The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A question for the chaps down south.

Scott Frodsham

Cunning Linguist
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What do you guys feed your coursing dogs ?

And does this alter, say before a big meeting ?

Cheers, :D

Scott.

Scott they won't give you that kind of info as you would then be able to go down and beat them :oops: :thumbsup:

I'm curious and I'm sure that they'll be more than willing to assist.

Scott.

Scott

Dry complete for brekkie ( James Wellbeloved ) or toast and tea .

Raw meat for evening meal , tripe , beef , lamb , chicken etc . Also now and again raw liver , heart or kidneys . Mixed with these raw veg , mixer biscuit , pasta or rice . Sometimes add sardines or pilchards and raw chicken wings or necks for desert . They also have any left overs from us .

Not sure if it makes them work better but our older dog has completely changed for the better since we put him on it and the pup has been on it all the time . Keep it the same all year round .

Hope this helps . See you again at the inter-club if your going .

The even more impressed by those hares .

Essex Man

:lol: OOPS sorry I lied , I give them cream cakes the day before the coursing , honest .

Hey Ho

The ever more sounding like Mr Lampy ( my father figure )

Essex Man

Now I notice from your last post Essex that I now appear to be a father figure. Now that suggests role model maybe or some high standard to achieve. This is not of course the first time I have experienced this mild form of hero worship. What I would say to you though Essex is that there is not sufficient time in a normal life span for you to even approach a standard of excellence. Can I suggest that you set your sites a little lower to the Mark Roberts or CCS level which will be far more achievable. The candy floss king from Blackpool,Scott, is still on his pedastel(for now) and is probably best left there. If though, you want to see some very quick progress on your journey, look no further than the Bunnyman from Cheshire. Whats his name now, Greenspan, no, Greenpeace, no, Green something anyway. He could be your first target!!

Forever the smiling character assassin

Lamping man :D

Lampy i'm sure Essex man would never want to lower his standards to get into my world! let alone low enough to reach some of the others :- "

Now now Lampy, I know you're a bitter and twisted old man but please don't hijack the post! :)

Instead why don't you show us how clever you are and impart some of your vast knowledge on diets and training techniques ?

Regards, :D

Scott.

Reading Lampy last post I think it's definatly 1 - 0 to him,

What do you say Candy Floss King :lol:

I think he's just waffled on in a patronising manner to Essex man with the odd dig at us!

There again old people do tend to go on a bit.

:D

But I bet he's got some good memories, wel have to get him a blanket for his legs and he might tell us some one day about the good dog he used to have :- "

Not much to say on feeding at the moment as Saucey Madam would win a gold medal at the I Don't Want To Eat Anything Games. I will therefore stick to my thoughts on training and relate how we go about it in a average week. So here goes:

Saturday. Coursing(in the season)

Sunday 4 mile walk on the beach area off lead to loosen up after yesterday as she probably ran 3 times in her 8 dog stake.

Monday. 4miles again in the morning. I n the afternoon 3x200m sprints in a straight line.

Tuesday. 4 miles walking or 4 miles trotting beside the bike in th morning. In the afternoon 30 minutes general walking/running /hunting in the dunes

Wednesday. As for yesterday pm in the morning. Afternoon a course on a hare or more than one depending upon what she finds coming back. I do this to keep her focused(although they are anyway) and should she pick up a graze or a knock she has some chance of getting over it by Saturday.

Thursday. 30 mins in morning and same in afternoon.

Friday. 3x200m sprints in the morning with 30 mins beach area walk in pm.

Saturday. Coursing.

Well thats more or less what I do. How about you boys(girls)??

The ever willing to learn

Lamping man.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back