The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any collie owners out there? advice please

Discussion in 'Pastoral' started by K&Max, Apr 16, 2013.

1. K&Max

K&Max New Member Registered

I have a 5 month old blue merle male collie, I have been told by the vets to get him neutered at 6-9 months. I have been told by someone else who has 3 collies to try and not to have it done too soon or at all as it can stunt there growth. His hormones haven't kicked in yet. I am unsure whats the best to do for him. Any advice appreciated. Thank you

2. lurcherman

lurcherman Well-Known Member Registered

Not a expert on this but i always thought 6 to 9 months was too early. Seek more advise and you can do that by google. I take it you not going to breed from your dog? Anyway best of luck.

3. K&Max

K&Max New Member Registered

He's not KC registered, I imagine he would make a good stud dog! Can you breed from a dog that's not KC registered?

image.jpg

4. lurcherman

lurcherman Well-Known Member Registered

Accidents happen say ur dog and a friends dog could make great dogs, goverment trying to stop this but never will. Breeding for selling like in papers not what you should aim for but like i said accidents happen.