The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Annaghmore

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
well done zena(colin & rhonda) ann & Eamon with Jack and everyone.loving ann's t-shirt :thumbsup:

Was just wondering if it would b safe enough to put a few pix on here,now that all the girly fight's are over.Had to take a back seat there for a while,just in case someone came flying out through the screen at me,for summit i never said ,or whatever.Will have to start with the show pix 1st.So all u hard line racer's will just have to wait.Me fink's next week's racin could be a bit closer than people fink,not meaning anyfing i have,as i have nowt at the moment,but might b a bit of a stumbling block to some next year,(me hope's)Anyway's,im gona sort out a few pix.

Just a few of my mate William Mc Keon,with his Beddiexwhippet's.Absolute smashers they are,and with an owner ,who is both a gentleman,and a genuine mate,who i have never ever,heard say a word about anyone,or there dog's.

_6144618.jpg

_6144619.jpg

_6144627.jpg

This was a head shot of a dog,as it went past me,on one of the laps around the ring.Another smashing looking dog.

_6144629.jpg

This wee dog won the puppy class

_6144692.jpg

My wee niece was asked if she would show a whippet in a class for our mate Fiona's mum,which she did with pride,as she is very keen to learn,being new to lurchers,(GOD help her).She watched the whippet owner's earlier,stacking their dog's,and remembered everything.Which resulted inher winning the class.

_6144667.jpg

_6144669.jpg

This is my nephew,whom i gave Niki,or should i say Kita,(which she answer's too without a fault)too.This was his 1st time in a ring,and he ended the day with two 2nd.s,for showing,and also a 2nd in the racing,(which we will come to in a minute,as i could'nt be bothered with too many more show pix.

_6144662.jpg

Scruff took one of his mad moments,and had a bit of a wrestle with my young bro,who is also taking an interest in the lurcher scene.(May GOD help him too).Think i'll just finish off here with the show champion's.It was nice to meet up with my old mate Billy Copeland again.Him and me won just about every show there ever was,back in the 90s,cause if it wasn't his Bess bitch who won overall show champion,then it was my Blaze dog.Don't know how many championship's bess actualy won,but Blaze was the most succesful of the two,(i think)with 36 championships.In saying that.We had 15/16 shows per year.When we had to qualify for the then All Ireland Show Championship,Blaze qualified 7 time's in the one year,and then went on and won the title,out of 16 dog's,under a welsh judge.(as the reserves automaticaly qualified,if the champion had already done so)to make up the numbers.Blaze was just about the most trophied dog ever,in this country,though it would be very tight between him and Billy Copeland's Bess.Now he has another cracking bitch,who is a granddaughter of Bess,and he won the show championship on the day,with her.

_6144683.jpg

_6144687-2.jpg

_6144687-1.jpg

.This pic is of him n Big Ann,with Champion ,and Reserve.

_6144683-1.jpg

Just one more,then racing piccies.

_6144687.jpg

By the way,he want's to use my Pyper dog over a couple of his Merel bitches.

OPP'S,forgot about these two.Wonder was there anyone in those bushes,as he was stood there for a very long time,and seemed to be doin just a weeee bit more than having a wee.I mean,when youre having a slash you dont have to adjust everything.Ha ha.He actualy seem's to be realy enjoying summit.Maybe he neede a good scratch on one of the briers.

_6144636.jpg

_6144638.jpg

He'll kill me for that.He he.Sorry John,Tucker was behind that one.

OK.Racing piccies.Sorry i didn't get the 1st heat,as the camera was focusing on a bit of grass just in front of me,as i was trying out a new angel,with the camera more or less on the ground.OK,i was eating a big lollypop,and my hand's were sticky.Just like Stormy's were,ha ha.I see he was having a wee word with Ernie,(sharing secret's)

_6144693.jpg

_6144696.jpg

_6144697.jpg

Heat 3 Now My nephew's bitch, Kita,(Niki)

_6144704.jpg

Soon as heat 3 was over,and we was expecting the over's to run,we were told that the under's final was imedietly after the 3rd heat,which meant absolutely no break fo Kita,as she virtualy had to go straight back into slip's,without a drink nor nuttin.Zena got a flyer here,as Ian seem's to have a way with his slipping,in that he thrust's the dog forward with his hand on their ass's,and propel's them up the track.(Just like it was done in the whippet rag racing,years ago,where some even threw them up the track.Good exibition on how it should be done Ian.Nice one.Within 4 strides,Zena was 3/4 length's away.Earnie had the early on Kita,but she pulled him back as they went past me,and took 2nd place.My nephew was beside himself with joy,and you'd have thought he won the lotto.

_6144706.jpg

_6144707.jpg

Dont know the exact order of the over's,but i'll do me best here.

_6144725.jpg

_6144727.jpg

_6144728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the rest

_6144714.jpg

_6144717.jpg

Thought jack was going out here.Would love to see this one on a hare.

_6144721.jpg

_6144712.jpg

_6144709.jpg

_6144707.jpg

_6144725.jpg

_6144727.jpg

_6144728.jpg

There were of course two semi final's,but stupid me,must have made a blunder ,when i was uplaoding them,or editing them or summit.But anyway,here's the other one,and a pic of the final.

_6144732.jpg

_6144739.jpg

Hope these satisfy,as im knackered,with being up since Sunday morning realy,as my 14 year old,(Sophie),left for those great English shore's at 4 oclock this morning,as she's living it up for a few day's ,in good old rich man's city of London.I heard an ice cream can sting you a fiver,on a warm day,so i hope it bloomin rain's till she come's home,ha ha.Anyway,till next week. GOODBYE. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
This is my nephew,whom i gave Niki,or should i say Kita,(which she answer's too without a fault)too.This was his 1st time in a ring,and he ended the day with two 2nd.s,for showing,and also a 2nd in the racing,(which we will come to in a minute,as i could'nt be bothered with too many more show pix.
_6144662.jpg

Scruff took one of his mad moments,and had a bit of a wrestle with my young bro,who is also taking an interest in the lurcher scene.(May GOD help him too).

Missing pic from post,of Scruff messing around.

_6144653.jpg

Think i'll just finish off here with the show champion's.It was nice to meet up with my old mate Billy Copeland again.Him and me won just about every show there ever was,back in the 90s,cause if it wasn't his Bess bitch who won overall show champion,then it was my Blaze dog.Don't know how many championship's bess actualy won,but Blaze was the most succesful of the two,(i think)with 36 championships.In saying that.We had 15/16 shows per year.When we had to qualify for the then All Ireland Show Championship,Blaze qualified 7 time's in the one year,and then went on and won the title,out of 16 dog's,under a welsh judge.(as the reserves automaticaly qualified,if the champion had already done so)to make up the numbers.Blaze was just about the most trophied dog ever,in this country,though it would be very tight between him and Billy Copeland's Bess.Now he has another cracking bitch,who is a granddaughter of Bess,and he won the show championship on the day,with her.

_6144683.jpg

_6144687-2.jpg

_6144687-1.jpg

.This pic is of him n Big Ann,with Champion ,and Reserve.

_6144683-1.jpg

Just one more,then racing piccies.

_6144687.jpg

By the way,he want's to use my Pyper dog over a couple of his Merel bitches.

billyboy45 said:
There were of course two semi final's,but stupid me,must have made a blunder ,when i was uplaoding them,or editing them or summit.But anyway,here's the other one,and a pic of the final.
_6144732.jpg

_6144739.jpg

Hope these satisfy,as im knackered,with being up since Sunday morning realy,as my 14 year old,(Sophie),left for those great English shore's at 4 oclock this morning,as she's living it up for a few day's ,in good old rich man's city of London.I heard an ice cream can sting you a fiver,on a warm day,so i hope it bloomin rain's till she come's home,ha ha.Anyway,till next week.  GOODBYE.    ...Billy...

On the advice of Martin Tucker,and knowing better myself,i didn't race Scruff,owing to the ground being rock hard,and him having a bad foot,which might not have held up to the lump's and bump's,which were like stone's in the odd place.He wouldn't have counted anyhow,as i can't get him a run ,till the bloomin ground soften's.Rain please GOD.Much needed down here.I do think this boy can run a wee bit,but it look's like i will never find out.Might gave him one run next week,all being well,but he is totaly unfit,and couldn't stay for tea at Stormy's,never mind 2 or 3 500yrd races.Suppose we can alway's wait for next year,lol.Should be fun then,with all the new kid's on the block.Wow,can't wait to see who's won the lotto,and picked the right pup,out of the right litter,who just might make the right hight.From what i here on the old grapevine,Mr an Mrs Fletcher's pup's are mighty quick.Anyway, :luck: :luck: to all who have them,and also to all who have Rose's pup's,and to those who have a few of my own. :luck: :luck: Also to everyone for next weekend.See ya al there. ...Billy...

Brilliant pics Billy :thumbsup: and a great description of the days events to go with them :thumbsup:Bet your nephew is chuffed to bits with his day :) Suppose the same could have been said for John :- " :lol: Look forward to this weeks results and pics :D

rodders said:
Brilliant pics Billy :thumbsup: and a great description of the days events to go with them :thumbsup:Bet your nephew is chuffed to bits with his day :) Suppose the same could have been said for John :- "  :lol: Look forward to this weeks results and pics :D
trying to be clever :oops: what i meant to say was 'Suppose same could have been said for John,bet he was chuffed to bits with his bits' :- "

rodders said:
rodders said:
Brilliant pics Billy :thumbsup: and a great description of the days events to go with them :thumbsup:Bet your nephew is chuffed to bits with his day :) Suppose the same could have been said for John :- "  :lol: Look forward to this weeks results and pics :D
trying to be clever :oops: what i meant to say was 'Suppose same could have been said for John,bet he was chuffed to bits with his bits' :- "

Looked like whoever or whatever,was in the middle of those bushes was too,ha ha.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back