The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

5 1/2 Month Greyhound Puppy

migirlsuk

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have offered to help rehome a greyhound bitch puppy 5 1/2 months old, brindle with white socks in need of a loving home, i know im a soft touch but when someone phones and ask`s for help to rehome a dog i have to at least try.

cassie001.jpg

Unfortuantly she is the result of a litter bred for flapping and her owner cant keep her as he only wanted one out of the litter and she is the only one left, the others have most likely been sold on for racing.

Im in the northwest Lancashire area.

Alyson 'n' Hounds

What a pretty little girl! :wub: :wub: I hope you find somewhere for her soon.

Shes just so pretty Alyson... :wub: :wub:

Put her on greyhoundscene & as there are members on there just looking to home greyhounds.

All the best in finding her a forever home :luck: :luck:

She is just adorable, beautiful markings :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sure she will find a forever home in no time - lets hope so :D

migirlsuk said:
I have offered to help rehome a greyhound bitch puppy 5 1/2 months old, brindle with white socks in need of a loving home, i know im a soft touch but when someone phones and ask`s for help to rehome a dog i have to at least try.
cassie001.jpg

Unfortuantly she is the result of a litter bred for flapping and her owner cant keep her as he only wanted one out of the litter and she is the only one left, the others have most likely been sold on for racing.

Im in the northwest Lancashire area.

Alyson 'n' Hounds

hi jus wondering if you found a home for her shes :wub:

One or two people have shown an interest in Cassie but nothing possative as yet.

Alyson 'n' Hounds

She's gorgeous! Hope she gets a lovely home very soon. :wub: :thumbsup: :luck:

Any update on the homing situation of this little un yet. :wub: Be very interested to know either way.

she is lovely -- I wonder why she was left when other pups were sold? other sites to try advertising on: Greyhound Gap, DoggySnaps, also any greyhound rescue group near you

Alba said:
she is lovely -- I wonder why she was left when other pups were sold? other sites to try advertising on: Greyhound Gap, DoggySnaps, also any greyhound rescue group near you
The mother of the pups was dumped at the track so the owners of the track took her in and provided her with a safe haven, it then turned out the bitch was in pup, 2 of the pups where then looked after by a young lad who works at the track, he`s now decided to keep one and rehome Cassie, but he only wants a good home for her.

Yes i`ve tried other websites, we are just waiting for the right home to come along.

Alyson 'n' Hounds

This little girl is still waiting for her forever home to come along :wub:

Alyson 'n' Hounds

2 sorts of tracks ,

1 is registered with the National Greyhound Racing Club , where all dogs have to be ear marked and have a passport . Most/all are with professional trainers and live in kennels

2 is `flapping `or independant , where the dogs can live as family pets and although they have to be graded to race ( unless an open race `) they dont have to be registed with the NGRC to run .

Years ago there was hundreds of flapping tracks , now we are down to just a few :( .

Good luck with homing Cassie :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX said:
Years ago there was hundreds of flapping tracks , now we are down to just a few  :( .
Thank gawd for that - should be down to NIL :rant:

She is such a little sweetie :wub: I hope she finds a forever home soon :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back