The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice On Puppy Stools

PeterParker

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, Parker is now 15 weeks old and growing fast! He's now out and about in the big wide world and loving it. I have a question though regarding his poo (sorry for the subject, hope you're not reading while eating your tea :ermm: ).

He generally poo's about 4 times a day and is pretty consistent with his timings. He goes out in the garden at 6.30am and this poo is nice and solid. He goes for a walk in the park at 7.30am and usually does another one then. This will be looser, still formed but soft. It seems to be that as the day goes on his stools get softer. Is this normal? He's been on the same food since I got him and it's the food that his breeder gave him too. He's on James Wellbeloved puppy. Is there anything I could try adding to his food to maybe firm him up a bit? I read somewhere about adding in some fibre, pumpkin was recommended. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks peeps, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

it's a long time since I had a pup, but IIRC whilst you're presumably feeding him 4 times a day you can expect 4 stools a day too

I'm guessing the reason for firmer morning stools is a lack of fluid intake whilst he is sleeping

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back