#13

Is that Markbricks 2 collie crosses in behind him.Was a good day barring the weather.Not a great deal of dogs but what was there was all class.Look forward to next year.

I spoke with George and Karen Platt's after the show,and George say's.that although he has judged dog's in a fair few places,that he has never seen better quality or conditioned dog's.Now that has to be something that we can all be rather proud off.There were a few other people,who had no dog's with them,who also made a statement saying that the dog's on show ,were in great nick.

This is William Mc Keown,with his dog CLINT,who was Lurcher show champion,and then went on to win over all show champion,when he went up against the terrier champion.This dog has won a lot of show championship title's,both here and across the water.Well done William,and Samantha,and it's good to see you out of hospital,girl,and out and about at the show's again. ...Billy...BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_056__2_.jpg

Yes saw alot of true dog men,who addiction for running dogs and deadication of work and conditioning showed.All the dogs came to run.the semi in the overs group was one I will remember for a while.Definately worth the trip.When I saw Arnie run in his first race,He turned a few heads and new straight away he was going to dominate.Was he related to the overs winner.Think this event will be has estaiblished itself well and will be one of the main Lurcher events to come.

Looks like a good day apart from the bloody rain, seems to be everywhere lately - miserable :( Karen will probably confirm this but i don't actually think i've seem her when the sun's been out (w00t)

billyboy45 said:
Would love to see Ernie get a fresh run against the bigger boy's n girl's,just to see what he can realy go like.Remembering that he is almost pure whippet,he just has'nt the stamina that the other 2 would have.Anyway,here's another few pix.
Depends what you define as "pure whippet" he's 1/8th greyhound and 7/8ths non ped racing whippet. Would still like to see him against the non peds, especially now he's getting some decent running with Martin but he explained it's not practical. Maybe we should come to you guys :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back