The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ageing dog with sore limbs & joints

Whooley

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello dog lovers. I was hoping some of you out there could offer me some advice on minding my ageing dog.
She is about 15 years old now and a dalmatian/sheepdog mix. Lately her bones and joints are losing power and she struggles to do even the most simple of movements she could once achieve with ease.
Despite all this, when she is in a comfortable position she is still the happy dog she always was. It is my main wish and mission to keep things as comfortable as is possible for her in her last few months.
I've noticed she seems to prefer eating her meals sitting down (fully) instead of standing up etc. So i was wondering, are there people out there with dogs in the same position? and if so, any suggestions on things I could make/modify/manipulate to make her life a little bit easier? Anything at all would be helpful as her current set up is more suited to a young dog.
She's been my best friend my whole life.
Thank you :)

Your vet will have the most amazing drugs to help keep her comfortable for the rest of her days.

You might like to raise her feeding bowl up to see if that is comfortable for her now. It is hard for old dogs to stretch down. Or she may like to lie down.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back