The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice on lure coursing

gtc1970

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello

Any body know of any lure cousing in south east England, that we could take our whippet to for a look see, and perhaps run him next year, we went to an event on 14th March in Reading and being diplomatic here werent made to feel that welcome in our opinion ! We got our dog from Lynperry kennels, and he is fantastic.

gary

View attachment 2044

Sussex Longdogs do lurcher racing - different distances and they also do lure coursing. I've never been there but have been told that they are very friendly by people who have just started running their dog there. The people that I know who go there live in London and they really enjoy it.

They have a website that says where they meet, details of future meetings etc

Sussex Longdogs

Lovely whippet btw. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GTC. Sorry that I cannot point you in any useful direction for lure coursing but would just like to say how good your dog looks. Is he by any chance out of Chilka Juliette by Cheydanhar Appache Chief? If so, he is a brother to my Lynperry Plain of Boston and she is a lovely bitch also. Best wishes

The ever curious

Lampingman

I run lure coursing meetings but they are in Lancashire? probably a bit far for you but your more than welcome next season if you do fancy a ride loads of good B&B's local.

why not give your dog a go at racing? there are several clubs down your way if you want details let me know you location and i'll give you the numbers.

Hey GTC 1970. Are you going to reply or are we all wasting our time??

LM

Hey Lamping man

Your keen !

His sire is Kenmillion siver tongue of Lynperry, not sure of the dam though , still all new to this dog family tree business!

Gary

Hi Gary. Thanks for that. Not related to minedespite the similarities. I know the Kenmillone dog. Strong and courses well and its better looking than Corky ;) .

I guess that you are a long way from Newmarket in Suffolk that is where the East Anglia whippet racing club operates from on alternate sundays throughout the year. You would be made most welcome if you wanted to try your dog/s on a straight track. Best of luck in your searching and let us know how you get on.

Lampingman (w00t) .

Was it the meeting at Mortimer that you attended? If so, I am sorry if you did not feel welcome. Perhaps you arrived after the salukis had been stolen, this tragic event cast a gloom on the day, also it was such awful weather, all of which was causing a great deal of stress to the organisers, it is probable that no one was feeling as sociable as usual. I am sure that if you tried another BSFA meeting you would find folk very friendly, and hopefully it will be a more successful day. I have been going to their meetings for several years and can assure you that 14 March was not typical.

Hello gtc1970 here is a pic of your new pups brother Tod, he is destined for a working life in the North of SAcotland and so far is brillliant :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back