The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anxiety / reactivity - advice please!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Training will be on hold soon as he's having an operation on Friday because he's been diagnosed with stage 2 and 3 patella luxation in back legs.
He's gonna need a slow and steady recovery. 😪
He now has a elevated bed which he is loving and we hope this helps with his comfort.
His trainers believes this discomfort could have played a huge role in his anxiety on walks, a fight or flight scenario 🤔.
Thoughts?

Your trainers could well be right. I know if I'm in pain, I'm a grumpy old bag.

I can't remember if this has been suggested but can you get a buggy to take him out and about during his recovery? We had one when Timber had his cruciate ligament surgery and I honestly think it kept us all sane.

That may be an idea..our trainer has said that once he is up for moving about she will send some advice but his training began because of his reactivity with dogs so I guess we'll be taking it slowly and training and recovering simultaneously! 😉

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back