The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

All Irelands

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just `winding` you up Billy !

In fairness Billy, it was Derry Seamus told me about not Lifford, I was booking a dog in with him today and he confirmed that ! In fact he could even tell me what times they did ! !

I am a bit biased but i hope vixen Janet wont be there but she is entrusting some muppet with her hope they dont let her down

yeh, I tried to get my dogs a run at Brandywell also and trialling was cancelled. Not many places I can safely run them. the last time I did take whippets to the track, people told me BillyBoy used to trial whippets there

has anyone been to see what the ground's like at Randalstown now? the Shane's Castle course is a tough one at any time esp because of the hump in it

yeh, I tried to get my dogs a run at Brandywell also and trialling was cancelled. Not many places I can safely run them. the last time I did take whippets to the track, people told me BillyBoy used to trial whippets there
has anyone been to see what the ground's like at Randalstown now? the Shane's Castle course is a tough one at any time esp because of the hump in it
randelstown was running on tuesday,wasnt there but was told it was dead on

In fairness Billy, it was Derry Seamus told me about not Lifford, I was booking a dog in with him today and he confirmed that ! In fact he could even tell me what times they did ! !
winding people up can go the rong way...

aye we ran r dogs in lifford over 3 weeks ago...no biggy like.. havent ran them since

n e cudnt av told u wat the times were coz i was over at the ray n was the nli 1 who klnew wot they did...

we trialled r greyhounds there wen i had them n gave the lurchers the odd handslip r run round it

winding people up can go the rong way...

aye we ran r dogs in lifford over 3 weeks ago...no biggy like.. havent ran them since

n e cudnt av told u wat the times were coz i was over at the ray n was the nli 1 who klnew wot they did...
tHINK YOU NEED TO STAY OFF THAT DRINK kIRSTY.tAKE A LOOK AT YOURE POST.(LIFFORD)YOU DOOFUS.

As there was an all night girly party going on in my nephews house.It was up to him n me,to do our part,and baby sit the kids.Then of course there was the taxi buisiness of leaving a couple of the loopers home.I couldn't believe it when i looked at the temperature guage in the car,and found that it was 17 degrees,at 4.30 in the morning.It was reading 18,when i got back home again,5 minutes ago.Been up all bloomin night now.So there aint much point going to bed,at this time of the morning.Gona get the dogs out to empty now,and keep an eye on the temperature,cause it's given a realy hot day today,(hotter than yesterday)which will cause big problems for whatever dogs are racing.Its been 26/27 all week here in the west,as Castlederg has been the warmest .Will make my mind up later,whether or not we'll be racing.Will still be going to shanes though,no mater.As i was saying.Danny has his kennel mate to serve on Monday,and i just cant afford to get him injured at the moment.After he's did his wee bit of buisiness,he can race away,if it's safe to do so,but he will be going with us to Antrim anyhow.Last time we raced on brick hard ground.Trouble broke a toe on her back foot,and that was after traveling the whole way to Portloise.Will see what happens later.Had word that John Maher is not now coming up from Enniscorthy with the Scooby dog.So that should please the northern lads n lass's,as that boy can run a bit,and was the winner of the 64 dog stake down there,on Paddy's week.For those who do take part in the racing today.Make sure you are well prepared,before leaving the house,as it would be heartbreaking to see any dog getting injured,or colapsing due to the severe heat thats forecast,and thats not just the hard n fast racers.Also goodluck to the lot of you,and may the best dogs/bitches on the day win.Will try and get a few good photo's for you's,but i wouldn't think much of my chances,the way the camera is at the moment.See u all in a few hours. ...Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to wish everyone thats racing today the best off luck & hope all dogs come home injury free.. :thumbsup: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Rose :))

it's raining in antrim :lol: hope it don't last all day..

Colt got reserve in the overs and China.......................................

ALL IRELAND CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A FANTASTIC RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done John with both your dogs gotta be chuffed with that result :D ,hope all had a good day and the dogs came off sound. :thumbsup:

wot a fantastic days racing well done to all the winners and to all that took part john colin said you turned china around and wot a great job you made of it allthe racing was great andhope tomorrows as good aday ;)

looks like u all had a great day well done john with china and a big well done to billy and the family with reni. :thumbsup: great to hear all the dogs that competed yesterday came of sound.

whippet finals - the winners were much as expected by most people

1 Vixen

2 Cody

3 Tintreach (2nd to Vixen in first race)

4 Lewis (Luas? Louis?) (2nd I think in first race with Cody)

there were only 12 whippets racing this year; last year there were 3 full qualifying heats and 6 dogs for the final

whippet finals - the winners were much as expected by most people1 Vixen

2 Cody

3 Tintreach (2nd to Vixen in first race)

4 Lewis (Luas? Louis?) (2nd I think in first race with Cody)

there were only 12 whippets racing this year; last year there were 3 full qualifying heats and 6 dogs for the final
You've got Tintreach and Lewis back to front Phillipa. :wacko:

Lewis was 3rd, a head behind Cody. ;)

John's pic

100_1156.jpg

Dave

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back