The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Agility Show

alfie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well, at the grand old age of 10, my lovely Alfie is entered at his first agility show tomorrow :blink:

We have done agility for fun for years, but it wasn't until I went to an agility show with a friend whose daughter competes with Alice's sister Flora (IG) that I realised how poor the standard of some competitors is - some are even worse than us!! :oops: So I thought we would have a go!

Now I am really nervous- we're only in a 'clear round jumping' class, so it's not competitive, but I just know I am going to forget the course and make a t*t of myself, while Alfie just stands there rolling his eyes at me o:) :- "

Give me a champ show any day- I don't get nervous for them! :blink:

Liz and the Monellis

:luck: Best of luck Liz and Alfie :luck: - you know Alfie would do anything for you and will probably be brilliant - report back ASAP tomorrow night!! :thumbsup:

PS Can't help with the nerves as I'm the world's worst - I need Kalms and rescue remedy just to get into a show ring! :b

Last edited by a moderator:
alfie said:
Well, at the grand old age of 10, my lovely Alfie is entered at his first agility show tomorrow :blink:
We have done agility for fun for years, but it wasn't until I went to an agility show with a friend whose daughter competes with Alice's sister Flora (IG) that I realised how poor the standard of some competitors is - some are even worse than us!! :oops: So I thought we would have a go!

Now I am really nervous- we're only in a 'clear round jumping' class, so it's not competitive, but I just know I am going to forget the course and make a t*t of myself, while Alfie just stands there rolling his eyes at me o:)   :- "

Give me a champ show any day- I don't get nervous for them! :blink:

Liz and the Monellis

Enjoy yourselves and good luck.

:cheers:

keith

wow!! good luck :luck: make sure someone is taking pics, we all want to see you two's moment of glory :thumbsup:

Better wish poor old Devon luck too, he's going back in the show ring at the grand old age of 10 and 3/4's (w00t) partly thanks to your encouragement :- "

Will be the first time since Crufts 99 :lol: :lol:

doris said:
wow!! good luck :luck: make sure someone is taking pics, we all want to see you two's moment of glory :thumbsup:
Better wish poor old Devon luck too, he's going back in the show ring at the grand old age of 10 and 3/4's (w00t) partly thanks to your encouragement :- "

Will be the first time since Crufts 99 :lol:   :lol:

Good, I'm glad you're showing him- he still looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Where are you showing him?- Don't tell me- is it at East Anglian Whippet? If so, I've entered Alfie as well!! :blink: :cheers:

That will be fun, as Alfie hasn't been to a show for years either :thumbsup: And he will be pleased to see his mate Devon again- remember he fell in love with Devon at the show at Haddenham? :wub:

Liz and the Monellis

Yes it is!! and yes, they did love each other, how lovely for 2 old boys to find love so late in life (w00t) :lol:

Alfie will have to go first, Devon is so rusty! and he's a bit stiff now so his movement aint great :- " but after he heard you talking about the sausages, he said that he would like a day out with Monty and mum :huggles:

Not sure what Monty is gonna think about it though, he'll probably shout the place down when i'm with Devon :oops:

well, how did he do? I bet he was fantastic :thumbsup:

:oops: [SIZE=14pt]We got 24 faults!! [/SIZE] :oops:

I knew we had 5 faults when he ran straight past the flat tunnel- he hasn't been through one of those for ages and I don't think he even noticed it so I shouldn't have just run on assuming he would go straight through it! :- "

Then.... I think we had some time faults for having to go back and do the tunnel, then..... I know I touched him at least once- which is 5 faults each time!

But I was panicking that he wouldn't do the weaves, and he did them perfectly so I just nudged him to say well done, then realised what I'd done :blink:

Our trainer is always telling me off because I keep touching him when we go round- but I can't help it- he's so lovely!! o:) :wub:

BUT... looking on the bright side- I didn't forget the course- even though it was 20 elements and full of twists and changes of direction:thumbsup: , Alfie followed all my direction commands, and he absolutely flew the jumps, including a run of 5 jumps at the end which he took like a Border Collie! :cheers: He really enjoyed himself.

We are definitely going to have another go- I will just have to tie my hands behind my back next time to stop me touching him! :- "

Liz and the Monellis

Bless him o:)

and for those of you who have forgotten just how gorgeous he is...........

Burgess_5_sm.jpg

Well done to you both, it sounds like you did pretty well to me - lots of luck for next time :luck:

alfie said:
:oops:   [SIZE=14pt]We got 24 faults!! [/SIZE] :oops:

Is that not good? :- " I don't know a thing about agility :b

Sounds like fun though, and well done for making it round :cheers:

I might start Genie on it after we've got Devon Dog's show out of the way :lol:

:cheers: Well done Alfie! :cheers: Good for him for staying with you, and doing his weaves well, and not embarrassing you by wee-ing up the A-frame (I won't mention who did that at his only agility show, just before running off and it took four of us to catch him! (w00t) - but all I can say is NEVER AGAIN - we'll stick to the training only!! :lol: )

:luck: Good luck at the next one! :luck:

Well done Alfie. :thumbsup: That's very impressive. :cheers:

Well done Alfie. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a great achievement. :)

I have done a little agility with Dolly - she seems to enjoy it sometimes but not always, so I need plenty of tit-bits for her. :- " :- "

Well done Alfie!! :thumbsup: and bad Mummy for making you get faults!!! :b

You just can't get the handlers, can you!!! :oops: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back