The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Mooch And A Lamp

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
went up to the fields for a look on the lamp around 3am bright night and no wind at all, 1st field look promising untill the horses f***ed it up following me everywhere i went, i moved onto the next field and goats were in the exact spot i wished to lamp and i dont think tht the rabbits would of been squatting with 50 goats over them. i walked down the other end of the field and spotted a squatter as i got close it started to become nevous i got abit close and storm was slipped twisting and turning it then headed to the fence where he managed to turn it off and then made a cracking pick up. which he must of killed the rabbit as he snapped it up. so 1 run 1 catch, moved over to next area, nothink that was runnable for young storm, but on the next field i had a quick look and there must of been 15 rabbits all far out but after i clambered over the fence they had all gone... except 1 i walked closer and closer storm locked on. from around 20ft away i slipped him he moved in and snatched from the squat as he did it threw itself 3-4 ft up in the air then decided to try and out run storm, he soon snatched it up on the run like a pro, it squeeled and i turned the lamp of to wait for him but a second later i see him running this still very lively bunny managed to come loose and made it through a fence only a couple foot away. a good lesson for storm.

also went out morning before for a mooch with ferrets but not single bolt all day storm was well behaved with ferrets and very relaxed, I decided to walk across a horse field to see if there was any rabbits out i spotted a bunny jump for cover into a bush around 20ft away from the hedgerow, i gave the command stay to storm and as he waited on the other side of the bush i went around the back and flushed it from its hinding, he turned it once but it just managed to make an escape through the hedge, storm returned emiditally to me and we went on, not seeing another rabbit on there i went over to the to the field next to it and allowed storm to do his work we flushed another 2 bunnies but storm wasnt well positioned for them and the got away... another good lesson for storm.

heres some photos and a couple

89.jpg

90.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

W.H

Great pic And what great markings on your dog :huggles:

well done mate storms doing very well.keep it up.

good hunting

rew

I think its brill when they rabit!

We went to chatsworth and brought a rabbit (dead) off a stall and first time i had ever had it for dinner and it was so tastey. Coz my dad rabbited with his jack russell when he was a lad with his grandpa. and i wish we could do it with pepa and phobe but im not sure where to go.

But anyways well done!! :huggles: :wub:

Beautiful lurcher :wub: :thumbsup: :huggles:

good to see you enjoyed the rabbit jaydiiee how did you cook it. pepa and phobe they will certainly do rabbits ,most rural places and country parks will hold a few rabbits ,we tend to drift of the public paths and look for signs the rabbits leave behind ,diggins ,dropping ,runs then we'll find were they are living.then after a few early morning and evening walks you'll start to find them sitting out.hope this helps.lovely dogs by the way.me and W.H wee out again last night but the weather conditions wernt right maybe this weekend will be a little better.

good hunting

rew

rew said:
good to see you enjoyed the rabbit jaydiiee how did you cook it. pepa and phobe they will certainly do rabbits ,most rural places and country parks will hold a few rabbits ,we tend to drift of the public paths and look for signs the rabbits leave behind ,diggins ,dropping ,runs then we'll find were they are living.then after a few early morning and evening walks you'll start to find them sitting out.hope this helps.lovely dogs by the way.me and W.H wee out again last night but the weather conditions wernt right maybe this weekend will be a little better.
good hunting

rew

We boiled it and put it into a stew and the dogs had nearly half of it and they loved it.

I will tell my dad about that :)

Good Luck for the weekendd

Jade x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back