The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It depends. If it’s just a little snack, I’d do it on top of normal meals. What time is his last meal?

8pm normally. He starts to feel sick about 3am ish

In that case, I’d feed it as a snack about 10.00 pm - but that’s just my random thoughts, do please check with your vet.

Try using a different food I don’t use AVA With my dogs it does have a ok rating on all about dog food directory,,I always use grain free,,from a good dog food company IE AATU,,Acana,,Akela,,Origen etc.://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory
Thanks - will take a look. Spoke to the vet again who advised Royal Canin puppy food but their score is horrendous so not sure about that!!

Vets get very little training in nutrition, and often it is supplied by the companies whose products they sell (it has a good mark up for them).

From our Weimaraner,Doberman,German shepherd,Whippet and Borzoi all had free Royal canin puppy packs from the breeders and money off when you buy more Royal canin food.which I think is sponsored by the Kennel club U.K…that’s why most breeders use it.Our vet tries to sell Hills science plans and that has a bad rating…I always go for anything above a 85% rating,,and always grain free.dry food,the boys get one wet food every other day mixed in with their dry food,and for a treat a piece of chicken every other day..done the same thing since having the German Shepard (R.I.P Gunnar).but it’s your choice .

From our Weimaraner,Doberman,German shepherd,Whippet and Borzoi all had free Royal canin puppy packs from the breeders and money off when you buy more Royal canin food.which I think is sponsored by the Kennel club U.K…that’s why most breeders use it.Our vet tries to sell Hills science plans and that has a bad rating…I always go for anything above a 85% rating,,and always grain free.dry food,the boys get one wet food every other day mixed in with their dry food,and for a treat a piece of chicken every other day..done the same thing since having the German Shepard (R.I.P Gunnar).but it’s your choice .
it is a minefield!! especially for a new dog mum like me! Just want the best for him - something that is going to suit his digestion system and not make things worse!

it is a minefield!! especially for a new dog mum like me! Just want the best for him - something that is going to suit his digestion system and not make things worse!
I understand what you mean,,obviously try and get what suits his tummy,but not the really cheap stuff ie supermarket own brand.and what ever suits your pocket.feel sorry for the little guy,hope he improves soon.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back