64 Dog Stake

would you prefere a 64 dog event run over 1 or 2 days

• 1 day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I day for me for all the reasons already quoted by others :D

Jane - I might take you up on that offer if it's miles away (w00t)

TCx

how about 64 main stake on the first day but plate/purse and lurchers on the second day

everyones a winner :D

one day for me i agree dogs should be fit enough to run 6 times in a day.

I would think a 1 day stake is best.

If it was "Live" coursing you could not control the lengths of the runs and I would expect they would be longer than 600 yards per slip.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of valid points have been made so far for both 1 and 2 days.

the main thing i'm looking at is that most of those who would prefere 2 days would run at a 1 day event BUT not all those that have said 1 day would be able to do a 2 day event due to not being able to camp ect.

it looks like this event would need to be a 1 day event for that reason but were still looking at differant options.

It looks like a 1 day event because those genuinely intrested have contacted us by PM with the numbers of dogs they intend to run.

So Lets Bring It On

hols-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
*nice* photo Jeff 8)

Have you set a date yet so that we can all start to make arrangements?

*nice* photo Jeff 8)
Have you set a date yet so that we can all start to make arrangements?

Good god don't encourage him lol .... I nearly choked on my toast seeing that this morning :lol: ...but yes a date would be good :p

You're so naughty :eek: but a date would be lovely 8)

TCx

a date would be lovely 8)
TCx
TC as nice as that offer is you do realise Jeffs a married man :b

The date we are working on is towards the end of June/early July the reason being that we want long daylight hours.

Jeffs working on the venue.

a date would be lovely 8)
TCx
TC as nice as that offer is you do realise Jeffs a married man :b

The date we are working on is towards the end of June/early July the reason being that we want long daylight hours.

Jeffs working on the venue.
PMSL, that was innocent...honest!

Can't wait to find out where and when. I'd hope we'd have four to run, all being well with everyone.

TCx

I will defininately bring Irie again and maybe one other (if I can get them chasing the lure :lol: )

Jane

(offer of transport still stands, TC :D )

I will defininately bring Irie again and maybe one other (if I can get them chasing the lure :lol: )Jane

(offer of transport still stands, TC :D )
Fab! We might be hoarse by the time we get there though :sweating: Probably not a bad thing for everyone else (w00t) :blink: :-

TCx

See I knew you'd be pleased Although I will say that I reckon Jeff talked more than me and Jane put together
ummm you want to try a 10 hour round trip to Sommerset with him? -_-

Hi, my name is John and I'm from Ireland. Just seen ur message about a 64 dog race in July. Was wondering where are you holding the race? Are the dogs let go out of traps or hand slip? Is there big and small dog racing? I have a 16 month old dog who has won 3 big competitions, his last one was a 64 dog race run over 2 days with 3 races a day here in Ireland in march a few weeks ago. He's for the big dog racing and he's 27 inches high, his weight is 61 pound. The dogs name is Scooby. Im interested in the race and I would have more lads interested in it aswell.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back