The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Agility

midlanderkeith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
went to whatch a dog agilty course at some riding stable this afteroon, thought of having a bash with jill, but wasnt very impressed £40, 8 lessons

im gonna have ago with gypsy keithy :thumbsup:

hope she doesn't embarrass me :- "

dont think my two could do it good luck to them that can :luck: :luck:

sue

I had a go with Ellie he most stupid dog in the world - when I found out I had to teach her left and right I decided to stop!

My club charges £4 per lesson if your a member and £5 if your not. But its worth every penny to see Daisy fly round the course ( not always the set course) with a huge grin on her face :D

Zeb loves agility.here are the pics to prove it..

dog3.jpg

dog2.jpg

dog4.jpg

Mine love agility too - give it a go keith - Jill can show those Collies how it's done.

Those pics of Zeb are amazing! What eyes he's got! Has he got collie in his heritage?

Most dogs absolutely love agility in my experience. I used to take my collie (just for fun) but I have seen lots of different types of dogs having a go.

I think it is the one on one attention they love and being able to please you. They are so pleased with themselves as well when they achieve something special, like a new obstacle.

Go on keith, have a go! 8)

Give it a try Keith, you may get hooked though. I started doing it with Hebe to burn some of her naughty puppy energy off. Six years later, my VW Polo & tent has changed to a campervan & awning & my small bank account has gone but we've made loads of new friends & are away most weekends in summer at shows.

Hebe & Scrumpy both compete & Hebe has won some trophies & loads of rosettes.

£5 a lesson sounds reasonable to me.... or is my math wrong. :blink:

Go on ya skinflint, give it a go, Jill would love it! :thumbsup:

Go on Keith....give it a go... you know you want to really. We're waiting for the photos you know. Jill will love it. :)

i was going to take my border terriers to agility classes but first i decided to teach them the different things at home so me hubby made me some of the stuff when they get the hang of it here im gonna take them to classes. although wont compete properly as i wouldnt stand a chance againt a collie or whippet etc lol

There are same border terriers at are club and they can put the collies to shame. I wish that i could of started earlier but he was 2 1/2 when we started and i dont know about zebs fitness but i know that my fitness has improved,

GO ON GIVE IT A GO. YOU NEVER KNOW YOU BOTH MIGHT LOVE IT.

joe90 said:
i was going to take my border terriers to agility classes but first i decided to teach them the different things at home so me hubby made me some of the stuff when they get the hang of it here im gonna take them to classes. although wont compete properly as i wouldnt stand a chance againt a collie or whippet etc lol
Unless your border terriers are really tall (over 18") they wouldn't compete against the collies, whippets etc. The classes are divided into small, med & large dogs so yours would be in with the others of the same size. SO, no excuses not to get into competition, Good Luck if you do, I may see you at a show one day :luck:

Julie

J.T. said:
joe90 said:
Unless your border terriers are really tall (over 18") they wouldn't compete against the collies, whippets etc. The classes are divided into small, med & large dogs so yours would be in with the others of the same size. SO, no excuses not to get into competition, Good Luck if you do, I may see you at a show one day :luck:

Julie

thanks for that never actually thought that id compete against the same sized dogs. its really not easy being this dim lol

Amber loves it, shes great, and very very quick. she wasnt kean on tunnels at first but is fine now

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back