The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Any Highgate Results?

finishing line put across track ---how you can give a dead heat with no finishing line astounds me -

quite easy i thought one dog won jeff thought the other dog won simple when you think about it :cheers: :lol:

well done all the winners :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
kipper fluke said:
Things that need to be in place before next meeting-----(in my opinion)-- yard measure laid out at traps----finishing line put across track ---how you can give a dead heat with no finishing  line astounds me ---better communication with reference to what is going on ---racers to get out of way of dogs racing  lucky yesterday dog was not seriously hurt plenty of room inside track---to stand--lessons should be drawn from these oversights---steve

There was a yard a pound tape made for high gate and left there for this years meeting but it had vanished.

there was a winning post and 2 judges on all day.

everything was read out on the microphone and repeated more than once, not my problem i didn't have my karaoke voice on.

agree that races should be made to stand n the track this was announced over the mic a lot of times.

Nothing simple ----if your both looking at a different place/ from a different angle which you are bound to have been stood side by side but then this is the sort of reply i expected ---impossible infact even with a camera if there is no line --i put it to you Mr Gill that it would be a different story had it been your dog under same circumstances. But i stated at the start this was my observation and opinion i never asked you to agree its things like this that cause the upset in racing when there is no need for it.

steve boyd

great day out cngrats to all the winners :cheers: especially bruce and di - well done lacey

john & fiona

its nice of people to offer to help such as john and jeff did thanks lads, point taken steve.

the white line is offered as a visual aid for the watching public to see that the race

is over,and in the event of a photo finnish the final images along with the aid of computerised imaging equipment will produce.a final winners image that will then be studied by the judges in making their decision on the overall winner of the race.

the image is produced this way to provide an accurate view of the winning line and because the white line on the track is only offered as an aid it's position is not taken into account,this is because re-positioning the line time after time cannot be guaranteed that it is placed in the same spot,whilst the computer image can.

know if this helps but this is the ruling that is used at highgate greyhound stadium rule 13

Thank you Graham-Was the computerised imaging equipment in use for yesterdays event?

May i just point out that none of our own dogs had a dead heat yesterday-not having a personal moan before some jump to that conclusion.

It was a genuine concern echoed by other fellow racers too.

A constructive comment not a criticism- which Steve thought would be welcomed.

I personally laid the blue strip across the track after asking Di Belwoods permission.

Karen Boyd.

quote Thank you Graham-Was the computerised imaging equipment in use for yesterdays event

no it was not available :angry:

Nothing simple ----if your both looking at a different place/ from a different angle which you are bound to have been stood side by side but then this is the sort of reply i expected ---impossible infact even with a camera if there is no line --i put it to you Mr Gill that it would be a different story had it been your dog under same circumstances. But i stated at the start this was my observation and opinion i never asked you to agree its things like this that cause the upset in racing when there is no need for it.

steve boyd

jeff and myself went there with nothing to run and to enjoy the racing , we were asked to judge and do the timing of which we were glad to help out,if this is going to be the kind of abuse we recieve for doing a thankless job then i would appreciate it very much if i am ( can't speak for jeff ) not asked again as i can quite easy stand back and critisise others. this is the sort of comment i have to expect off mr boyd :oops:

why did nobody ask for the tape to put across the track at the start of the racing instead of waiting untill there was a debatable race taken place.

But at least we know the times will have been decent with you two on the clock :thumbsup:

Incidentally we have no times on our programme so if anyone would like to PM them to me I'd be very grateful ! :* :huggles:

john it,s a waste of time arguing you cant do right for doing wrong we can only give the result that we see but that,s not good enough for some people

My comments were neither abusive or infactul - they were made in the hope that next meeting held improvements can be made and if you choose to take them as a critism of your ability so be it -it was not intended as such

steve boyd

no limit ht1

magical dreams

irish danny

four sale

magical stag

nazs warrior 1st 16.01

ht2

leo stag

mebs rosie

uptown bear

pems lad 1st 15.77

ht3

abbey road 1st 15.59

blue lightening

shane

challenger

40lb

magic blade

stag possesed

penny black

bigland vixen

gypsy queen 1st 16.30

vets

two become one

vivs quest 1st 17.27

captain blade

28lb

pits and pieces

night venture 1st n o/a 16.84

on line

35lb

trevors chaser

show 3 1st 16.59

vandason

dogs 19lb

vivs merlin

two 4 one 1st 17.70

vivs fantasy

23lb

tom smith

gold run

morpheus 1st 16.72

coral

27 ht1

midnight run 1stn class 16.25

minsters superrocket

gemson

ob2

ht2

guess what

leo

oscars pride 1st 16.39

dionysis

a kinda pleasure [solo] 16.23

35lb ht1

nikitason

sailaway 1st 16.32

chase me

jack the lad

mr peak

ht2

ludicris

midnight boy

mad max

brookhill buddy 1st n class 16.48

bitches 19lb ht1

hope 4 more

see spot run

our amy

amazing grace

ventura 1st 17.98

ht2

viarita

waterford 1st n class 17.03

drama queen

sasp n spell

trouble spot

23lb

gimmick

rapid stag 1st n class 16.89

over the moon

ht2

monkey

spirit of the stag

milky way 1st 17.02

27lb ht1

time

lacey venture 1st and supreme of the day 16.38

little doll

witch 5

rusty fox

ht2

tiger ellie

best mate

a mystery

free spirit 1st 16.61

31lb ht 1

moany moany

refuse to bend 1st n class 16.12

in dreams

acca

ht2

slipstream sadie

seven eleven 1st 16.30

silver lady

35lb

big spot 1st 16.88

bally spot

CON FINAL

NO LIMT

HT 1 MAGICAL DREAMS 15.87

HT 2 CHALLENGER 1610

1ST MAGICAL DREAMS

40LB CON

BIGLAND VIVEN 16.71

VET CON FINAL

1ST VANDERSON

2ND TWO IN ONE

3RD ON LINE

CON FINAL

1ST OVER THE MOON

2ND GOLD RUN

3RD TIGAR ELLIE

4TH OB2

well done burt and jane with morphous

also bruce and di with on winning sup vet with night venture and the sup open with lacey venture :cheers:

Just looking at the times and the dogs seem to be getting faster than bitches ----especialy the lower weight classes wonder what this is down to ???

Breeding? or are the bitches not performing as well as they used to??

makes you wonder dont it ???

steve

WELL DONE BRUV,ALSO WELLDONE FLETCH, :cheers:

yea steve just wonder why?

wud have liked to see the time see spot run would have done it was bout 6 clear when it stopped must have been a good time.

just a thought if the dogs put up the fastest times why did a bitch win the overall

and the consolation as well perhaps times are immaterial and they only run as

fast as necessary to win their race

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back