The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ahh Well

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
BeeJay said:
Yep.  You'll see that the ignored person has posted but the window where the post normally is is empty.  You get an option to view the post if you want to.  Click on that and you'll see the post AND the others that the person has posted in that thread.  Once you've come off that thread then the posts are closed again.
Unfortunately it doesn't render invisible any posts where people have quoted from the ignored person so..........  but at least it helps. 

They also can't pm you. :thumbsup:

Try it it works well.  I've used it myself. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Unrelated question, where have you been are you not coming to racing anymore?? :unsure:

I dont personally think Keith meant any harm by what he posted. :thumbsup:

I know not everyones sense of humour is the same & some have a blacker sense of humour than others. :p

Sometimes what is meant as a joke often backfires as some people dont understand the humour in it.

I cant honestly see any harm done, if you dont find something funny then i guess just ignore it, but i dont feel anything here was meant maliciously or with spite :D

nina said:
I dont personally think Keith meant any harm by what he posted.  :thumbsup:
I know not everyones sense of humour is the same & some have a blacker sense of humour than others.  :p

Sometimes what is meant as a joke often backfires as some people dont understand the humour in it.

I cant honestly see any harm done, if you dont find something funny then i guess just ignore it, but i dont feel anything here was meant maliciously or with spite  :D

Nina...that was not joke material. People died because of that man and Keith found it appropriate to say that another K9 member should visit him. It was a sick comment to make...very sick.

Kim and Tilly said:
BeeJay said:
Yep.  You'll see that the ignored person has posted but the window where the post normally is is empty.  You get an option to view the post if you want to.  Click on that and you'll see the post AND the others that the person has posted in that thread.  Once you've come off that thread then the posts are closed again.
Unfortunately it doesn't render invisible any posts where people have quoted from the ignored person so..........  but at least it helps. 

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

You are welcome. Some of these things are useful to know.

Unrelated question, where have you been are you not coming to racing anymore?? :unsure:

Yep I'm going racing. I was at Gloucester on a week when you weren't so we missed each other. I've been going to West Somerset and Andover recently. Well done with Tilly once more. She's a little star isn't she. :thumbsup:

Nina...that was not joke material.  People died because of that man and Keith found it appropriate to say that another K9 member should visit him.  It was a sick comment to make...very sick.

Yeah & unfortunately people have died through lots of hideous situations BUT jokes are still made about it after.

I have heard many jokes related to September 11th, Binladin, George Best dying, many catastrophy's, Princess Di & so on.

All i'm saying is some will find them funny some wont?

I'm not saying it is right or wrong BUT i'm just saying the context in what it was used was not down right malicious.

If it's not your sense of humour, fine ignore it.

Over something so petty as a joke that perhaps didn't appeal to some, just dont read his posts if they are gonna cause that big a deal.

nina said:
Nina...that was not joke material.  People died because of that man and Keith found it appropriate to say that another K9 member should visit him.  It was a sick comment to make...very sick.

Yeah & unfortunately people have died through lots of hideous situations BUT jokes are still made about it after.

I have heard many jokes related to September 11th, Binladin, George Best dying, many catastrophy's, Princess Di & so on.

All i'm saying is some will find them funny some wont?

I'm not saying it is right or wrong BUT i'm just saying the context in what it was used was not down right malicious.

If it's not your sense of humour, fine ignore it.

Over something so petty as a joke that perhaps didn't appeal to some, just dont read his posts if they are gonna cause that big a deal.

What made me angry was Nina was the fact that when Keith said that it was aimed at another K9er. Yes there are jokes about tragedies that have happened in the past but to aim it at someone else, thats what made me angry. Maybe that sounds silly...buts its my opinion.

BeeJay said:

except its really obvious when someone is ignoring you... :wacko:

What made me angry was Nina was the fact that when Keith said that it was aimed at another K9er.  Yes there are jokes about tragedies that have happened in the past but to aim it at someone else, thats what made me angry.  Maybe that sounds silly...buts its my opinion.

I know & some of us are more sensitive than others about certain things. You are quite right to have your opinion BUT i dont think it was meant out & out nastily.

Some may have read it & thought it a hoot, others maybe not.

Hey, take it from someone who has been there, sometimes you say something & it is totally taken out of context & before you know it you have the world & his wife on your back (w00t)

I just think Keith is genuinely a funny guy BUT maybe his sense of humour is not always appreciated by all.

He is a bit of a character & sometimes off the wall BUT i dont beleive he means any harm. :thumbsup:

nina said:
What made me angry was Nina was the fact that when Keith said that it was aimed at another K9er.  Yes there are jokes about tragedies that have happened in the past but to aim it at someone else, thats what made me angry.  Maybe that sounds silly...buts its my opinion.

I know & some of us are more sensitive than others about certain things. You are quite right to have your opinion BUT i dont think it was meant out & out nastily.

Some may have read it & thought it a hoot, others maybe not.

Hey, take it from someone who has been there, sometimes you say something & it is totally taken out of context & before you know it you have the world & his wife on your back (w00t)

I just think Keith is genuinely a funny guy BUT maybe his sense of humour is not always appreciated by all.

He is a bit of a character & sometimes off the wall BUT i dont beleive he means any harm. :thumbsup:

Point taken. I didnt like the comment...shipman was a horrible man who did dreadful things...it was no joking matter...

Point taken.  I didnt like the comment...shipman was a horrible man who did dreadful things...it was no joking matter...

Yep & there are a lot of horrible people like Shipman around unfortunately.

Think the fact that Keith has apologised shows he realises it was not taken as a joke by some & i think if meant another way & he was truly being nasty he wouldn't have apologised.

Anyway I for one hope Shipman rots in hell & may the last laugh be on him :thumbsup:

jue332 said:
If you right click on picture and select open in,
scroll down to paint, click on paint,

At top of page in paint there is tab IMAGE, click on that and scroll down to strech and skew,

click on that and in there reduce photo to 20% and click ok.

Now save it as you would any other file.

Easy

Hope this helps  :thumbsup:

Hi Thanks for help,

Ive done the skew bit, but dont know where the pic goes when i save it :blink: i then cant find how to put it on the K9 message thing as it doesnt come up picture on the list :b I'm sure its easy when you know how :lol:

When you save it what do you save it too? and then when you press browse on K9 info thing does your pic come up there?? :unsure:

Do apologise in advance, perhaps i am not meant too post pics!! :(

I must be missing something out? :b

no comments on brain missing anyone thankyou!! :lol: any help appreciated :thumbsup:

sunny said:
jue332 said:

At top of page in paint there is tab IMAGE, click on that and scroll down to strech and skew,

Easy

if you click file/save as - you can make sure it goes where you want it

Good luck

Hi Thanks for help,

Ive done the skew bit, but dont know where the pic goes when i save it :blink: i then cant find how to put it on the K9 message thing as it doesnt come up picture on the list :b I'm sure its easy when you know how :lol:

When you save it what do you save it too? and then when you press browse on K9 info thing does your pic come up there?? :unsure:

no comments on brain missing anyone thankyou!! :lol: any help appreciated :thumbsup:

sunny said:
jue332 said:

Easy

Hi Thanks for help,

You choose where to save it - i save it in 'my pictures'. Then when you click browse on K9 you go to my pictures, and there it should be :thumbsup:

jok said:
sunny said:
jue332 said:

Easy

Hi Thanks for help,

You choose where to save it - i save it in 'my pictures'. Then when you click browse on K9 you go to my pictures, and there it should be :thumbsup:

I save mine to my pictures too Jo, it's there when you click browse on K9.

Please keep trying cos when you do get the hang of it it's really easy and you then wonder why you couldn't do it :thumbsup: Don't give up.

jue332 said:
jok said:
sunny said:
jue332 said:

Easy

Hi Thanks for help,

I save mine to my pictures too Jo, it's there when you click browse on K9.

Please keep trying cos when you do get the hang of it it's really easy and you then wonder why you couldn't do it :thumbsup: Don't give up.

Hi,

Thats where i have my problem when i click browse my pictures doesnt appear :( i think maybe something is wrong as i look for it but its not there, i think i will have to get someone to come and check my pc, and all it does in the box where normally you have your selection of pics to choose from is a couple of pics i dont want to use and the button to press to select more goes pale so it does nothing when i press to retrieve the pics i do want :wacko:

bet ive confused everyone now :eek:

Thankyou for your help i will keep trying :thumbsup:

Lynn-Alexandria said:
midlanderkeith said:
stormydog said:
wild whippies said:
To reduce size of huge piks download this small simple to use program.
http://www.irfanview.com/

To upload your piks use an image host like photobucket www.photobucket.com

or Image cave  www.imagecave.com. Once you've registered an account with them, upload your piks by browsing through your pc with the browse button, click on the image you want to upload and it's address will be entered in to the blank address bar then click on upload. Image cave may be the best image host for you to use as once the piks are uploaded, there are 3 codes to the right of your pictures, one of which is an EZ-code, all you do is copy this code and paste it into your k9 posts and it's all done for you.

Good luck and Johnny boy, go wash your mouth out! :blink:

hahah did you like that txt..jack and jill eh ? :- "

Theres summat not quite right with u my mate i suggest a dr, shipman comes to mind, but alas, he,s not with us any more

:thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know what Keith. I dont find that comment amusing at all. Dont you realise how many people died becuase of Dr Shipman...that is a malicious comment and has no place on this board. Im sorry but how would you have felt if it was your relative. I cannot believe that a remark like this has been made.

Feeling a bit guilty now for upsetting you all! I only mentioned uploading photos & now its all kicked off!! :oops:

boothros said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
midlanderkeith said:
stormydog said:
wild whippies said:

or Image cave  www.imagecave.com. Once you've registered an account with them, upload your piks by browsing through your pc with the browse button, click on the image you want to upload and it's address will be entered in to the blank address bar then click on upload. Image cave may be the best image host for you to use as once the piks are uploaded, there are 3 codes to the right of your pictures, one of which is an EZ-code, all you do is copy this code and paste it into your k9 posts and it's all done for you.

Theres summat not quite right with u my mate i suggest a dr, shipman comes to mind, but alas, he,s not with us any more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know what Keith. I dont find that comment amusing at all. Dont you realise how many people died becuase of Dr Shipman...that is a malicious comment and has no place on this board. Im sorry but how would you have felt if it was your relative. I cannot believe that a remark like this has been made.

Feeling a bit guilty now for upsetting you all! I only mentioned uploading photos & now its all kicked off!! :oops:

dont feel guilty... any innocent subject in k9 can turn into world war 3..it happens often so dont worry o:) :lol:

boothros said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
midlanderkeith said:
stormydog said:
wild whippies said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't feel guilty Boothros. You havent upset anyone...youd be surprised how innocent threads can kick off on here lol. Like whitecross says. (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back