The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Another Cruelty Case.........

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just to add, I'm surprised the RSPCA have taken in this poor little love.....they wanted sod all to do with my boy 'because he's a stray' :angry:

Something seriously needs to be done regarding the cruelty to animals issues in this country - the sentences for crimes when the culprits are actually caught (which seems to be very few and far between) are laughable and need to be much tougher - I still have horrid images of that poor dalmation puppy strung up in the tree - the person responsible has never been caught and is probably out there doing other horrible things to animals. The starvation of animals such as this dog is unforgiveable and the person responsible should be made to pay - I can think of several punishments and would willing carry them out if the powers that be can't.

clairej810 said:
Poor boy, he has such a gorgeous face! :(   Will he be safe with the RSPCA?  I mean I know they do good work and everything, but they sometimes PTS don't they?
It depends on the branch...a large number will only pts if the animal is too far gone with illness to be cured, or too dangerous to be rehabilitated. Our local branch only pts as a totally last resort.

BIGGEST LOAD OF SHOITE EVER WRITTEN SAID OR BROADCAST......

"BRITAIN IS A NATION OF ANIMAL LOVERS " ........ (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

DONT MAKE ME SICK......... :x :x :x

BRITAIN IS A NATION OF ANIMAL KEEPERS !! :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
The poor boy, looks like he was found in the nick of time. He is all skin and bone, I doubt if he would have survived much longer.

Hope he makes a good recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

How someone could neglect and abuse an animal to the point of starving it to death is beyond me. Wicked, evil scumbags :rant: :rant: :rant:

disgusting.and we call ourselves a civilised society!ha! :angry:

i dont think the rspca ever put to sleep cuelty cases they usually foster them so that if the owner refuses to part with the dog and sign its ownership over to the society then they can show before and after picture and vetinary evidence of cruelty and that the dog didnt have a pre-existing condition as since theyve rescued the animal it has put on weight etc.i dont think they put them to sleep as the dog itself is evidence.thats of course unless the animal is suffering and ought to be pts.personally,i think the person who owned this dog ought to be pts :rant:

i cannot believe people to be so cruel and dam heartless,the punishment is bugger all :rant: :rant:

A couple denied emaciated dog found in their garden belong to then until they were identified as the owners by a public appeal have been sentenced 100 hrs community service they only admitted ownership of 17 yrs old poodle cross after a appeal in the local paper for his owners to come forward led straioght to the door.Sooty was hungary,fifthy and in considerable pain.sadly after a month he had to be put to sleep

This makes me physically sick... how can any1 be so cruel?... hanging them is too good for the b******s!...

EMILY said:
Something seriously needs to be done regarding the cruelty to animals issues in this country - the sentences for crimes when the culprits are actually caught (which seems to be very few and far between) are laughable and need to be much tougher - I still have horrid images of that poor dalmation puppy strung up in the tree - the person responsible has never been caught and is probably out there doing other horrible things to animals.  The starvation of animals such as this dog is unforgiveable and the person responsible should be made to pay - I can think of several punishments and would willing carry them out if the powers that be can't.
here here totally agree

Mark Roberts said:
Theres no excuse at all for this sort of thing to happen these days, all they had to do was drop it off at a resuce center/police station if they didnt want it before it got into that condition.

I've never been able to understand neglect either...........now (and please let me get to the end of the thought before you throw up your hands in horror!) the 'beating' side of cruelty i can understand (UNDERSTAND, not condone!) It makes bullies feel powerful, and if beating an animal makes them feel big and important, i can see why they do it............they still want locking up for being evil remorseless torturers :rant:

but to just ignor a starving animal and ALLOW them to waste away, for the want of a short car journey to a rescue centre/police station........I really can't understand. From a purely selfish point of view - do they really want to listen to heartwrenching whining and walk past a pitifully thin dog every day, when the solution is so easy? Death by laziness - a sad epitaph to put on a poor dog's headstone :rant: :rant:

Poor Poor dog :( I'm in total agreement with everything that has been said about the lowlife scum :rant: that has let him get so bad. The RSPCA will only PTS him on vet advice if he's suffered too much internal organ damage by starving. We had a dog in a few years ago in a similar condition & even though she began to look brighter there was something not quite right about her & blood tests found she had liver & kidney damage. She was only about 5 yrs old. Very sad & frustrating. She had been owned by a bloke who went into prison & his sister was "looking after" the dog, she would go to the house when she remembered & feed her. Eventually she decided that even this was too much trouble & called me to rehome the dog, not telling me any of the background story. When I went to collect her I couldn't believe the condition she was in. Thats when I got the sob story, she never wanted to look after the dog, no time etc. etc. Turned out this had been going on for at least 6 weeks :rant: the floor was :x with wee & poo.

If we could have saved her we would but sadly she was PTS because of the stress caused to her organs. The owner couldn't be prosecuted cos he was in prison & because the sister voluntarily signed the dog over before a complaint was made, nor could she :rant: An inspector did go round & read the riot act but the damage had already been done.

Hope this one is luckier :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back