The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Aberdeen Dog Show

julie_s

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone was going to the show?

If so can you tell me what time everything begins?

We'd like to go along and watch and this might be a daft question :wacko: but do you think it would be ok to take our whippet along with us if we are just spectators?

thanks,

Julie

Hi there! I'll be at the show tomorrow. :thumbsup:

First thing is that sorry you can't take your dog along. The show is run under the Kennel Club rules and only dogs that are entered for the show are allowed into the exhibition hall. Judging starts at 9.30 I think but whippets won't be in the ring until after 10.30-11am because another breed is judged in the ring first.

Having said that, the folk on the door rarely check to make sure each dog is entered but if they do, it would be very awkward and you'd have to put your dog in the car... and at dog shows you're always advised to never leave a dog in a car.

But do come along. I've entered The Supermodel, ('Therpan Tickle of Zilloot' in the catalogue) but I won't be showing her tomorrow :( . However, I have entered my two Italian Greyhounds, Zoomie and Lottie so we'll be hanging around the 'Toy' ring but also going to speak to friends at the whippet ring. There are usually a lot of whippets entered so it should be really interesting for you... and there are some trade-stands too for buying leads, treats, beds etc...

If you see an Italian greyhound do come and say hello and say you're from K9! :thumbsup:

hi there i'll be going along too i'll be there with keano speymalt heir of buckpool and his dad sonny pipijay el nino at speymalt. Come along and have a chat. Like Fiona said there will be a good entry of whippets. I thought there may be a change in the law regarding spectators taking their dogs to shows even though they are not enter. But i could be speaking a lot of rubish :oops: Where did you get your whippet from?

I am entered but not planning to go, good luck to all who are there, have a good day. Decided to opt for Northern Counties on Sunday instead as I have recently sold a pup to that area and arranged to meet him and his new owners there.

Ah that's great thanks for the timings we'd be upset if we missed the whippets! So here's hoping we can get the baby organised and out of the house in time :blink: . We look forward to meeting some fellow K9'rs! My daughter and I will be especially excited to meet the (in)famous Zoomie :D . It's a shame we can't take Ruby but we'll buy her something glam from a stand and she'll be happy.

We got Ruby from a fellow K9 friend and she came from East Kilbride, she's mostly bred from racing/coursing dogs I think but I'm no expert.

Here are her puppy photos! Ruby is the wee red fawn one with the diamond on her bum and here she is now, sleeping as usual...

rubyonchair.jpg

Whippets seem to be few and far between up this end of Scotland so it'll be great to see some tomorrow. I'll certainly come and say hi I'll be the one with the baby and the blondie!

Julie

i'll be the one looking a bit stressed lol there should be a few people there that attend some of the whippet racing clubs. I think the whippets should be on between 1030 and 1100. Should be a few stalls so you may pick up a prezzie or two for your whippet.

julie_s said:
Ah that's great thanks for the timings we'd be upset if we missed the whippets! So here's hoping we can get the baby organised and out of the house in time  :blink: . We look forward to meeting some fellow K9'rs! My daughter and I will be especially excited to meet the (in)famous Zoomie  :D . It's a shame we can't take Ruby but we'll buy her something glam from a stand and she'll be happy.
We got Ruby from a fellow K9 friend and she came from East Kilbride, she's mostly bred from racing/coursing dogs I think but I'm no expert.

Here are her puppy photos! Ruby is the wee red fawn one with the diamond on her bum and here she is now, sleeping as usual...

View attachment 39920

Whippets seem to be few and far between up this end of Scotland so it'll be great to see some tomorrow. I'll certainly come and say hi I'll be the one with the baby and the blondie!

Julie

She's a beautiful girl. :wub:

Zoomie will be wearing his bright tartan jumper if it's chilly and he'll look out for you! He might be snoozing in his cage with Lottie at the toy ring but we'll try to get to the whippets for their judging. We'll look out for you :thumbsup:

Pity we'll miss you Liz - was hoping to meet your new puppy. Lots of luck for a good day out on Sunday :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish i was a bit nearer, i would love to come & watch :D good luck to everyone entered :luck:

Esthermax said:
Wish i was a bit nearer, i would love to come & watch  :D good luck to everyone entered  :luck:

kenny and i will be there with summer (speymalt summer harvest) and sonny(runaway rebel).we will be going for about ten thirty.hope to see you there. :cheers:

Hi Liz i dont have them at hand but will PM the results to you once i find them.

Results

Judge Sue Hawkins (Whinberry)

Whippet Junior 3 (2)

Ist Mrs A Smith Minginish Marsh Orchid

2nd Mr & Mrs A.W & W.H Clark Kirghiz Scarlet Sunrise

Whippet Novice 6 (3)

1st Mr & Mrs J Cowie Pererone Pride Of Place

2nd Mr K Leslie Runaway Rebel

3rd Mrs H Stuart Michlea Pipit

Whippet Post Grad 6 (4)

1st Ms M & Mr G Hendrie and McColl Stronglane Queen of Heats

2nd Miss Pauline Simpson Speymalt Summer Harvest

3rd Mrs H Stuart Stronglane Star of Scotland

4th Miss E Stewart Little Jock

Whippet Limit 6 (4)

1st Ms M & Mr G Hendrie and McColl Stronglane Sarah Moon

2nd Mrs S.M Leiper Misstress Millicent at Farmacy

3rd Mrs H Stuart Sunstorm Northern Light

4th Mrs Emma Warnes Shimmeree I'm Gracie at Copperfire

Whippet Open 8 (5)

1st Mr J Wilson & Miss N Wilson Speymalt Heir of Buckpool

2nd Mr & Mrs A.W & W.H Clark Shimmeree Magic Mac

3rd Ms M & Mr G Hendrie & McColl Stronglane Fairy Footsteps

4th Mrs Emma Warnes Shimmeree Christmas Eve at Copperfire

Think ive got them all right

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back