The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Good Walk

sparky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
a pre ban hare. :- " archie pictured with his first hare pulled down in fine style after a gruelling course on some local pasture.

Well done Archie :thumbsup: ......What a good looking dog you are .........Glad this was befor the ban ;)

Strike Whippets said:
Well done Archie  :thumbsup: ......What a good looking dog you are .........Glad this was befor the ban  ;)
Well done Sparky ,old mate, another one of tottys pup doing the job they were bred for (must be the Lynperry blood ,with a little help from you Sparky Ha! Ha!)

Nice one Sparky, glad to see people haven`t forgotten what whippets are really bred for :thumbsup:

nice looking dog what breeding is he? good hare I agree glad to see whippets doing what their bred for :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well done archie :cheers:

Hes a stunner :wub:

I'm glad it was pre-ban - as shows little respect for hares if they are coursed in the spring - although I am aware accidents can happen

~JO~ said:
I'm glad it was pre-ban - as shows little respect for hares if they are coursed in the spring - although I am aware accidents can happen
Accidents do happen, as I know only too well, some during the season are welcome :D :oops: , but others during the spring and summer are positively unwelcome , no-one likes their dogs killing leverets , well not true dog men anyway , I remember (pre-ban of course) :D , a large hare getting up in front of my dogs whilst I was out walking them on a really hot day, they coursed it and came back almost half dead from the heat and a gruelling course :( They were ok after a good dose of electrolytes , but it could have been nasty

hi, it was certainly no leveret and the hare in the picture was taken well within the given season for coursing hares and allowed a good 50yd head start. heres a picture of my other dog and that small hare, -_-

I agree Nigelmfc, there is nothing more appalling than going out to purposely take hares when there is a strong likelihood of them having leverets.

Respect for your quarry is what divides the real hunters and idiots :rant:

Sparky - glad to hear it!!! :thumbsup:

good looking dog! :thumbsup: hope they keep the good work up :cheers:

sparky said:
hi, it was certainly no leveret and the hare in the picture was taken well within the given season for coursing hares and allowed a good 50yd head start.  heres a picture of my other dog and that small hare,  -_-
Looks like a good hare to me Sparky, keep up the good work mate :cheers:

nigelmcfc said:
sparky said:
hi, it was certainly no leveret and the hare in the picture was taken well within the given season for coursing hares and allowed a good 50yd head start.  heres a picture of my other dog and that small hare,  -_-
Looks like a good hare to me Sparky, keep up the good work mate :cheers:

Look good to me :cheers:

Well i think it's great that he caught a Hare,must have been fantastic to see,anyone will know that you cannot call a whippet off anything once it's after it.

I love to watch them hunting,if any dog catches a Hare,then it's a hell of a dog.

Well done you :cheers:

Nice shaped dog there Sparky,

my two have had a run as young dogs, a mistake may I add, but now if Big Ears pops up, I,m sure there give it a good run.

Nice looking dog mate, well done to both of you, love black whippies.

Mike.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back