• 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ok folks this event is gaining momentum, we have been offord 2 suitable fields in the lower midlands area.

what we need to know now is would owners prefere the event to be run over 1 or 2 days

1 day would involve all the rounds being run in the same day, it would take around 6-7 hours to compleat the winner would have 6 runs on the day.

run over 2 days would consist of the 1st/2nd rounds being run on day 1 with the remainder on day 2.

this event will probably be in early July meaning weve got long daylight hours.

please take the time to vote and right any constructive comments.

1 day here too - can't promise to make it in July but we'll do our best to support it.

I am happy to hitch up my horse trailer and transport more dogs and their owners up the M5 from the glorious West Country!! (owners in the trailer, dogs in the car of course :- ;) )

I may be out of step but I would go for two days. Six rounds in one day is just going to turn into a "last man standing" event and is going to be equally hard on the people doing the work.

Gay

www.moonlake.co.uk

One day would be "convenient" but having run in 64 dog stakes I can see the merit in making it a two day event. I think Gay's comment on last man standing is entirely relevant. 2 days for me.

I may be out of step but I would go for two days. Six rounds in one day is just going to turn into a "last man standing" event and is going to be equally hard on the people doing the work.
Gay

www.moonlake.co.uk

Sorry I have to disagree .... My lot do much more than this on a daily basis and flat out ... Playing ball, tag, hunting etc .. I watched Raes Supe get stronger as the day went on just because he was so spot on and so fit .... If the owners don't think their dogs are fit enough to do all those runs in one day then they shouldn't enter them ... This event will prove whos fit and capable ... but this is just my opinion of course :)

1 day.With 2 fields availible,Could have 2 groups and run until semi final stages.Then a hour or 2 break for dogs to refresh before semi final/Final. Entries maybe better for a one day as not all have camping equipment facilities

one day for me, i like the idea of the fitter dog with the most stamina having an advantage. Isnt that how it would have worked in the pre ban days? Im not having a dig here just how my perception on how a working dog would have to keep up etc.

To win a 64 dog stake only requires a dog to win 1 more course than it would in a 32 dog stake IMO a fit healthy whippet is more than able to do this.

If owners were concerned regarding the distance for the earlier rounds the course could be shortened from 600 yards to 500 yards meaning the dog would run the same distance as the winning dog last week.

The winner of the Southwest event ran 5 x 600 yards to win which = 3000 yards.

To win the 64 dog stake The winner would run 6 x 500 yards to win which = 3000 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont really mind as long as myself and annsa get to run our dogs lol , midlands is good for us , lurcher stake would be fab!!!

Unfortunatly there would not be a lurcher stake at this 1 to run the event in 1 day would mean 92 courses so there would not be time for a lurcher stake unfortunatly. (and if this ones goes well then maybe a 128 dog stake run over 2 days but the days being a few weeks apart)

Rae you need to be there as Big Brother Strykes gets free entry to this event with being the winner of the meeting last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back