The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Champion Of Champion's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
STEVE180 said:
Yes saw alot of true dog men,who addiction for running dogs and deadication of work and conditioning showed.All the dogs came to run.the semi in the overs group was one I will remember for a while.Definately worth the trip.When I saw Arnie run in his first race,He turned a few heads and new straight away he was going to dominate.Was he related to the overs winner.Think this event will be has estaiblished itself well and will be one of the main Lurcher events to come.
I have sent my Tara bitch down home with him,to be mated next week.Tara was as fast a bitch,that had ever run in this country,and the only one in history,both here and in England,to have beaten the legendary Maddy,owned by Darren Moore.Through me not racing for a few year's,she never got the chance to make a name for herself.So hopefully wee Ernie will give me summit to race in all 3 size groups in the future,and his n her pup's will be as good as they were. BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that would be a litter to watch out for,Keep us updated.

Vicky said:
Looks like a good day apart from the bloody rain, seems to be everywhere lately - miserable :( Karen will probably confirm this but i don't actually think i've seem her when the sun's been out (w00t)
billyboy45 said:
Would love to see Ernie get a fresh run against the bigger boy's n girl's,just to see what he can realy go like.Remembering that he is almost pure whippet,he just has'nt the stamina that the other 2 would have.Anyway,here's another few pix.
Depends what you define as "pure whippet" he's 1/8th greyhound and 7/8ths non ped racing whippet. Would still like to see him against the non peds, especially now he's getting some decent running with Martin but he explained it's not practical. Maybe we should come to you guys :thumbsup:

Vicky,that would be bril,if it could ever come off,and there is a great track less than 30 mile's from where i live,that would let it happen,on a trial's day,but i dont know about a specific event sort of thing.Could find out mind,as the thought exite's me.He is a cracking little dog.Karen recon's tori would be top class,in the none ped's,and i heard her tell her to get the !!!! over there,before its too late.Ihave to agree with her.

STEVE180 said:
Is that Markbricks 2 collie crosses in behind him.Was a good day barring the weather.Not a great deal of dogs but what was there was all class.Look forward to next year.
no that was my wee 11 yr old lurcher Cody behind ernie.. :( lol :teehee:

Rose :teehee:

billyboy45 said:
I have sent my Tara bitch down home with him,to be mated next week.Tara was as fast a bitch,that had ever run in this country,and the only one in history,both here and in England,to have beaten the legendary Maddy,owned by Darren Moore.Through me not racing for a few year's,she never got the chance to make a name for herself.So hopefully wee Ernie will give me summit to race in all 3 size groups in the future,and his n her pup's will be as good as they were.View attachment 47344
I love your style Billy..nothing like a good bit of early advertising. Hope all goes well with Tara and she takes alright. The current lurcher racing champions over here have surpassed those in years gone by in the amount of times they have went to England and showed their worth and thats in spite of all the travelling involved and like your own dogs in the past are writing their own piece of history. It bodes well for the future with so many great quality racing dogs and bitches with super breeding and with your own pups coming through.

Just thought id mention,that with all the rain yesterday,the ground was extremely slippy,especialy up the race track,and anything with very short nail's would have been at a disadvantage.Inoticed straight away when i let Niki off,that every time she tried to turn,her wee leg's were skighting from under her,and she was left on her side ,sliding along the ground.Could.nt get her back on the lead quick enough.Pyper has good nail's,and found no problem at all.One club dog has fractured his thigh bone,and George ,Rose's dad ,and myself,heard the crack,as he could.nt control himself,at the end of the race.Hope the dog in ? make's a full recovery.Think this is her,the blue bitch.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_010.jpgThere was also another who did a couple of met's

Thisis Ellie Star,getting her ticket home,from Colt,who must be a good 5 in front,,at the line,as this was 2/3 way up.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_028__2_.jpg

This time it's in the simulated.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_039.jpg

One, of the puppy race.Just look how far back some of these puppie's are.It show's how young and inexperienced they all were compaired to the winner,who was under 23 inch racing champion last week.Sorry if anyone's offended by this,but what chance does a pup have ,against an under 23 inch racing champion,who beat a bitch last week,who was faster than my Megan bitch,when i owned and raced her quitea few year's ago.This wee bitch who won the puppy race,would in my opinion,gave Tori a decent bit of competition,as she is a very fast bitch,and will do well in the under's.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_058.jpg

Ah this one's better as it look's like pyper has won the pup's.No chance,and look how far wee Niki is,poor thing.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_059.jpg

Just found this one,and it show's me that Pyper is deffinately a tryer,and chasing his wee heart out.He is only 10 month;s and 5 day's old,so i hope i have summit here.George Platt's recon's he's summit else,as far as a looker goes.So hope he can run as good as he look's.Multi purpose maybe. Was'nt that far away.BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_021__2_.jpg

howling good time said:
Good pics Billy and thank you for the picture its up on our wall its great thank you

Just glad i could bring a smile to someone's face.Sorry the judge did'nt like you're pup.But dont let that dishearten you,as it's only a person's opinion.You will find that what one judge like's the other does'nt.In my opinion,both of those pup's are wee cracker's,and a good example of their breeding.Took no show pic's yesterday,as my camera was all steamed up,with the rain getting at it. ...Billy...

Hope these pix were enjoyable,as they're all i got,with the rain n that.The lad who was doin the photography for the club,has some mighty stuff,so if anyone want's good racing pix of their dog's,i think he has just about everything.And as he was'nt using a toy camera like mine,the quality is exelent.You can contact him through John.And if you're reading this John,have you got his number mate.PM me it please. ...Billy...

:) O h it was a good day we came home with a 2nd which was great, i got a few showing pics i will put them up they aint the best but least there pics

billyboy45 said:
One, of the puppy race.Just look how far back some of these puppie's are.It show's how young and inexperienced they all were compaired to the winner,who was under 23 inch racing champion last week.Sorry if anyone's offended by this,but what chance does a pup have ,against an under 23 inch racing champion,who beat a bitch last week,who was faster than my Megan bitch,when i owned and raced her quitea few year's ago.This wee bitch who won the puppy race,would in my opinion,gave Tori a decent bit of competition,as she is a very fast bitch,and will do well in the under's.View attachment 47351

billy unfortually haveing travelled so far to your show last week and there was no puppy race after i decission with my partner we put her into the unders so she would gt a race.

she will be 12mths on the 26th august

rhonda

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back