The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice For Newbie Regarding Lure Coursing

lurchersand1cat

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am hoping to purchase and take part in lure coursing with my lurcher and Ibizan. Are there any clubs in the Hexham area or Co. Durham area?

If I buy a lure what do I need to know about and watch out for?

The lurcher is 18month but the Ibizan is only 6month....what age would you start introducing a lure?

Lots of questions! Previously I entered races at lurcher shows or on flapping tracks and lamped my three lurchers but they are all gone now so I am out of practise. I have two fields to use.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Caroline

I am hoping to purchase and take part in lure coursing with my lurcher and Ibizan. Are there any clubs in the Hexham area or Co. Durham area?

The lurcher is 18month but the Ibizan is only 6month....what age would you start introducing a lure?

Lots of questions! Previously I entered races at lurcher shows or on flapping tracks and lamped my three lurchers but they are all gone now so I am out of practise. I have two fields to use.

Thanks

Caroline
Hi , i take my lurcher to westerhope whippet club on a sat morning 1030 at the chute they are very helpfull and would show u the ropes , the lurchur is ready but the Ibizans got alot of growing to do, make a rag out of bin bags nd let the dog play around with it take the pup along to get used to the noises ect they dont need much encouragement , its not that far for u to travel either

Thanks

Caroline
Hi , i take my lurcher to westerhope whippet club on a sat morning 1030 at the chute they are very helpfull and would show u the ropes , the lurchur is ready but the Ibizans got alot of growing to do, make a rag out of bin bags nd let the dog play around with it take the pup along to get used to the noises ect they dont need much encouragement , its not that far for u to travel either

Thanks

Caroline

Ah thanks I had forgotten about Westerhope I have been there before. Yes the pup has way more to grow but will definitely get him used to the bags. Great I will have to drag the lurcher over, any ideas who I need to contact? Thank you.

No just turn up , they run the heats and do run ups inbetween ect , if the ground is frozen dont make the journey as it will be cancelled , u can contact carol (sherry) on here in the non ped clubs (Rising sun) hope this helps Alan

No just turn up , they run the heats and do run ups inbetween ect , if the ground is frozen dont make the journey as it will be cancelled , u can contact carol (sherry) on here in the non ped clubs (Rising sun) hope this helps Alan
Fantastic thanks Alan...Lurcher scrubbed his knuckles so I will have to wait for that to heal first..you are a star.

Fantastic thanks Alan...Lurcher scrubbed his knuckles so I will have to wait for that to heal first..you are a star.

Nobother Caroline i know how hard it is to find a club to run your lurcher

hi there its sherry sorry but i havent been to westerhope 4 a while due to having 2 pups so im sorry i dont know when it is on or off. i can give u terry blacks e mail address she is the one u need to contact 4 westerhopes details. i run the rising sun club which is in wallsend held on sunday mornings 11am start u wud also b made welcome here.

terry8jane@blueyonder.co.uk is terry who runs westerhopes club she will tell u all u need 2 know about w/hope

any questions about the rising sun @ wallsend then dont hesitate to contact me via here :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back