The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

5 months old fussy puppy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just one comment, my parents had a dog that every now and again would simply refuse to eat for a day, I'd guess it averaged about once a fortnight or so, during that day she would not take a treat or eat her meals. The other dogs were fed as normal. One of her 'jobs' was to bring in the papers and letters, she carried on doing it but wouldn't take the usual treat as a reward. The other days she ate normally and she lived a long fit life. We all just got used to it saying Shandy was having her diet day.

I once knew a vet who owned Whippets. She starved her dogs one day per week.

Oh she loves this food. She ate 2 trays today. Not sure how many she can have as its for adult dogs. Her appetite is growing now. So shall I give her 1 tray for each meal as I am sure she would eat it :)

She will be absolutely fine on adult food, so don't worry!

Just remember to not give her too much food and keep her hungry and waiting for the next meal.

Don't start the treats again! but do use suggested fresh veg as treats.

What brand of food are you managing to use, is it still the Butchers?

Yes still butchers says traditional on it. Looks like some peas and carrots in them.

Hello

I am back for more advices please. Pepper is 6 months old now. She was eating well on butchers but I cant find the same traditiinal range anywhere and pepper not touching anything else. Traditional was more veggie, less smelly like dog food. She hates the smell of dog food. She is like a vegetarian dog that not keen on meat. Is there a wet dog food that more veggie and less smelly like dog food? Also why buthers doesnt do traditional recipe anymore? All I find is choice recipe but pepper not touching that. Thanks.

Can you believe that. She didnt eat for 2 days and kept sleeping, didnt even want a cuddle with me like she always does. So I put some pasta in to her bowl mixed with dog food. She was eating the pasta and picking dog food and putting it out of the bowl on a side. What she is like. She's got her energy back now though.

Took her to vet to checked out. She is on raw meat now. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back