The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

agm proposals

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
JUST HEARD A CERTAIN PERSON HAS PROPOSED THAT NO LIMIT BE CAPPED

AT 45LB :angry: I KNOW WHO THE PERSON IS AND HE HASN'T GOT A DOG ABOVE

30LB,SO WHY HE SHOULD PROPOSE IT F--K KNOWS,AS IT DOESN'T INTERFERE

WITH THE RUNNING OF HIS DOGS.ITS GETTING A SAD OLD SPORT MAKES ME

WONDER IF ITS WORTH BOTHERING WITH ANYMORE,ONE MORE THING IF IT IS CAPPED AT 45LB WILL THE OWNERS WHO HAVE PAYED TO REGISTER THEIR OVER

45LB DOGS GET THEIR MONEY BACK. :angry:

I propose little boys should be seen seen and not heard...

On a lighter note I propose NO INSIDE LURE at BWRA events and a little tolarance and understanding amongst us all....this has been my 1st season in the sport, and it is great fun, but sometimes the atmosphere will turn newcomers away...sadly...

Hiya paul,

Not here to cause bother but if its only your first season in running how can you say no inside lure??

I say bring back inside for the whippets as its much safer in my eyes just look how many whippets go wide!!

I myself have to pick where i run my dog from now on cos she runs extremely wide on outside but runs inside fine!!

I say we are lucky having places to run in the first place wi all the shit that goes on about certain things!!

So if a stadium with inside is wiling and wants whippets there and are really tryin to get things right then we should support it!!

Sadie.

Anyone know any other proposals?

45 limit is pathetic ,these people just like to come up with daft ideas :angry: why change something that works so well as it is , no limit means no limit ,your right neil it is getting sad i love my sport but i cant see it getting any better too much moaning and two faced people of late whats happened to freindly rivalry and good sportsmanship not a good advertisement for new comers wanmting to start racing ??? who did propose it neil ???

as far as no inside lure, why just bwra, we need it either inside or out at both bwra and fed, otherwise its going to confuse our dogs in schooling...

As this subject is No Limit capping someone give me a rundown of how many NO LIMIT class dogs would be left if a 45lb rule applied and out of how many currently running ... ???

cant see it being brought, in we need more members not less ???

You have a point there Gary dogs may get confuzed it training but Connors Lass never ran an inside hare until the Golden Jacket two weeks ago. I suppose it is better to be safe that sorry though yet in the same instance a vote to outside would leave us unable to run at Askern as I am sure others feel like myself 200m is too short for a bend distance. Speaking of Askern I think they must be commended for their desire to continue whippet racing after some of the stick they recieved about the track from a few people here and there. :D

If this proposal is true it could be close as if memory serves me correctly the chairman had to use his casting vote on a simalar proposal last year. As I don't race no limits etc I would abstain from voting (if we still had a postal vote) as I don't beleive in voting on a proposal that does not affect me. But from a personal point of view I say leave it as it is, the racers who race these dogs are happy to race off scratch and the dogs love it. I hope that I am wrong but I expect the kickboard ban to be proposed again. Lets hope that we have some proposals that could help promote the sport and bring some new racers in.

yeh neil i heard about the proposal as well its bloody stupid we sat and counted the no limit dogs that was over 45lb and that was nearly all of them, also like somebody else we paid to registar our dogs for life so should be able to do so.

us like neil wonder if it is worth bothering anymore, we have been taking our ghd to askern to race in the week and it was brill no hassle no backstabbing all just went and ran there dog with no trouble it was a great evening.

also john i have heard that it is all postal voting this year.

hi Sadie,

I take your comments on board, but I may be wrong, but I have been told an outside lure has been used for several years...So why did they change it?

My dog is a terrible right handed runner on the straights (it's cost him several races), but no concession is made in these circumstances...

Still, I do agree, that if that's the conditions and you want to race, you accept the inside lure...

Above all, we are all entitled to opinions, and it's good to discuss them in a amicable way..

Regards,

Paul

As I have heard the outside lure has only been in use for the past three years there or there abouts, so there are a number of dogs out there who were in the same predicament as some feel they are in now when the tracks decided to run outside hare. I am sure if they could adapt then the dogs can adapt now. As was said before though it may not be a choice of what lure to run as what track will allow us to run, lets face it there are some, but they are few.

well personally i prefer out side hare. but sayin that my dog {jackarella} is a right hand runner and used to run on the outside rail but whent to askern last week on inside and he ran up the middle of the track and done a very inpressive time so it does favor a rite hand runner {i reckon} :) :) :D

it was only changed to outside hare a couple of years ago if my mem serves me correctly

andy...............

Just read about the proposal for the no limit dogs being capped to 45 lb. What utter nonsense! This would leave you with virtually no - no limit racing. The scratch dogs at the moment are very well supported, you have only to look at any race meeting to see that, at Warrick last year there were 49 dogs, 21 of which were scratch dogs, without those 21 dogs the event would not have paid for itself.

Many of those people who had no limit dogs also had smaller dogs but would not have travelled just to run one of them. I myself say leave it as it is and let us start enjoying the racing criticizing it at every oportunity. I also say that if this goes to a vote we must get together and to make sure that this gets overwhelmingly thrown out.

For those people who do not have a no limit dog who wish to abstain from the voting your opinion does count and I ask you to vote against this stupid proposal as in the future you might just find a large dog in your litter and by you abstaining you have helped to stop the dog racing.

Also I would like to mention that I signed with the BWRA and agreed to their rules, signing my dog up for life. I do not think this would be fair or legal for the dog to be thown out just because they fancy a few changes!

Please voice your opinion about this matter.

Gary Farmer, Come on Ernie

Some people like lil'uns some like big'uns, aslong as they can get into and out of the traps let them race, if ya ban the big ones whats going to happen to the dogs??? big dogs run together so there isn't really a problem :w

well said gary,but sadly i reckon the no limit dogs are on their way out, with postal voting now back in force (so i was told anyway) the little dog owners will kick em out. i am really f***ed off as what harm are they doing none!!!! all you people with little uns where the f**k do you think they originate from eh? GREYHOUNDS thats where, if not your dogs would be PEDIGREES, but i guess its fine for GREYHOUNDS to be in your breeding so you can call em NONPEDS but you dont want no limits to run WHY????????? GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt if no limit dogs are on their way out. There were a number of proposals regarding scratch racing of which the maximum limit of 45lb was the most extreme, and in my view the least likely to make it to a postal vote ( the proposals will be discussed by the regional reps before being passed on to the membership to vote on - the chances of the 45lb cap making it to the postal vote are slim to none IMHO ).

As far as No limit is concerened, it may not be such a bad idea if the other scratch classes were changed so that the smallern end of the current No Limit class did not have to run against what are effectively greyhounds; eg scratch classes of upto 38lb, upto 44lb and then no limit.

Personaly I see little point in running 55lb+ dogs against whippets ( which almost by definition are weight handicap racers), as they are effectively greyhounds anyway so why not run against greyhounds? - there is more and better competition for them in greyhound racing

I READ YOUR LETTER TONY

I FOR ONE SPEND A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY ON RACING. I HAVE LARGE AND SMALL WHIPPETS AND ON A SUNDAY TRAVEL HUNDREDS OF MILES TO GET TO THE TRACKS WHICH ARE MAINLY UP NORTH. YOUR COMMENT ON WHY DO I NOT RACE THEM AGAINST GREYHOUNDS IS SIMPLE, I COULD NOT AFFORD TO RUN MY DOGS ON A WEEK NIGHT FLAPPING AGAINST GREYHOUNDS AND THEN GO AND RUN THE SMALLER DOGS AT A DIFFERENT VENUE AT WEEKENDS AND TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST I DO NOT SEE WHY I SHOULD HAVE TO. AS FOR YOUR COMMENT ON THE SMALLER DOGS HAVING A HANDICAP AGAINST THE LARGER DOGS HOW MANY LARGE DOGS OVER 55 LBS WINS SCRATCH RACING ON THE STRAIGHTS, VERY FEW. SO YES I DO LOOK FORWARD TO THE BEND RACING WHEN MY DOG DOES STAND A BETTER CHANCE. SURELY THIS RACING IS ABOUT GIVING EVERY BODY A CHANCE NOT JUST THE CERTAIN FEW WITH SMALL DOGS.

GARY - COME ON ERNIE

settle down neil u nutter bigunns wont ever be out ,all u with little uns, :( i got little and a biggun as u no ;)

:D MOVING AWAY FROM THE BIG DOGS FOR A WHILE , ANOTHER PROPOSAL WAS TO HAVE A LIGHTWEIGHT UPTO 24LB CHAMPION AND A HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP UPTO 32LB THUS HAVING TWO SUPREME CHAMPIONS AND IF REQUIRED A RUN-OFF FOR SUPREME, BUT I HAVE HEARD IT MIGHT NOT BE EVEN CONSIDERED :angry: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back