The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

4 Week Scan

poppyandava

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
well ive just got back from the vets. ava a standard poodle pregnant with labradoodles had a scan to see if she was up the stick and she was. it took ages for him to find a heart beat infact i noticed it first and that was just on one pup. he said he could only see 3 in there. what worryed me was he said they seemed small for 4 weeks i dont think he mesured them or anything he was just going by eye any way he wants me to go back next week for another scan to re check them. why would they be small??? do i feed her loads now or what

Had the same situation with Mabel a couple of years ago when she was mated for the first time (accidentally- long story! :oops: )

The scan showed 6-8 pups, but like yours they were small for 4 weeks, and I had to take her back a week later. Unfortunately, they were even smaller- she was reabsorbing them :eek:

While it worked out for the best for me, as I hadn't wanted her to have pups then, I hope your bitch isn't doing the same- please let us know how you get on :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

HI I BET YOU ARE SO EXCITED CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS OF THE CURLY CUTIESXXXX

no not excited more worryed about them i will hopfully get excited after next weeks scan spoke to vet again this mor he doesent think i need worry but ive been reading all about reabsorbtion and now i am really worryed i cant beleve the bad luck we have in this house i am bleeding again 7 weeks preg and my daughters farther died the day before christmas eve i feel desperatly over weight put on 2 stone and we live on a small holding and have holiday accomidation but i feel so sick all the time i cant tidy the house or do any work outside god its crap sorry just having a rant need to scream and get it all out if only i had the energy plus i am worryed when or if she has loads of pups how i am going to cope if i still feel like this beaing sick all the time :x :x :x

The vet thought i had Ella's date wrong when i took her to be scanned as he said exactly the same - nothing to worry about in our case, all was fine and she produced 5 healthy pups.

Hope you feel better soon :luck: and that everything works out good with the litter :luck:

Hi, Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. In my experience the best thing to do is to look at each thing you have to do as a separate thing and dont think you have to do them all. Concentrate on your bitch who im sure will be fine, give her good quality food and gradually start to increase in the next week or so. Keep exersising her but restrict free running as she needs to keep her muscletone for the birth. Do what you can in bite sized chunks, you will be suprised how much gets done. DO WHAT YOU CAN AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU CANT

Good luck Jan

Sorry things are so rubbish for you at the moment- I hope you feel a bit better soon :luck:

And sorry to be a bit negative in my previous post- Mabel's situation was a bit different in that she had a really long season and was mated on the 46th day :eek: so there was probably something not right with the pregnancy anyway...

I can't remember if there were any heartbeats visible, but the scan man (he scans sheep for a living so is very accurate) was sure that she was pregnant.

I really hope things work out ok for you and your girl- I'm sure everything will be fine :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

poppyandava said:
no not excited more worryed about them i will hopfully get excited after next weeks scan spoke to vet again this mor he doesent think i need worry but ive been reading all about reabsorbtion and now i am really worryed i cant beleve the bad luck we have in this house i am bleeding again 7 weeks preg and my daughters farther died the day before christmas eve i feel desperatly over weight put on 2 stone and we live on a small holding and have holiday accomidation but i feel so sick all the time i cant tidy the house or do any work outside god its crap sorry just having a rant need to scream and get it all out if only i had the energy plus i am worryed when or if she has loads of pups how i am going to cope if i still feel like this beaing sick all the time :x   :x   :x

Hope 2008 improves for you ...and quick :luck:

Pauline

poppyandava said:
no not excited more worryed about them i will hopfully get excited after next weeks scan spoke to vet again this mor he doesent think i need worry but ive been reading all about reabsorbtion and now i am really worryed i cant beleve the bad luck we have in this house i am bleeding again 7 weeks preg and my daughters farther died the day before christmas eve i feel desperatly over weight put on 2 stone and we live on a small holding and have holiday accomidation but i feel so sick all the time i cant tidy the house or do any work outside god its crap sorry just having a rant need to scream and get it all out if only i had the energy plus i am worryed when or if she has loads of pups how i am going to cope if i still feel like this beaing sick all the time :x   :x   :x

oh you are having a rough time of it. ginger helps sickness also tonic water. the bleeding could be a low lieing placenta my freind bled through 7 pregnancys all ended fine good luck with every thing xxxx

sorry to here that you are low I am sure that every thing will come right in the end so chin up and you have all of us to cheeer you up dont lose hart :huggles:

pepa said:
sorry to here that you are low I am sure that every thing will come right in the end so chin up and you have all of us to cheeer you up dont lose hart :huggles:

:oops: wellcome to K9

hi all thanks for your kindness been feeding ava a diet of puppy food cheese (she loves cheese) ham,toast i was trying not to feed her to much but now i wll feed her as much as she likes she is a thin dog anyway so i dont think its a problem my bleeding has basicaly stoped and beaing sick is such a good sign its just crap when you have such a lot to do i dident feed the ducks yesturday ow and the bloody dogs ran off last night my other half walks them around our back field not me but last night i desided to go to you no get some fresh air he joged off and i slowly wobbled around the field any way on his second lap where are the dogs? no where to be seen they turned up eventually poppy the human jack russel felt very guilty and came to find us letting off

one single 'am sorry' bark behind us. they go after the rabbits any way me and ava have scans next week so i will let you no my daughter who is 10 is going to her farthers funeral on monday i am not going we had a very unhappy relationship you might say and shes going with his family and thats what she wants so thats fine

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back