The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Champion Of Champion's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Have put this up for someone,but the quality is bad,very bad,as ive had to crop it right up. BARRON_TOP_SHO32_counties_021__3_.jpg

Martin Tucker said:
Congrats to Rose on her fine win. She beat Ernie fair and square in the run off. She is lightning away and my poor fellow waits to go where as she is `gone`. Hard for him to make up 2-3 lengths then. Wouldn`t mind a run with her out of traps ! So if your ever in Longford Rose give us a shout and we will take you on up my gallop !
I might take you up on that one some time Martin,with Megan,as she used to fly the lid's.But beware,cause i think Tori can fly the lid's too.Hey,wee Ernie did a cracking run behind those two,make no mistake about it.He seemed to have lost 3 lenth's before he even moved,and he's mi nute.I wish i had him up here,room for a pocket rocket anytime,Martin.Maybe i'll have a couple next year.Talk soon. Billy... PS.Sorry my pic's are'nt great,of him,but i think i have a good one coming.

billyboy45 said:
This is what we faced all day,till evening.In the Gazeebo,are Karen and George Platt's,Judges,and Mike Palmer,owner of Ellie may,one of the fastest bitches in England,but unfortunately,not fast enough for the Irish.Better luck next time Mike.Then we have Kirsty,and im not too sure of the other 2,but they're sheltering out of the weather anyhow.  just look at that rain.View attachment 47325
Sorry,Ellie Star.

howling good time said:
DSC06698.jpg

DSC06705-1.jpg

One of the family well some of it  :D

Thefloyds.jpg

This was the puppy class,and in the pic,are Kirsty, with Niki,myself with Pyper,dont know the next.Then youre twin with Hosie,and finaly,Mike Palmer,from Cornwall,England.As you see it was almost 4 pm when the showing started.Does'nt John look the part in his green wellie's

Last edited by a moderator:
billyboy45 said:
Have to disagree with youre last statement mark,as there is no way,not even to keep permission,that i would kill rabbit's just yet,as they are still feeding and breeding young.How many babie's will die with hunger down a hole somewhere tonight.Sorry mark,but im very strict on that one.I need a kill or two for my wee Niki bitch at the moment as she aint chasing right,but she'll have to wait till time is right.Hopefully the penny will drop before.But could i just add that ,that is my opinion,and everyone to his own.   ...Billy...
Sorry to come off topic, but can I ask you this Billy, remember when you came to Chatsworth and you said that you had forgot 2 bring your dog food with you.

You said that you had to lamp some rabbits on your way down (13) (w00t) hungry 2 dogs needing (13) to eat :D So were them rabbits on the CONTRACEPTIVE PILL :p

It was only the back end of August :oops:

Jayne

nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Have to disagree with youre last statement mark,as there is no way,not even to keep permission,that i would kill rabbit's just yet,as they are still feeding and breeding young.How many babie's will die with hunger down a hole somewhere tonight.Sorry mark,but im very strict on that one.I need a kill or two for my wee Niki bitch at the moment as she aint chasing right,but she'll have to wait till time is right.Hopefully the penny will drop before.But could i just add that ,that is my opinion,and everyone to his own.  ...Billy...

Sorry to come off topic, but can I ask you this Billy, remember when you came to Chatsworth and you said that you had forgot 2 bring your dog food with you.

You said that you had to lamp some rabbits on your way down (13) (w00t) hungry 2 dogs needing (13) to eat :D So were them rabbits on the CONTRACEPTIVE PILL :p

It was only the back end of August :oops:

Jayne

As it happen's there were 3 dog's to feed for 3 day;s,and this was an emergency was'nt it.I did'nt know what type of place i was headed for,or whether i would get nut's anywhere or not.My dog's had to eat.It is a different situation,when there is a need to kill to survive,but since then i have lerned my lesson,and ever since a mate done a hare with his bitch,and after gutting her,found 4 baby hare's in there ready to be born,and still living,this has stopped me.By the way,he brought me te hare,s in a hat,and told me that he had a chalenge for me.Ithought he was coming with little chick's or summit,but it was the baby hare's.Two did.nt survive,and we reared the other 2,and released them in the middle of a very big forrest,were we thought they would be safe.Now if i even get pregnant rabbit's out ferreting i release them.Its called conservation.

billyboy45 said:
Maybe so.But i bet he'd have been going home with his tail between his leg's just like i told Mike Palmer,he was,when i was presenting the shield's to Rose Mc Coy.A bit sharp i thought,after i told him that.but i dont soften my word's enough,and what leave's my brain,just come's straight out my mouth,and misses the editing thingy,somewhere in between the two.Nothing malicious ment here mark,and maybe you'll give us the pleasure of you're company next year. Might even attract the other side of the Palmer family next year.There's room in my house somewhere.
A TRUE SPORTSMAN WOULD NOT COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT.

WOULD HE Mr HARPAIR?

ALSO I THINK MY UNCLE MARKBRICK WOULD HAVE DONE US PROUD :thumbsup:

IF HIS BITCH WAS NOT IN SEASON (FACT) BEEN TOLD THIS THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE. SO PLEASE DON'T KEEP SHOVING YOUR WINNS DOWN OUR THROATS AND I WILL GIVE PRAISE WHEN IT IS DESERVED :thumbsup:

SO CAN I HAVE ONE OF YOUR PUPS WHEN YOU BREED UNCLE MARK (w00t) PLEASEEEEEE.

NO I'M NOT GOING SOFT HUMPTY

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........TOMTHUMB ;) HOWS THAT AUNTY HELEN :p

What a weekend :thumbsup: Great company and fantastic racing.Well done to everybody who took part,whatever event you took part in your dogs did you all proud :thumbsup: George and I were very impressed with the quality of dogs in the show ring.The owners had done a cracking job on the turn out of the dogs taking part.George said the reserve and supreme champions were very hard to choose between,and Billys puppy champion Pyper is a real beauty :thumbsup:

Now for what I went to watch the racing.The track was superb,and prior to racing there was a deffinate tension in the air :sweating: ,not only was the fastest dogs in Ireland there to take part but also Mike Palmer,had set of at 5am on Saturday morning and driven from Cornwall to Scotland crossed over on the ferry and landed in Northern Ireland at 7pm on Saturday night,so that his bitch Ellies Star could represent England,for the Four Nations Shield.We're proud of you Mike :thumbsup: I know the results are on here,and some pictures aswell so you don't need me to give them,but would like to say it was brilliant.Those of you who used to attend Chatsworth will remember the tension that used to lead up to the racing,I can honestly say this was much the same.It is a long time since I've seen that amount of good quality dogs line up for overs racing,and the majority of them being from the same litter.Those are a credit to there breeder Frankie :thumbsup: I know there can only be one winner,but in my eyes all the dogs were so evenly matched in the overs it would have to be the one that wanted it most that would win on the day.On this day it was 'The Mighty Colt' :thumbsup: We were so pleased for John,and I think I would be right in saying out of all the races Colt has ever had that race gave John the most pleasure :D There was a little Irish jig as he went up the track to collect his lad. :D Then it was the run off for both shields,one race as both dogs were Irish.Everybody stood by to watch as the lure moved.Tori flew she led from the slip to the line,and although it looked like Colt was gaining he couldn't catch her.Well done Rose and Tori,she's a quality bitch to win in such good company :thumbsup: I enjoyed watching the coursing,but unfortunately all the running events took their toll on the battery,so the final which will be contested between 2 club members will take place on another day.Let us know the result John.

Will finish now by saying a big thankyou to our Irish hosts you all made both George and I really welcome.We were priviliged to be invited to attend a great day,and I am so glad we took you up on the offer :thumbsup: A special BIG thankyou to John and Ian your a credit to your club. :thumbsup: :D One last thing for all the ladies on here.I've met Johns big brother Jimmy,and I now know where John gets his charm from ;) :D

Sounds like you all had a good time despite the weather. As usual it doesnt put off the hardy ones. Well done everyone, not just the winners.

Lyn

Martin Tucker said:
Congrats to Rose on her fine win. She beat Ernie fair and square in the run off. She is lightning away and my poor fellow waits to go where as she is `gone`. Hard for him to make up 2-3 lengths then. Wouldn`t mind a run with her out of traps ! So if your ever in Longford Rose give us a shout and we will take you on up my gallop !
Hi Martin, yes we could arrange that sometime, it looks like a good clean gallop, im sure Tori would love a run up that gallop :thumbsup:

Rose :)

rodders said:
What a weekend :thumbsup: Great company and fantastic racing.Well done to everybody who took part,whatever event you took part in your dogs did you all proud :thumbsup: George and I were very impressed with the quality of dogs in the show ring.The owners had done a cracking job on the turn out of the dogs taking part.George said the reserve and supreme champions were very hard to choose between,and Billys puppy champion Pyper is a real beauty :thumbsup: Now for what I went to watch the racing.The track was superb,and prior to racing there was a deffinate tension in the air :sweating: ,not only was the fastest dogs in Ireland there to take part but also Mike Palmer,had set of at 5am on Saturday morning and driven from Cornwall to Scotland crossed over on the ferry and landed in Northern Ireland at 7pm on Saturday night,so that his bitch Ellies Star could represent England,for the Four Nations Shield.We're proud of you Mike :thumbsup: I know the results are on here,and some pictures aswell so you don't need me to give them,but would like to say it was brilliant.Those of you who used to attend Chatsworth will remember the tension that used to lead up to the racing,I can honestly say this was much the same.It is a long time since I've seen that amount of good quality dogs line up for overs racing,and the majority of them being from the same litter.Those are a credit to there breeder Frankie :thumbsup: I know there can only be one winner,but in my eyes all the dogs were so evenly matched in the overs it would have to be the one that wanted it most that would win on the day.On this day it was 'The Mighty Colt'  :thumbsup: We were so pleased for John,and I think I would be right in saying out of all the races Colt has ever had that race gave John the most pleasure :D There was a little Irish jig as he went up the track to collect his lad. :D Then it was the run off for both shields,one race as both dogs were Irish.Everybody stood by to watch as the lure moved.Tori flew she led from the slip to the line,and although it looked like Colt was gaining he couldn't catch her.Well done Rose and Tori,she's a quality bitch to win in such good company :thumbsup: I enjoyed watching the coursing,but unfortunately all the running events took their toll on the battery,so the final which will be contested between 2 club members will take place on another day.Let us know the result John.

Will finish now by saying a big thankyou to our Irish hosts you all made both George and I really welcome.We were priviliged to be invited to attend a great day,and I am so glad we took you up on the offer :thumbsup: A special BIG thankyou to John and Ian your a credit to your club. :thumbsup:   :D One last thing for all the ladies on here.I've met Johns big brother Jimmy,and I now know where John gets his charm from ;)   :D

thankyou Karren and George for coming over and doing a good job for are club

rhonda

:D :D Hey Billy, I havent time to trawl back through all of the posts and think I may have missed the results of the puppy racing. No doubt, with you having so many to run, it was one of yours that took the title .........................has Trouble excelled herself at last ????? :thumbsup:

peony said:
:D   :D Hey Billy, I havent time to trawl back through all of the posts and think I may have missed the results of the puppy racing. No doubt, with you having so many to run, it was one of yours that took the title .........................has Trouble excelled herself at last ?????  :thumbsup:
no it wasnt one of billys pups longstone lads pup sena or zena not sure how its spelt

loking forwrd to seeing this wee bitch run again

Thanks for the info Black Thorn :thumbsup: and congrats to Longstone Lad :cheers:

TOMTHUMB said:
billyboy45 said:
Maybe so.But i bet he'd have been going home with his tail between his leg's just like i told Mike Palmer,he was,when i was presenting the shield's to Rose Mc Coy.A bit sharp i thought,after i told him that.but i dont soften my word's enough,and what leave's my brain,just come's straight out my mouth,and misses the editing thingy,somewhere in between the two.Nothing malicious ment here mark,and maybe you'll give us the pleasure of you're company next year. Might even attract the other side of the Palmer family next year.There's room in my house somewhere.

A TRUE SPORTSMAN WOULD NOT COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT.

WOULD HE Mr HARPAIR?

ALSO I THINK MY UNCLE MARKBRICK WOULD HAVE DONE US PROUD :thumbsup:

IF HIS BITCH WAS NOT IN SEASON (FACT) BEEN TOLD THIS THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE. SO PLEASE DON'T KEEP SHOVING YOUR WINNS DOWN OUR THROATS AND I WILL GIVE PRAISE WHEN IT IS DESERVED :thumbsup:

SO CAN I HAVE ONE OF YOUR PUPS WHEN YOU BREED UNCLE MARK (w00t) PLEASEEEEEE.

NO I'M NOT GOING SOFT HUMPTY

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........TOMTHUMB ;) HOWS THAT AUNTY HELEN :p

If you mean what i said to mike about his tail between his leg's,it was only a bit of Irish humour,and a joke with a jag.But hey,did'nt the Irish do well.

peony said:
:D   :D Hey Billy, I havent time to trawl back through all of the posts and think I may have missed the results of the puppy racing. No doubt, with you having so many to run, it was one of yours that took the title .........................has Trouble excelled herself at last ?????  :thumbsup:
Trouble is injured and wont run till next year if even.Pyper was 2nd and Niki 3rd,with Mike Palmer's pup 4th,this was only Niki's 1st race,and she isnt chasing right,and Pyper's 2nd.The wee bitch who won it is very fast,and has had load's of experience all year which showed as she left the rest for stopped.She won under 23 at our show last week,so is a force to be reconed with next year i recon.A little goodun.Did you show Archer since the last time.

Trouble is injured and wont run till next year if even.Pyper was 2nd and Niki 3rd,with Mike Palmer's pup 4th,this was only Niki's 1st race,and she isnt chasing right,and Pyper's 2nd.The wee bitch who won it is very fast,and has had load's of experience all year which showed as she left the rest for stopped.She won under 23 at our show last week,so is a force to be reconed with next year i recon.A little goodun.Did you show Archer since the last time.

Awwwwwwwww, sorry to hear about Trouble, I know you had high hopes for her. Sounds like the rest of the litter have done you proud though .. you must be chuffed with them all . :thumbsup:

Smallboy is coming along well too, but what with work and family committments, I havent had the chance to get him to any competitions since his victory, which uis a shame, but hopefully I will be able to get him out again soon. Any more face piocs of your lot??? :D

Sorry I haven't put anything on here before now, but after driving over 1200 miles from Cornwall to Belfast and back I needed a days rest! Firstly I'd like to thank John for his hospitality and a good saturday night out with him, his friend and Karen & George. On Sunday, apart from the weather, the show was very enjoyable, with some of the best racing dogs I've seen for a long time. It was also nice to meet Frankie and Nichola who bred my bitch Ellie Star. In the over 23inch racing heats my Ellie was drawn against Ellie May which produced the closest race of the day. They were also drawn against each other in the semi final which was also very close with both dogs suffering injuries, mine just being an opening of an old split pad, but Ellie May's was far more serious catching one of her dew claws with the inside claw of the other foot pulling the dew claw right out. This happened at the end of the race as she turned on the lure. I think we'd all like to know how she's doing. With the problems I've had with Ellie Star's foot over the last 6 or 7 weeks I was very pleased that she reached the 2 dog over 23inch final against Colt, but she lost to the better dog on the day.. well done to John :thumbsup: John then raced Tori for the both championships which you all know by now was won by Tori, this bitch impresses me every time I watch her run, so much so that if I had to pick the fastest 6 under 23inch lurchers I have have seen over the last 20years for a race-off she would certainly be in that line up! Congratulations Rose :thumbsup: Today I have had several phone calls from people in Cornwall asking me about the show, and I have reccommended it to all of them to make the effort to attend next year. Cheers, Mike

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back