The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Action Shots. What A Difference

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I purchased a new Canon 18/200 IS lens,a month or so ago,and to be honest.It was quite a wee gem,at capturing the action of the racing dog's.Was also quite a good portrait,and landscape lens too.Then i got a call,to see if i would be interested in a Canon F4 L lens.But i hadnt a penny.So had to turn it down,(sort of).Next i was asked if id fancy doing a deal,for this,and my 18/200 lens.I said i had no cash,to go along with my 18/200.But wished all the wishes in the world,that i had.Next question that came.Came as a bit of a surprise.When i was asked if id do a clean swap.Would i what.Ive always envied those who were shooting with L lens's.Which are the best glass you can get,in the Canon range.My only responce,was.How long will it take you getting here.Within the hour,i was the very proud owner,of what id always wanted.But could never afford.This lad plays in a dance band,and makes a few quid,taking photo's n stuff,around the bar.He needed a good all round lens,for close up stuff,as much as i needed a good sports lens.So the deal was done,and this is the results,of my 1st time to use it.You may get sick of these.But im over da moon with what this thing has produced.If i can learn how to use the thing ,now.Dey can only get better.

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1777-1.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

SMILE RENI.

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Thought this was class.The way Bonnie was turning,as she tried to get back on terms with wee Shadow.

IMG_1834-1.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Didnt take her long though

IMG_1845-1.jpg

This one shows exactly where Bonnie gets her power from.Neve seen a black dogs muscles stand out so much before,as black dogs are known as a photographers nightmare,most times.Just a pity i missed her rear end.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1846-1.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

OK.Last one. (for a while,lol.)

IMG_1958.jpg

But before i go.This is summit else ive been playing around with.And no,im not going soft in the head.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1939-1.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Once again I have to applorde you Billy they are Fantastic ( even if you go tecno on me)love the smiley one and the hoky koky one lol.and I like seeing how the musiles ping out at you sorry waffling away here.

and you not going soft in the head love the still life ones too.

Brilliant action shots Billy, very envious of you getting this lens, may I ask which Canon body you use ????

good choice on a lens Billy... i have had mine a year now and cant fault it. autofocus and sharpness is second to none on the L series. am looking forward to seeing more of your pics.

kev

Brilliant action shots Billy, very envious of you getting this lens, may I ask which Canon body you use ????
Had tp work my way up,on camera body's.So always put by,what i got for any A4 prints that folk wanted.Started out,with a wee olympus 400,and then went to canon,and just worked my way,up,by just upgrading,each time i had enough in the kitty from a 400 D,and then a 450D.To the one i have now.A 40D.As i needed the 6n1/2 frames per second.Dont think i'go any further now,as im very happy where im at.Thanks for the comments folks,and might i add,that i thrive on good feedback,and want to get out there more.

Last edited by a moderator:
These photographs Billy are definately the centre of excellence. So refreshing, brilliant takes.

:thumbsup: You can't beat quality glass Billy. Although it's not cheap i think you'll agree the difference in photo quality is staggering between normal and professional quality glass.

The photo's you've posted are very nice indeed, i will be keeping my eye's open for more of you photo's from now on.... You will be out every minute now trying to get the shot of you life

atb

Mally

Wow! Awesome quality. I want one!!!!

Vicky

x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back