The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Alice X Barney Pups

Fantastic to hear the babies have arrived safely - what a clever girl splitting that mix right down the middle - 3 boys - 3 gals - bewwtiful :thumbsup:

Hi Toni and Congratulations :cheers: on your new arrivals.......any news on the little fawn boy? Hope all is okay :luck:

Was great to meet and chat to you at Crufts :thumbsup: (.......I was the English one, now living in living in Northern Ireland and friendly with Lynda that crazy Australian saluki woman who now lives in Ireland!!!)

Best of luck with the puppies :cheers:

How's the little fella doing Toni??

How is the little fawn boy now? Sorry to hear that he has problems, my fingers are crossed for both of you. :luck: :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS on a lovely litter, I hope you get some sleep soon.

Sadly, as I thought, our fawn boy had a cleft down the back in the soft pallet. :( The vet got her little light and magnifier and there it was. Someone told me that you only tend to get milk out the nose when the cleft is in the hard pallet. Is this correct?

So now we are down to 5 very fat, happy and contented babies and we've had a good night's sleep so all is well in this part of the world. :thumbsup:

We sat down for a little while looking at my video from Crufts last night. Gee I wish you guys would come into the ring in catalogue order. (w00t) It's almost impossible to work out who is whom. I don't think hubbie would pay for me to come back to get someone to dub the tape. :)

Will post pics when the furkids are standing up.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and thoughts.

:cheers: congratulations!!! on your new arrivals!! :cheers: ....but so sorry to hear about the little fawn boy :(

shelly x

Sorry to hear about the boy :( Isnt it horrid when you lose one :(

Re the Crufts Video , can you take `stills` from it and maybe we can help out with who is who . :cheers:

Congrats Toni! and just cruising the site and making sure my log in worked!

Glad babies are doing well.

Love Cath in Perth - mum of Riley (a handsome Ridgesetter boy!) :)

Ridgesetter said:
Sadly, as I thought, our fawn boy had a cleft down the back in the soft pallet.    :(   The vet got her little light and magnifier and there it was.  Someone told me that you only tend to get milk out the nose when the cleft is in the hard pallet.  Is this correct?

Over the years I only seen one cleft palate, and that puppy had badly deformed jaws, dwarfism and corkscrew tail. She could not drink at all as she could not create a suction . The air going through the hole in her palate made whistling sound, like a little bird. Obviously there was nothing anybody could have done for her, it was still sad to have her PTS. She was a strong little thing.

I imagine getting milk coming out of their nose, they would have to have enough suction to actually get some milk. So the size of the "cleft" would have been an issue.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back