The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Any collie owners out there? advice please

K&Max

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a 5 month old blue merle male collie, I have been told by the vets to get him neutered at 6-9 months. I have been told by someone else who has 3 collies to try and not to have it done too soon or at all as it can stunt there growth. His hormones haven't kicked in yet. I am unsure whats the best to do for him. Any advice appreciated. Thank you

Not a expert on this but i always thought 6 to 9 months was too early. Seek more advise and you can do that by google. I take it you not going to breed from your dog? Anyway best of luck.

He's not KC registered, I imagine he would make a good stud dog! Can you breed from a dog that's not KC registered?

image.jpg

Accidents happen say ur dog and a friends dog could make great dogs, goverment trying to stop this but never will. Breeding for selling like in papers not what you should aim for but like i said accidents happen.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back