The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

All creatures great & small

Bcolliemum9

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm envious y'all get to watch weeks before we do (january). Loved the old show in the 70's, but really love the new ones. Wish they would rerun them. Any other fans?

I haven't seen the TV series but I loved the books as a kid.

Reactions: RGC
Not a fan of the new series, having met Alf Wight on several occasions, he was nothing like the character in the new version. Nowhere near as accurate to the books either.

I haven't seen the TV series but I loved the books as a kid.
And me, but, as with all of these book to TV transitions the books always seem better as they are helped by our imagination.

I loved the original TV version and have read all of the original soft cover books . I have not seen any of the new versions on tv, when are they on and which channel.

Having worked all of my life on farms and with livestock at the time of the earlier books, I could most definitely see the very funny side of some situations. I read the series of books through twice ( I am not a great reader but these little books caught my interest)

So do I have to stop feeling bashfully flattered now?

Reactions: RGC
Haven't seen the new version, didn't enjoy the old one with Dr. Who in it. The only interest I have is riding/driving the road that led to the ford/stream/whatever it was in the first version. My route is already planned!

At my age! I exhausted my flirting quotient many years ago.

You've not met my mum then :D

I loved the books when I was a child. Watched the first series too, but I haven't watched the more recent one. I do however love The Yorkshire Vet, which features vets who trained under Alf White.

Bless you, JudyN. That's a hoot. Please blow a kiss to your Mum from an old rocker who remembers pre decimal currency.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back