The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

75/15/10 complete help

Riggs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi. I’ve been having a few issues with allergies, which are to do with food. I’ve been doing a food elimination diet and he looks to be settled on Rabbit.
The problem is that because of the higher bone content he’s slightly constipated when he goes and it’s crumbly. Is there something I could add to it that can soften his poop slightly? Ive diluted it a bit with tripe, but I would like to keep him 100% just on the rabbit. Thanks in advance.

Are you giving a complete bone-in mince, or whole rabbits? You might be able to source muscle-only rabbit meat to add to his food. Or if feeding 'whole' rabbit, could you debone some of it?

Or maybe you could add some rabbit liver if it agrees with your dog? Liver can loosen things up - rather too dramatically if you're not careful :D

Hi Judy. He’s on a complete 75/15/10 mix. He had no problems with a lamb 80/10/10 mix going to the toilet wise, just a reaction to it.

In that case I think I'd try to find some boneless rabbit and/or rabbit offal to replace some of his mince. Rabbit is also less fatty than lamb, which might be another reason he's a bit constipated.

I suggest a SMALL amount of extra fat on those days you don't use liver. Butter, olive oil, beef, lamb or pork fat. Small because it really can liven "things" up

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back