The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Any Ideas?

jooley

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello to everyone.

I am about to adopt a dog from N.C.D.L and have been told that she is a bedlington/fell terrier x. Having looked up what they both look like I find this hard to believe!

Has anyone ideas on what she is? Def a terrier, and has the broad nose of a bedlington, but is much stockier. It doesn't really matter what she is as we are all besotted already, I am just curious as to her breed.

Many thanks for any ideas! :)

POPPY_DOG_2.jpg

View attachment 24530

Last edited by a moderator:
You can definitely see the beddy like you say, wouldn't like to guess at what else though, she's lovely either way!

I know, she's so gorgeous, really gentle and sweet. She's been kept in a kennel for all but 30 mins a day. outside all her life. She's only 2 but has already had a litter.

We are so looking forward to getting her home, just need to get the fences sorted for inspection, hopefully we should have her by middle of next week.

She needs to be trained how to play , but will have a life of Riley!!

I am so excited it's pathetic! :)) :))

I could believe that. I can see fell and beddie there.

See loooks like a sweetie. Good luck with her :)

Me too-she looks like she has Beddie & Fell terrier blood in her :huggles:

She looks a lovely girl :thumbsup: all the very best to you all :wub:

She could also have some rough dachsie. Good luck with her. :luck:

She's lovely good luck with her :luck: and welcome to K9 :cheers:

she looks very sweet :wub: :wub: good luck with her :luck: :luck:

I can see a bit of patterdale terrier in her, but she is most definatly a bit beddie.

hmmmm :blink: wire haired dachshund predominantly :D looks alot like my great nans old bitch, but she (not my nan :- " ) was a more 'dusty' looking girl. does look like a dash of beddy, around the coat, but not more than a quarter.

best of luck :luck:

Looks to me like there is some dachshund in there. Lovely little dog.

Undeniably nice looking wee terrier :thumbsup: with a great future ahead :D

Well there is that Patterdale look...but the length :blink: combined with height...yup strong suspicion of maybe rough coated daxi in the mix ;) I would'nt have guessed much Bedlington at all.

All the best...hope the week goes in for you quickly :luck: More photos when she's settled with you please :thumbsup:

Strike Whippets said:
*Caz* said:
Me too-she looks like she has Beddie & Fell terrier blood in her :huggles:
She looks a lovely girl :thumbsup:   all the very best to you all :wub:

I agree 100% ......... :luck:

I am also wondering if there is any scottish terrier too, as I've been trawling the pics for any likenesses of her, here are some more pics too!!

We are all going for a visit tomorrow, I want her to get used to us as much as possible before she comes home, plus.... I am dying to see her again!

What size of bed and what type would anyone advise me on getting? :huggles:

We are changing her name. The awful people that had before called her Pig!!! She doesn't answer to it anyway, so she might be holly or polly, or maybe Meg.

Any suggestions gratefully received!! :D

cutie.jpg

cutie4.jpg

if her ears were upright, you could say scotty or even miniture schnauzer, but that face on pic makes me think dachshund even more, the expression is uncannily like assie (dont laugh, its a common name for dogs in germany :b ) just her nose is a touch broader, and her coat looks softer. she looks bright as a button, though :wub:

I have just found a site for dachshunds and there is a rough one that looks so much like her! although her legs aren't as short, they are the same shape and the coat is very similar, so I think with all your help we may have found the origin of our little pic n, mix girl!! I think more like Patterdale and dachshund for sure!!

OOOH i LOVE HER ALREADY!! :)

jooley said:
I know, she's so gorgeous, really gentle and sweet. She's been kept in a kennel for all but 30 mins a day. outside all her life. She's only 2 but has already had a litter. We are so looking forward to getting her home, just need to get the fences sorted for inspection, hopefully we should have her by middle of next week.

I am so excited it's pathetic! :))   :))

Have you checked your back... around your shoulder blades???? :lol:

You could have a couple of wings sprouting...

What an angel you are.. o:)

Hope you have lots of fun together!

snapdogs said:
jooley said:
I know, she's so gorgeous, really gentle and sweet. She's been kept in a kennel for all but 30 mins a day. outside all her life. She's only 2 but has already had a litter. We are so looking forward to getting her home, just need to get the fences sorted for inspection, hopefully we should have her by middle of next week.

I am so excited it's pathetic! :))   :))

Have you checked your back... around your shoulder blades???? :lol:

You could have a couple of wings sprouting...

What an angel you are.. o:)

Hope you have lots of fun together!

Oh bless you!! You are sweet! I don't know how anyone could not fall for her!! o:)

with her shape, i wud difenetly say dachund, she cud maybe be something like 1/2 dachund 1/4 bedlington 1/4 fell, maybe, but then if the people say she is fell x bedlington then she cud well be just that, :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back