The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Few Mooches

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went out for a few days last week,

went out shooting and had a phessie and a squirrel the phessie is in the oven now with veg and redwine in a cassarole dish,

went out with rew next day walking through the fields letting the storm and bramble do the work storm flushed a rabbit turned it once but it just managed to escape through the fence ( the bunnies always sit close to the fence line ) rew took his new jill and a cracking jill im sure she will be, entered her into a warren only had 2 holes but we were getting recordings of 5ft she was down for a long time and when 2 bunnies bolted both dogs took persute storm ran in full speed went for a strike and did a flip and knocked the rabbit over aswell, some how this one escaped.

another night went out with witton looked on first field and spotted a bunny so we moved to intercept it as we did about 50 cows came stampeding towards us we jump over a small fenced of section of the fields, its only a small square that is fenced to protect some trees we were immediately surrounded by young bulls cows and one big feker, they just would no **** off and started getting abit worked up and started clashing heads and fighting as the young ens were challenging the bigger bull. we snapped of a few branches and to keep some of them occupied as we climed over and slowly made our escape with out getting noticed,

we moved around the top of the field and noticed some other targets but once again as a run looked likely cows again running jumping and kicking around at this point we decided to leave the field all together and we made our way to the last field where storm had a slip on a bunny he worked it very well from the fence line doing a good job keeping it away but it got through another section of fence that was sticking out, but i wasnt to bothered as i was very impressed with his tuning and his ability to keep it away from the cover, and witton also said he was impressed and didnt expect him to turn as good as he did do.

one another night me rew and his dad went out for a quick look on the lamp and had a couple runs bramble being unlucky not to pick her rabbit up as she tumbled over multiple times, then spotted a squatter so i took storm up closer and closer i then slipped him and he snatched it up from the squat before it barely had a chance to move and he also made a retrieve live to hand which i was impressed with.

heres a few pics and a small video clip

100.jpg

99.jpg

91.jpg

93.jpg

:thumbsup: That stew looks yummy!! Great pictures - as usual :thumbsup:

Some great photos there. Are you supposed to hang a pheasant for a few days before cooking though?

Love that Merle :thumbsup:

you dont have to if you dont want to, all depends on how gamey you like it, iv hung it since saturday.

in victorian ages they used to hang it till the backs turned green :x

w.h

world.hunters said:
you dont have to if you dont want to, all depends on how gamey you like it, iv hung it since saturday.
in victorian ages they used to hang it till the backs turned green  :x Yah and till the maggot's were dropping of it.About 2 week's in december does just about right.(If the weather's realy cold that is.)Can almost taste that casserole from here mate.

w.h

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back