The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

An Emotional Day At Weymouth !!

Whippets4eva

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As a lot of you will know my youngest daughter emma (xxwhippetloverxx) is currently working at a Haven site in weymouth, well this is also the site

where we frequently spent our holidays with Jesse :wub: (our late whippet) :( It would of been Jesses 11th birthday on the 2nd August, so we

promised emma that we would visit her over that weekend :)

We spent an emotional couple of days there, Star and Skye enjoyed all the lovely walks that Jesse also loved :huggles: and Skye had her first trip to

the beach :D

Jesses fav place was the hill on site and adjoining farmland :) so many wonderful memories up there :huggles: but also very tough as the day before

we left for our last holiday there 2 years ago Jesse was prescibed painkillers for a limp that he had developed :( We had to return home early from

that holiday as he was still in pain :( and a few days after our return was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) :(

An early evening walk up the hill !

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

Skyes first trip to the seaside :D

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Relaxing back at the caravan :wub: :wub:

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

More to follow :thumbsup:

We released a 'Happy Birthday' balloon for Jesse :wub: from his favourite hill, and stood and watched it dissapear out of

sight. :)

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

A birthday kiss for Jesse from star and skye :huggles:

IMG_1728.jpg

An emotional time :(

IMG_1726.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love seeing photos of your pair - they look so wonderful together and I am sure Jesse would have loved to be part of the pack with them too. :huggles:

It looks like it was a very special an tear jerking weekend.

aww thats lovely sonia.....your 2 are beautiful xx

What lovely pictures, and a lovely story, your 2 look gorgeous :wub: :wub:

Awww lovely sonia ,lovely pics :wub:

mac sends lots of hugs & kisses to his sis skye :huggles:

What a special weekend and reading about it brought a tear to my eyes :(

we lost our molly not long after you lost your jesse :( god it doesnt get any easier !!!

that was so lovely sonia,what a beautiful way to remember Jesse..beautiful pics xxx

what a lovely way to remember Jesse :wub:

im sure he is happy thet 2 lucky whippys are looking after his family for him :wub:

fantastic piccys ;)

How sad, but what a wonderful gift to Jesse's memory...I really have tears in my eyes, perhaps he found my Emily who left us in July last year, and they are running together at the Rainbow Bridge.

Awww how lovely :huggles:

What a way to remember Jesse.

That's lovely and a brilliant way of remembering Jesse and his birthday. And the picture of Skye and Star 'kissing' the balloon is beautiful. :) I wish we'd thought of something like that when it would've been Josh's birthday :( - Nov 5th - probably get shot down by fireworks though!!! (w00t)

How lovely for all your family to be together , your whips are simply gorgeous as was the lovely Jesse

Lovely pics Sonia of your special time. Glad Smidge wasn't invited, he might have popped the balloon :b Bet Jesse has met up with Jenna again, and they're having a ball :D

Skye and Star are looking great. It must be so hard. I am dreading Feb 19th. Perhaps some we just love too much. What a lovely way to remember Jesse :huggles:

Skye and Star are looking great. It must be so hard. I am dreading Feb 19th. Perhaps some we just love too much. What a lovely way to remember Jesse :huggles:
That is so true. What a wonderful way to remember Jesse Sonia.

Annie

what a lovely thing to do for jesse's birthday sonia xxx :huggles: :wub:

Lovely pics, fond memories, it's what's life's all about - oh hell, runny mascara..............again.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back