The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

5 1/2 Month Greyhound Puppy

Whippie said:
JAX said:
Years ago there was hundreds of flapping tracks , now we are down to just a few  :( .
Thank gawd for that - should be down to NIL :rant:

Why should there be nil ?

I liked to race my own dogs and they lived in the house as part of my family , as do my whippets now . I dont see why I should pay someone to train my dogs when I was / am more than capable of doing it myself .

I realise not all dogs have the most `perfect` home :( but Ive seen t he state of some NGRC `licenced` kennels and dogs too :(

The way things are going in a few years it will all be `virtual` anyhow :eek: I know of quite a few irish kennels who no longer breed as the `market ` has gone ( thank goodness )

whippetgood said:
Hi any news on a forever home for the little one?

At the moment Cassie is reserved, the new prospective owners are on holiday, will let you know if there`s any development.

Alyson 'n' Hounds.

hurray for Cassie. :cheers: she is gorgeous isnt she :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi there ,

Just wondering if Cassie did finally get her forever home????? only there is a k9er by the name of Santaslittlehelper looking for a pup they have just lost their dog :- "

Good Luck in finding a home for this pup. Lady P :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

rach125 said:
shes gorgeous! can i ask what is flapping?
This is my interpretation of the history; please consider this as a personal explanation and not the definitive explanation.

In Greyhound Racing there were two types of track – those licensed by subscribing to the ‘rules’ and those racing Greyhounds independently of the central body. These independent tracks were also known as Flapping tracks. Unlicensed owner/trainers would run their dogs at these independent tracks (in some cases with better facilities that the licensed tracks).

In Pauline Wilson’s book Whippets: Rearing & Racing (1979), she quotes ‘The disadvantage of not holding a licence was that a [whippet] club was forced to ‘flap’ about from field to field, not more than eight race meetings being allowed in one year on the same site. This is the original meaning of the term ‘flapping track’. Hence, to go flapping it to attend one of these tracks.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back