The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Show.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hellomoto62 said:
jane123 said:
i think u would do well over in Ireland Markbrick i watched ur dogs at Westpoint Exeter and they will take some beating.
Jane

depends what you seen him racing aginst doesnt it ? i bet anyone he doesnt go to ireland. MARK MY WORDS !!

i think if he does go over he will come back a happy man

only way to find out if he could beat the irish dogs is to go there? :thumbsup:

Good Luck to all racers and showers, have a great time and cant wait to see the pics :luck: :thumbsup:

I would love to come over to watch the racing and present the winning trophies.

I'm sure this will be a well run event by dedicated lurcher folk, good luck to all the competiters in all the racing events and we will sponser the racing again next year including the simulated coursing :thumbsup:

Geoff ex lurcher racer ;)

wild whippies said:
Personally I think you'd of been better calling it the N.D.L.T.C Supreme trophy. I think giving a title such as fastest dog in Ireland is just OTT. This is a one day event and there'll be dogs who'll be injured, in season etc etc. So to say one dog that wins overall that day is the fastest dog in Ireland is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Not only that but if you did do timing that day then there's the possibility that a dog will do a far faster time in it's first run only to be knocked out in an overall run off.Personally I think you'd of been better liasing with other events and come up with the title for a dog that had one so many supreme run off's over say a year or so, it certainly would seem a more worthy title to me.

Incidently, to my knowledge the non-peds don't have 35lb+ (scratch) dogs running to supreme with the smaller handicapped dogs, they have a supreme for them seperate from a supreme scratch trophy. I'm sure Geoff will correct me if this is not the case.

Not trying to be awkward here Billy, I just think it might save you some hassle and of course some money. :thumbsup:

We only have a couple of fast dog's over here Jaq,and if they were injured or in season which i doubt,as they are all dog's,in the over's anyway,then we would have nothing.Only wish we had a decent turnout of racing dog's but we're very limited,and only have 3 or 4 fast dog's,with the rest being some 15 length's slower,in the big dog's,and the next thing to Tori was 8 year old Megan.So i hope you can see the problem we have compared to you're side of the sea.

There has been an All Ireland Championship show over here for as long as i remember,and i myself have proved beyond doubt,that most time's the wee dog is the quicker of the 2 ie,over and under 23.My Tarn bitch was 1.3 sec faster than the big dog once.This was timed from a video of the race,where there was a start line and finish line.I may have been quicher of the mark or whatever,but this big dog was unbeaten for 2 year's at the time,and went on for another till i beat him with Cornish Jack,Bob's brotherby nearly 20 length's,and Tarn was beating Jack..On the occasion where Tarn beat him by over a second,it was the big dog who took all the honer's and the glory,in all the hunting mag's n stuff.Now if i was to breed Tarn,i could'nt have put fastest dog in Ireland,which she undoubtably was for 4 years,as she never held a title that said she was.This Challenge shield was just a thought that came a reality overnight,with maybe not enough thought and planning gone into it.But the intention was to be able to crown somebody's dog as ireland's fastest.In honesty,the only dog to have been consistant this year,or the past 3 years, is Tori.Not only because there are'nt many wee dog's about,but because she had nothing to stop her,and all her racing was good clean racing.Cant say the same about the big dog's,as there has been shock after shock,with Colt only beginning to put a few together,over the last few show's.As we have seen to often ,anything can happen,and does.Take Frankie's bitch,Ellie May.Crowned All Ireland Champion,last year.She did'nt race or win all year,till that one day when it counted..But she was still the All Ireland Champion,and was regarded as the fastest in Ireland.No one can take that away from her,and maybe she can prove herself this Sunday.One thing i do know,the best of the best should be there,to make this all worth it.The wheel's have been set in motion now for this,so we will just go ahead and make it the best day;s racing,that this side if the irish sea has ever seen. Regard's ...Billy...

PS.Well done up in scotland with the one and only. " AVIT."

jane123 said:
hellomoto62 said:
jane123 said:
i think u would do well over in Ireland Markbrick i watched ur dogs at Westpoint Exeter and they will take some beating.
Jane

depends what you seen him racing aginst doesnt it ? i bet anyone he doesnt go to ireland. MARK MY WORDS !!

his dog was 15 lenghts in front of any other dog over about 120 yards i think that that is good dont u?

its up 2 him weather he goes over isnt it doesnt need people like u to bet weather he goes or not.

Jane

Mark is more than welcome.and i'll even put him up for the night,though i live a fair bit away.Maybe i should have reworded that to (put up with him)instead of put him up. Only jokeing Mark.Get that boat trip booked mate,as i would love to see those dog's of youre's kick some ass.

milly said:
I would love to come over to watch the racing and present the winning trophies.I'm sure this will be a well run event by dedicated lurcher folk, good luck to all the competiters in all the racing events and we will sponser the racing again next year including the simulated coursing :thumbsup:

Geoff ex lurcher racer ;)

Gentleman,you certainly are mate. :cheers: and thankyou. ...Billy...

Good luck all

Last edited by a moderator:
billyboy45 said:
wild whippies said:
Personally I think you'd of been better calling it the N.D.L.T.C Supreme trophy. I think giving a title such as fastest dog in Ireland is just OTT. This is a one day event and there'll be dogs who'll be injured, in season etc etc. So to say one dog that wins overall that day is the fastest dog in Ireland is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Not only that but if you did do timing that day then there's the possibility that a dog will do a far faster time in it's first run only to be knocked out in an overall run off.Personally I think you'd of been better liasing with other events and come up with the title for a dog that had one so many supreme run off's over say a year or so, it certainly would seem a more worthy title to me.

Incidently, to my knowledge the non-peds don't have 35lb+ (scratch) dogs running to supreme with the smaller handicapped dogs, they have a supreme for them seperate from a supreme scratch trophy. I'm sure Geoff will correct me if this is not the case.

Not trying to be awkward here Billy, I just think it might save you some hassle and of course some money. :thumbsup:

We only have a couple of fast dog's over here Jaq,and if they were injured or in season which i doubt,as they are all dog's,in the over's anyway,then we would have nothing.Only wish we had a decent turnout of racing dog's but we're very limited,and only have 3 or 4 fast dog's,with the rest being some 15 length's slower,in the big dog's,and the next thing to Tori was 8 year old Megan.So i hope you can see the problem we have compared to you're side of the sea.

There has been an All Ireland Championship show over here for as long as i remember,and i myself have proved beyond doubt,that most time's the wee dog is the quicker of the 2 ie,over and under 23.My Tarn bitch was 1.3 sec faster than the big dog once.This was timed from a video of the race,where there was a start line and finish line.I may have been quicher of the mark or whatever,but this big dog was unbeaten for 2 year's at the time,and went on for another till i beat him with Cornish Jack,Bob's brotherby nearly 20 length's,and Tarn was beating Jack..On the occasion where Tarn beat him by over a second,it was the big dog who took all the honer's and the glory,in all the hunting mag's n stuff.Now if i was to breed Tarn,i could'nt have put fastest dog in Ireland,which she undoubtably was for 4 years,as she never held a title that said she was.This Challenge shield was just a thought that came a reality overnight,with maybe not enough thought and planning gone into it.But the intention was to be able to crown somebody's dog as ireland's fastest.In honesty,the only dog to have been consistant this year,or the past 3 years, is Tori.Not only because there are'nt many wee dog's about,but because she had nothing to stop her,and all her racing was good clean racing.Cant say the same about the big dog's,as there has been shock after shock,with Colt only beginning to put a few together,over the last few show's.As we have seen to often ,anything can happen,and does.Take Frankie's bitch,Ellie May.Crowned All Ireland Champion,last year.She did'nt race or win all year,till that one day when it counted..But she was still the All Ireland Champion,and was regarded as the fastest in Ireland.No one can take that away from her,and maybe she can prove herself this Sunday.One thing i do know,the best of the best should be there,to make this all worth it.The wheel's have been set in motion now for this,so we will just go ahead and make it the best day;s racing,that this side if the irish sea has ever seen. Regard's ...Billy...

BILLY

Ellie May won more than just the All Irelands last year! I admit I didnt race her much but she won Castlebellingham, and also Saintfield and Deerpark and there were more but im not sure where.

hellomoto62 said:
jane123 said:
Jane

well hellomoto it looks like are sounds like you have raced my dogs and theyve beat you,look how many people on here can say theyve never been to a show and won less then 2 trophys and never had anyone takemore trophys away then them,Now i thrieve on people like you who be small my dogs cause it stems from jealousy, and thats it,thanks to jane123 and joe i dont know you jane but you only told the truth but watch out now theres certain people on here who dont like that,now who on here has a lurcher are really any dog that can match mine,nobody they are in a differant league as there real working lurchers and not used for one race wonders,look at a couple results this yr highlare 3 1st 4 events 1 dog,cornwood 1 dog4 1sts tractor rally 2 dogs 6trophysand a couple of 1sts in the ring lurcherworld exeter 5 trophys 2 dogs only showed on sat,most are events but they go in the ring now and again and get supremes and reserves just to show there in a1 condition as iam sure a judge can feel how burnt out they are :p now i will give a decision on ireland today and joe will know 1st has he will be coming with me but get of youre horse as iam not afraid of any irish dog, :thumbsup: mark

markbrick said:
hellomoto62 said:
jane123 said:
Jane

well hellomoto it looks like are sounds like you have raced my dogs and theyve beat you,look how many people on here can say theyve never been to a show and won less then 2 trophys and never had anyone takemore trophys away then them,Now i thrieve on people like you who be small my dogs cause it stems from jealousy, and thats it,thanks to jane123 and joe i dont know you jane but you only told the truth but watch out now theres certain people on here who dont like that,now who on here has a lurcher are really any dog that can match mine,nobody they are in a differant league as there real working lurchers and not used for one race wonders,look at a couple results this yr highlare 3 1st 4 events 1 dog,cornwood 1 dog4 1sts tractor rally 2 dogs 6trophysand a couple of 1sts in the ring lurcherworld exeter 5 trophys 2 dogs only showed on sat,most are events but they go in the ring now and again and get supremes and reserves just to show there in a1 condition as iam sure a judge can feel how burnt out they are :p now i will give a decision on ireland today and joe will know 1st has he will be coming with me but get of youre horse as iam not afraid of any irish dog, :thumbsup: mark

and yet another big up for yourself and your tractor driving dogs !!

as harper says get over there and prove yourself against those irish haha

fra said:
billyboy45 said:
wild whippies said:

BILLY

Ellie May won more than just the All Irelands last year! I admit I didnt race her much but she won Castlebellingham, and also Saintfield and Deerpark and there were more but im not sure where.

Sorry Frankiie,never heard anything about show's in saintfield or a deerpark,.The only race i know about her winning was the All Ireland, and as ive been told that she never raced anywhere else before that,ive been going on the imfo that i was given.If im wrong,sorry mate,and believe me ,i wasnt getting at you here,just trying to explain a point that i was trying to make to Wildwhippie's,and using Ellie as an example.I did say that she was the fastest on the day,s,and deserved her tItle,and that no one could ever take that away from her.Did'nt mean to offend you mate.I know yove been out with her twice this year,with no luck,but that's dog's aint it,and i was the first to back you up,about the All Ireland shambles.Frankie,when i typed in the first bit of my reply to Jaq,i had completely forgotten about Ellie,when i said that all the fast biggun's were dog's anyway.It's just that with never seeing Ellie that much,id forgotten all about her.These thing's happen frankie,as im sure it was' nt long till Tarn was forgot about,and she raced over 70 show's without ever missing one,and was never beaten.Did'nt know about the other show's frankie,and that's the truth.Remember,that the All Ireland was the first one id been at for 6/7 years,andIve been going on what ive been told,as i havent been around for quite a while as you know.I do know that after the All Ireland,last year,she never made another apperence,so i took what id been told as Gospel. Good luck on sunday Frankie,maybe she can make amend's for the All Ireland.Should be a good day. ...Billy...

Ok i dont race my dog, just show him, but Billy by the shounds of things you have got it all sorted out :thumbsup:

Did i hear some1 was going to challange the Irish?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back