The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

agm proposals

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Your proposals about there being two supreme champs is on the proposal agenda John along with 3 more that you have put in.

;) no offence meant to you gary and a few others who are not small minded as you know a certain group of people are hell bent on kicking the no limit section out. tony the proposal has been put forward for the postal vote mate, they will not be satisfied until all larger dogs have gone, gary farmer well said once again as we have both large and small whippets and dont own any greyhounds (as yet!) and yes if the nonped racing carries on like this then i will take your advice tony and go and race greyhounds ??? ;)

non taken man lol ;) i understand why u gettin mad :angry: like i said we need more members not less so i cant see it happening just another daft proposall

First of all if its true that the postal vote is back I for one am glad of that. As I have said before I will never have a no limit for one reason only there is no racing here for them. I used to have a 32lb dog and he was not too bad but stood virtually no chance at the club as the rest were middle weights. So I hope to get light to middle weights when I get a pup just so I can get some good races at the club. As for the big dogs I like watching them run and as for capping them I fear that could lead to people leaving the sport. Each to their own I say and under normal circumstances I would not vote on a proposal that does not affect me but in this case I think I will be leanding my support to the big dogs and voting against this proposal.

NEILPEM said:
tony the proposal has been put forward for the postal vote mate,
Neil,

While I agree this has been put forward for the postal vote the letter we have received indicates that the proposals are to be discussed at the reps meeting and then a descision as to what goes on the postal vote. Some of the proposals will be unworkable if passed when other proposals are also passed. For example if the 45lb limit is passed then the proposal not to cap no limit would be meaningless if passed as well.

I PREPOSE WE BAN ANYTHINNG THAT EVEN LOOKS LIKE A WHIPPET .

SOD IT BAN ALL DOGS

DAIRTY SMELLY THINGS :w

Sorry lost it for a second there if that happens again i will have to join the B W R A committee. :D

GARY :p

:0 SORRY FOLKS I KNOW YOU ALL THOUGHT I HAD GONE FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH BUT I HAD TO COME BACK FOR THIS ONE :p :p

What on earth is going on with our sport ????? 45lb limit is silly.

Some non ped whippets cant run the straights because thay cant fit into a whippet trap and need a longer distance. So thay wait for the bend opens.

I not only feel sorry for the owners of these dogs but the committee as well.

RULES ARE RULES these dogs are non ped and have registerd with the B.W.R.A for life. So do we re-right the rule book ????? OR ban the big dogs for life ?????

Ok perhaps its not fair to run a 45lb dog with a 70lb dog. Whats stopng us having

another weight class added in for say 55lb and over .....what ever.....

The No limit dogs make up a good number at the bend events, lets face it, if these dogs cant run where will the money come from to pay for the stadiums.

Give it a couple of years without the income from Src dogs, you will find there is no bend racing for non peds of any size. The money wont be there to pay for the stadiums.

Thay miss half the year as it is. What harm are thay doing to owners of small dogs.

Makes no sence to me

TO THE OWNERS OF THE BIG DOGS I SAY fight for your dogs and the sport you love.

TO THE OWNERS OF THE SMALL DOGS give me one good reason why big dogs registerd as whippets should not be allowed to run.

I race small dogs, but enjoy watching all sizes.

How would you feel if the tables where turned and the owners of these large whippets wanted Pocket Rockets stopped.

Ken

Its not so long ago that i heard alot of people with no limit dogs moaning at a certain dog running, as they said it was a greyhound and weighted to much ..this was a couple of years ago ...if they did put a cap on no limit this might help prevent big greyhounds from running with no limit ..i honestly believe that some people just propose the cap on no limits because they can not think of any thing important to propose ...

@ John Gill ...yes i think its a excellent proposal ...it would give the heavier dogs a chance on taking sup on straights, and the lighter dogs the same on the bends ..it would solve the problem on people wanting to change the yardage venue ..i am all for your proposal

whoops :b forgot to change users again dee :p

Last edited by a moderator:
THE ORIGINAL RULE WITH B.W.R.A WAS THAT WHIPPET CROSS GREYHOUNDS WERE ALLOWED BUT THE 'SIRE' HAS TO BE BWRA REGISTERED (NOT A GREYHOUND) AT THAT TIME THE BWRA LIMIT WAS 32lb. THIS ENSURED THE AVERAGE SIZE OF DOG WAS KEPT DOWN. LIFTING THE BWRA CAP TO NO LIMIT HAS CREATED ITS OWN PROBLEM 60Ib DOGS (BWRA REG) MATED TO GREYHOUNDS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.

WHO'S BUTCH 'NEILPEM'

:D

Hello " BEYOND " As Michelle says, Tis I Ken Wright.

Do I know you ??

beyond can u tell me a greyhound thats sired a whippet bitch like u are saying

I find all this talk about breeding quite funny , considering that in the Early 60's a bitch called Young Lucy which was breed out of a whippet ,cross collie, greyhound (which i bet wasn't BWRA registered) which was lined to Bilko producing Red Baron ,Warlord also Little Lucy ..which became the foundation for some of the most excellent whippets to grace a track ..

Little Lucy won approximately 100 opens on bends and straights also scratch races, broke track records ..even after 2 litters she was capable of winning an open event. she weighted 28 lbs..

Young Lucy also produced RCH Simo, RCH Scat. Three Blank, Lucy's Boy, Laverton Gold (dam of open runners) RCH Cassandra ...Red Baron was a successive stud dog, makes you wonder where some of our whippets gets there long coats from..

RE; GARYS QUESTION. GREYHOUND SIRE ''COME ON CHIEF''. SIRE OF COME ON SUE, COME ON ERNIE. OUT OF LURCHER BITCH ''MISS ELLIE''.

After the war there weren`t many of the racing type whippets about and as such this period represents the formation of the modern track whippet, in which various types of dog were used - pedigree whippets, non peds, greyhounds and as Denise says the odd lurcher. Since speeds/track records were a lot less than today these crosses were competitive. A modern day pedigree whippet x greyhound or lurcher x non ped would run similar (if not faster ) times than the early track whippets. However the non pedigree track whippet has continually improved and these crosses would not be competitive in whippet racing today.

I believe scarback was a greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ( Vicky can perhaps confirm or repudiate this but I know her grandad did line a whippet to a greyhound)

Perhaps the racing bodies should canvass the opinions of scratch racers at their opens with 3 options;

1) no change

2) cap the weight of no limit

3) change the scratch classes so that 50lb+ dogs run separate

and use the results of this poll to formulate any rule change; the handicap owners really ought not to have any say in something that doesn`t affect them.

Tony

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back