The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Am I

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yep, wave goodbye and talk to them all the time ............. it's the only way to get the answer you want!! :b

I have to say, I also talk to Dessie. (w00t) :blink:

However, for those who have chewers/separation anxiety sufferers, you shouldn't really kiss and sympathise with your dogs before you go out. It is much better to tell them to go to bed and you won't be long in a positive, cheery voice and then shut the door on them.

Yep, definitaly talk to all my animals, including the chooks. :b

With my dogs I have long conversations.

Lida

mazza said:
Nipped out in the car a bit earlier, leaving Alf and Annie in the living room. As I pulled away I glanced over to the window where their two little faces were looking back. Without thinking I gave them a little wave goodbye. Just glad I was on my own at the time, I felt such a nit after I'd realised what I'd just done.  :b

this is great news, that i am in the majority and not the minority!. :)

i always tell mine where im going. when im shopping i will tell him im shopping for biscuits and he knows immediately that i will be back with yum yums!

also i tell him that i will be home at dinner time and that mummy loves him lots.

he knows what im saying alright!, he snuggles next to my face and grunts! im sure hes telling me back (well thats what i like to think anyway) :- "

i know its not just me, but when i say things he looks at me as if to answer and i know exactly what hes said. if you know what i mean.

i always tell him night night when he goes to bed, and remind him that we will see each other in the morning :huggles:

dessie said:
However, for those who have chewers/separation anxiety sufferers, you shouldn't really kiss and sympathise with your dogs before you go out.  It is much better to tell them to go to bed and you won't be long in a positive, cheery voice and then shut the door on them.
agreed, I don't talk to the dogs much when leaving them, try to be very matter of fact

it can be a different story when we are all at home. My dog was lying down and he looked up at me with one ear upright and the other cocked in the correct position (for a greyhound or whippet). I said outloud, "Sam, you look funny like that with one ear up and one ear down". He immediately shook his head in reaction and his ears fell into place!

Mad as spiders the lot of you :teehee: but having said that, we are very

careful which channel we leave on the TV for them when we go out

Paul

digzoils said:
Mad as spiders the lot of you :teehee: but having said that, we are verycareful which channel we leave on the TV for them when we go out

Paul

We leave radio on too!!lol have even called on answerphone to tell them we are on our way home!! :- "

Many years ago I used to ride a lot of young horses, so always talked to them when out on the roads. One day I was pushing my bike up the hill on my way home, and realised I was telling it not to be frightened when a bus went past. :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back